Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 08:54 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,991,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Thank the republicans for giving the insurance industry whatever they wish!
I know its easier and more fun to be ignorant and blame the "other team" like that, but maybe learn a few facts instead of being so partisan.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/google-...ns-11573496790

Quote:
But privacy experts said it appeared to be permissible under federal law. That law, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health...untability_Act

Quote:
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA or the Kennedy–Kassebaum Act[1][2]) was enacted by the 104th United States Congress and signed by President Bill Clinton in 1996.
2/3 of those people referenced are Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2019, 09:15 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,802,265 times
A major private not for profit healthcare system chooses to transition from X to a secure, reliable, scalable, intelligent, HIPAA compliant cloud platform

What are they transitioning from?

Another platform operated by ???

A mess of unsecured internal systems?

Paper?

All of the above?

What exactly are you all afraid of?

Don’t use healthcare if you don’t want your medical and prescription history to be recorded.

Don’t use credit cards if you don’t want your purchasing history recorded.

Only work for cash if you don’t want your income recorded and taxed.

Give up all electronic devices.

Give up driving and motor vehicles.

Live without utilities because electronic metering...

Don’t own property because the sale is recorded somewhere and it will be taxed.

Don’t register/ vote.

I hear there are many like- minded people swatting in parts of the SF Bay Area.

Old 11-11-2019, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
A major private not for profit healthcare system chooses to transition from X to a secure, reliable, scalable, intelligent, HIPAA compliant cloud platform

Paper?

All of the above?

Don’t use healthcare if you don’t want your medical and prescription history to be recorded.

Don’t register/ vote.

So you basically don't see any value in trying to retain your privacy, and are willing to bend over and just take it from anyone just because?

Old 11-11-2019, 10:15 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,109,437 times
Quote:

But they aren't just storing data, Google has direct access to the data and will actively be participating.

Seems a bit of conundrum, tech companies like Google can vastly improve all kinds of things including medicine. When you have massive amounts of data patterns emerge and you can begin to make very accurate predictions. Other things the medical world can utilize is AI driven analysis of things like imaging data from MRI's.

On the other hand it's Google.

Old 11-11-2019, 10:37 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,109,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
So you basically don't see any value in trying to retain your privacy, and are willing to bend over and just take it from anyone just because?

Administrative costs eat up something like 30% of healthcare costs, it's inevitable that the healthcare system moves to more robust/efficient data systems.

That is only the half of it. Google is going to be active participant in these patients healthcare, they bring to the table things this healthcare provider could never even imagine doing on their own.

They could seek out another company that is not Google but the problem is very few exist that can provide the services they can especially as complete package, specifically the inclusion of analysis. AI technology is just for driving cars, it's for everything. Google is at the forefront of AI tech...

Hate to say it but this is in fact progress. We are on the cusp of what will be viewed as the AI revolution 100 years from now, similar to how we view the industrial revolution. It will be that dramatic of a change.

Old 11-12-2019, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Administrative costs eat up something like 30% of healthcare costs, it's inevitable that the healthcare system moves to more robust/efficient data systems.

That is only the half of it. Google is going to be active participant in these patients healthcare, they bring to the table things this healthcare provider could never even imagine doing on their own.

They could seek out another company that is not Google but the problem is very few exist that can provide the services they can especially as complete package, specifically the inclusion of analysis. AI technology is just for driving cars, it's for everything. Google is at the forefront of AI tech...

Hate to say it but this is in fact progress. We are on the cusp of what will be viewed as the AI revolution 100 years from now, similar to how we view the industrial revolution. It will be that dramatic of a change.
Not sure why you quoted me, its not like I'm arguing that we should resist advancements or that AI isn't going to change things.

The point is Google usurped private data for their own profit, using questionable logic, and without consent.

Old 11-12-2019, 03:57 AM

89,107 posts, read 44,928,596 times
Quote:

Paper?

All of the above?

Don’t register/ vote.

See the two statements I bolded? Just wait... you'll see... Those two will be cross-referenced, and insurance (private or public, doesn't matter which) will deny health care and any claims based on one's purchasing history indicating self-inflicted harm (obesity, alcohol abuse, etc.).

Old 11-12-2019, 03:59 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,803,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Insurance companies would love to have total access to everyone’s Medical History and records. They could use that info to determine all types of things and it would ALL be in your record forever.

Over $25 billion to modernize health information technology systems was included in the Obama Stimulus Package to start the ball rolling on this. I remember at the time that I warned all my friends to be aware that the Federal Government and Health Care/ Insurance Providers we’re aiming to build a Dossier on them. Turns out neither the Doctors or the Patients were too enthusiastic about the Obama Plan.

https://www.vox.com/2017/1/9/1421177...edical-records

Look up MHS Genesis. It's a government ran healthcare record that is putting anyone who is in that system at risk. I actually hate the fact that if my son chooses to join the military that they will see that he is going through grief counseling over the loss of his dad. They are slowly rolling it out to more military installations and it's a hot mess our government is paying billions to manage and put into more places.

I hate it and also glad the only think this system knows about me is my medications.

Old 11-12-2019, 04:35 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,379,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Thank the republicans for giving the insurance industry whatever they wish!
Both sides do. Bought and paid for.

Stop being their tool.

Old 11-12-2019, 05:04 AM

34,253 posts, read 18,620,732 times
Google, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Microsoft, Apple, Amazon, and all Tech is Far Left Progressive DEMOCRAT. Yes we have no privacy. Thank them. Before that it was Obama using the NSA to spy on political enemies and journalists he didn't like including James Rosen, and Sheryl Atkisson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies