Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 05:40 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
This is one of the reasons why I eventually want to ditch all electronics and have a nice mountain cabin somewhere. I'd likely still need to use the internet but I could limit it to once a month at the town library most likely.
And I've been over this with you over and over again...with prime examples.

You can only reduce your statist footprint...not eliminate it. They will find you.

You think the public library is going to be secure? That's a government line you're using.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2019, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I don’t consider this a left or right issue. Privacy has disappeared no matter your ideology. Both parties are complicit in this loss. There is no going back. We have all become nothing more than algorithms to some internet marketer until they have bled you dry.
I would agree.

But I will continue to slam Blue when they blame the corporations in favor of the government.

I will continue to slam Red when they blame the government in favor of corporations.

They are the same thing people. The government creates corporations and the corporations own the government. It's a dirty incestuous relationship that can only be broken by having NEITHER.

Old 11-11-2019, 05:47 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,940,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
And I've been over this with you over and over again...with prime examples.

You can only reduce your statist footprint...not eliminate it. They will find you.

You think the public library is going to be secure? That's a government line you're using.
Well I mean I'll still have to pay property taxes on the land I own as well but dropping out does seem very appealing as it gets harder and harder to have real privacy.

Old 11-11-2019, 05:55 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Insurance companies would love to have total access to everyone’s Medical History and records. They could use that info to determine all types of things and it would ALL be in your record forever.

Over $25 billion to modernize health information technology systems was included in the Obama Stimulus Package to start the ball rolling on this. I remember at the time that I warned all my friends to be aware that the Federal Government and Health Care/ Insurance Providers we’re aiming to build a Dossier on them. Turns out neither the Doctors or the Patients were too enthusiastic about the Obama Plan.

https://www.vox.com/2017/1/9/1421177...edical-records
I dont like that federal law enforcement knows the details of my medical treatment, and what meds I taking, of course, this was all done under Obama, when they targeted opioid prescription drugs.

When I filled out my paperwork at my first visit to this doctor, there was a section where I could write in names of people I authorized to know the details of my treatment, I never put down the DEA or any other federal law enforcement agency.

Because I take a controlled substance (suboxone, GO figure?!!) DEA knows about my treatment and what Im taking!

If that isnt corruption right out in the open, I dont know what is...labeling Suboxone as a 'controlled substance'...DUH, its for getting people OFF heroin and drugs, there are not many reasons why such a drug would be 'controlled' unless they want to restrict people from getting clean, which is probably their goal anyway.

Old 11-11-2019, 08:19 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,492,842 times
It's a temporary condition while energy is cheap. The vast infrastructure of the internet uses tremendous amounts of electricity, while the grid is starting to break down. Many hydroelectric dams are old and ready to burst. Growing global demand is meeting shrinking resources.

Old 11-11-2019, 08:21 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Geez! Is there no end to the OP’s whining and complaining?

Old 11-11-2019, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Well I mean I'll still have to pay property taxes on the land I own as well but dropping out does seem very appealing as it gets harder and harder to have real privacy.
My buddy is down to property taxes living off grid in the mountains. Kudos to you for admitting that you still have to pay tribute to the throne.

Old 11-11-2019, 08:42 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Perhaps the Congress (HOUSE) should work on breaking up these tyrants instead of breaking up the populous with their partisan hatred!

Unless, of course, they're in on it; then we're done.
Cause that worked so well for ATT?

Old 11-11-2019, 08:47 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ons-Americans-health-data.html

I don’t think there is damn thing that is private anymore and that can’t be accessed by corporations even without your consent. There is nothing more personal than health information. Seems like our health is going the same way as marketing for a new car.

You can’t opt out of this new social contract. Is there any more living off the grid? I doubt it.
I share your sentiments, but I have to say that was another unbelievably stupid article. The obvious question that the Daily Mail did not answer is, "Are the medical data 'shared' along with the patients' names?"

Old 11-11-2019, 08:54 PM

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times
Well just look at what they are doing with DNA databases. Your sister or cousin can test and you are basically now in the system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies