Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2019, 05:02 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,805,357 times

Advertisements

Such a happy crew all having multiple lunches undoubted paid for by Firtash

Trump's attorney Giuliani seeking Ukrainian assistance to get dirt on Biden

Devin Nunes' aide fresh from European trip on taxpayer dollars to get dirt on Biden

Firtash's two attorneys making sure Firtash muscles into play to avoid prosecution and or Ukrainian gas position?

Parnas willing to tell all.

Journalist Soloman somehow forgetting to document the meetings in the press.

https://www.cnn.ph/world/2019/11/24/...tor-biden.html

Last edited by pbmaise; 11-24-2019 at 05:14 PM..

Old 11-24-2019, 05:23 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,127,273 times
I am not sure what the point is, but why shouldn't they be happy?

1. Trump's approval rating went up five points during the hearings.
2. Support for impeachment dropped corresponding five points.
3. Support for impeachment is minimal in swing states.
4. Republican Senators are planning to draw out impeachment should it happens to keep Warren and Sanders from campaigning, and to sabotage Biden, who will be called as witness.
5. The dems failed to produce one witness claiming to have witnessed an actual crime or heard the president ask for a quid pro quo.

And, most important of all...

6. As dems have wasted their time shooting themselves on the foot, Trump and the RNC have amassed a massive war chest of 100 million, several tens of millions of which has been spent already creating infrastructure in battleground and light blue states to identify Republican votes and get them to the polls.

The DNC, but contrast, has only amassed 8 million with 7 million debt, and all monies collected by the candidates are going to fight each other in a very messy primary which could last a very long time.

So yeah, they are pretty happy, because it is beginning to look pretty good for them. I believe that the dems better pick a very electable candidate by Super Tuesday, or they might as well fold up shop for the cycle. They are letting it slip though their fingers.

Old 11-24-2019, 05:23 PM

Of course all of this might be a big nothing BLT and fake news.

The line in the CNN report that is really interesting to me is "In addition to giving the group access to key people in Ukraine who could help their cause, Parnas translated their conversations, Bondy said."

Bondy is attorney for Parnas.

Exactly why would translation be required? I thought people like Giuliani and Nunes' aide Harvey spoke English.

Who was also present at these meetings who needed translation?

Old 11-24-2019, 05:31 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,685,599 times
Finding where the bodies are buried is risky business.

Old 11-24-2019, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Finding where the bodies are buried is risky business.
Legally expensive too. Nunes has already announced he is suing both CNN and Daily Beast. Daily Beast initially broke the story.

I gather grounds for the suit are they should not have been publishing stories based upon Parnas and his attorneys' statements.

Old 11-24-2019, 05:44 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,550,383 times
Trump operates like a mob boss

Old 11-24-2019, 05:51 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,574,372 times
The most corrupt and ethically challenged administration in DC since Nixon. Trump and all his associates are pure sleeze.

Old 11-24-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
The most corrupt and ethically challenged administration in DC since Nixon. Trump and all his associates are pure sleeze.
The thing that troubles me about this is it is too coincidental. How could it be true that reps of all key cast of players are lunching together and plotting together to further a Russian message.

It must be just coincidence Trump, Giuliani, Soloman and Nunes are all towing the Russian story that it is all about Ukrainian interference.

This is like pulling back the curtain and observing them all sitting there eating at a Trump hotel.

I wonder if we can get video camera records of who attended these little lunches.

Old 11-24-2019, 06:30 PM

6,739 posts, read 4,427,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
The thing that troubles me about this is it is too coincidental. How could it be true that reps of all key cast of players are lunching together and plotting together to further a Russian message.

It must be just coincidence Trump, Giuliani, Soloman and Nunes are all towing the Russian story that it is all about Ukrainian interference.

This is like pulling back the curtain and observing them all sitting there eating at a Trump hotel.

I wonder if we can get video camera records of who attended these little lunches.

Getting their game plan ready. It doesnt look good for Trump, so they need a new spin. Its doesnt have to be true, just muddy the waters. Thats what lawyers do when the evidence points to their client, or clients in this case, is looking guilty. The whole Trump administration are crooks, run like the mob.

Old 11-24-2019, 06:45 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,388,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
There is no such thing as a "Russian message".

And why would it be a problem if Nunes did go to Ukraine on a fact-finding mission? Your accusations just don't make sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies