Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 07:16 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
That's liberal logic: it's either too hot or too cold. When the temperature is just right (like, 2018 in NY) it's called.... (what, liberals?)

They want Government to be able to take more of our money and control the entire economy. Why? I have no idea. I guess they hate Rights, Freedoms, and Liberty.

Old 11-11-2019, 07:31 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
They want Government to be able to take more of our money and control the entire economy. Why? I have no idea. I guess they hate Rights, Freedoms, and Liberty.
Oh my! Who is taking your money, rights and freedom? Damn them!

Old 11-11-2019, 07:53 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
How interesting! Who are these 'liberals' that want to take your money and control the ENTIRE economy? Once you define 'they', please answer how 'they' are going to take your rights and liberty? Be as specific as possible. Thank you.

Old 11-12-2019, 06:22 AM

18,452 posts, read 8,282,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
One problem with this is that the polar vortex is always present.
yep, what do you call those waves and dips?....it's the waves and dips I was talking about

"global warming theory says the stratosphere should cool, while the troposphere warms over the arctic....

...the exact opposite happens when there's a polar vortex (waves and dips)

to cause a polar vortex (waves and dips)....the stratosphere warms...while the troposphere cools"

I would call it 'buckles'...LOL...we're getting one now

Old 11-12-2019, 07:25 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Global Warming (more accurately titled "Climate Change") causes shifts in global weather patterns. Basic science. We had one of the hottest summers in recorded history in the U.S. this year. Now the pendulum is swinging, and we will have record cold.

But according to the republican science deniers, on average we ought to be comfortable, right...?
My question is, has the weather ever been completely average year round? Yes, it's bitterly cold here. But it was also around the same temp back in 1986. There will always be some new record to replace the old one somewhere in the world. That's just normal weather to me.

Old 11-12-2019, 12:26 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,043,276 times
WaPo: NWS predicts 250 record-cold temps could be broken next week in the U.S.

So, did it happen yet? Cuz here it is Tuesday now and this was all supposed to happen between Sunday and Wednesday this week and I'm just not seeing it.

See the map --> Temperature North America

What's the scoop? Are you all getting record breaking cold temperatures for your locations?

Old 11-12-2019, 01:12 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Who stands to make or lose more money?

The people trying to create technology that uses renewable energy from wind and sun, where once you purchase the equipment the 'resource' is free?

Or the people trying to maintain the status quo, where without an alternative, we have to pay for every barrel of oil pulled out of the earth, every megawatt generated by co-gen plants, and every spork, togo box, and landfill produced by it.

I'm not one of the alarmist, but I do recognize there are things we can do better. Your argument that it's a money-grab makes no sense. The much bigger money is on the denier's side. That is my only point in this response.
There are no "climate change deniers."

There are climate change alarmist deniers, though. And for good reason.

Old 11-12-2019, 05:34 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
Why, denial that CO2 can change the climate, of course. As if
they know better than professionals in the field of climatology.
There’s a name for that-the arrogance of ignorance.
Yes, it's become a very similar situation to creationism, with true believers spouting a standard list of bad arguments based on cherry-picked "evidence" and illogical thinking. But while creationism, being a defense of long-held traditional beliefs, can reasonably be called conservative, this denial of climate science is new and radical. There's nothing conservative about it.

Old 11-12-2019, 06:37 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Of course leftists want that. And of course they will use any issue, including climate change, to encourage that where they can. But it isn't logical to conclude, based on that, that it's all a scam.

Old 11-12-2019, 06:54 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,068,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Of course leftists want that. And of course they will use any issue, including climate change, to encourage that where they can. But it isn't logical to conclude, based on that, that it's all a scam.
So wait... wouldn't increased taxes also affect liberals? The vast majority of liberals are middle to low income, just like the vast majority of conservatives. What you're saying here doesn't make any rational sense whatsoever.

Maybe not everything is a conspiracy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies