Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2019, 02:24 PM

89,216 posts, read 44,965,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Of course children born in the US to a foreign citizen parent were supposed to be US citizens if they were born on US soil (diplomatic families and "Wild Indians" excepted).
No. There is direct historical and legal evidence contradicting your ridiculous claim. I've posted it, including links.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2019, 02:26 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,716,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
That's what we all should do now that the matter is in the hands of SCOTUS. They aren't listening to our arguments here on C-D and DACA will either be alive and well or dead by next summer.
They are not trying to determine if DACA is constitutional, they are looking into how Trump can end it, which is really a technicality Trump has not figured out yet. So far he has botched his attempts to do it, but obviously an EO can be killed without an act of Congress, so in the end even Trump can manage to kill it.

However, the obvious issues still remain, like the 200 000 kids who are US citizens, and the fact that the 800 000 DACAs are currently employed, and removing them could have an impact to some employers.

Old 11-12-2019, 02:26 PM

63,038 posts, read 29,235,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Total BS. If that were true they would have never been able to speak to their parents.
Funny how their parents spoke no English when they came here and they managed alright, didn't they? You're right. What language were they taught pre-school at home? The language of their parents of course. They were taught the culture of their homelands also.

Old 11-12-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They are not trying to determine if DACA is constitutional, they are looking into how Trump can end it, which is really a technicality Trump has not figured out yet. So far he has botched his attempts to do it, but obviously an EO can be killed without an act of Congress, so in the end even Trump can manage to kill it.

However, the obvious issues still remain, like the 200 000 kids who are US citizens, and the fact that the 800 000 DACAs are currently employed, and removing them could have an impact to some employers.
Who cares about these greedy employers? Obama gave them incentives to hire these DACAs over Americans and that was shameful! They can take their minor U.S. kids with them back to their homelands. That's what a loving parent would do.

Old 11-12-2019, 02:31 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,597,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No. There is direct historical and legal evidence contradicting your ridiculous claim. I've posted it, including links.
Well, you posted one cherry-picked quote from a Senator who later went on to confirm that "jurisdiction" meant "subject to our laws" and capable of being sued in a US court.

Old 11-12-2019, 02:32 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,716,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Who cares about these greedy employers?
Who does NOT care about US employers? Yes, YOU don't seem to care about anything other than your loyalty to King Donald, but pretty much everyone else realizes there are certain challenges to be worked out, like the fact that there are 200 000 US Citizens in play (and YES, we get it that you don't care).

Old 11-12-2019, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
According to this sketchy interpretation, you would not be subject to arrest & prosecution in the United States because you would not be "subject to the jurisdiction” of the country.

Or something else equally nonsensical.
Wrong, everyone in our country is subject to obeying our laws while here but not everyone is subject to our full jurisdiction aka illegal aliens.

Old 11-12-2019, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Who does NOT care about US employers? Yes, YOU don't seem to care about anything other than your loyalty to King Donald, but pretty much everyone else realizes there are certain challenges to be worked out, like the fact that there are 200 000 US Citizens in play (and YES, we get it that you don't care).
Don't put words in my mouth and make false assumptions about me. I have no loyalty to Trump I just agree with most of his policies. The only one I'm loyal to is my wife!

You're right, I don't care about anchor babies as they aren't real citizens of our country based on the citizenship clause. I care even less about their parents who are knowingly here illegally and expect to get a pass on our immigration laws simply because they gave birth on our soil. Why are you loyal to the anti-American traitors that are pushing another amnesty which isn't in the best interests of our country and it's citizens?

I also don't care about the employers who hire illegal aliens and accepted a bribe from Obama to hire these DACAs over Americans. How is that a bad thing?

Old 11-12-2019, 02:43 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,597,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Wrong, everyone in our country is subject to obeying our laws while here but not everyone is subject to our full jurisdiction aka illegal aliens.
In what way are illegal aliens not subject to US jurisdiction? Can you sue them in civil court? Yes. Can they be criminally prosecuted? Yes. Can they be fined, arrested, and jailed? Yes. Can they be subject to the administrative deportation process? Also yes. They are subject to our laws and jurisdiction.

Old 11-12-2019, 02:44 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,710,540 times
Eliminate the 16th Amendment, and DACA would not matter, nor open borders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies