Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2019, 12:55 PM

73,050 posts, read 62,670,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Well said. In fact, for many of us, aligning ourselves with the religious right would run against and disgrace our religion.
At one time I did unwittingly align myself with the religious right. I found some racist individuals there too, albeit of the passive-aggressive variety.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2019, 01:36 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,604,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't agree with stopping all immigration but the balk of your comments is just plain nonsense! We need to decrease the demand for labor to fit a smaller economy/population. We don't need a burger joint on every corner which pays next to nothing.

Just what is the GOP supposed to do to attract more voters? Advocate for open borders and amnesty for illegal aliens? Embrace social programs that are burdening the taxpayer?

Oh stop with the flaming of white, Christian values! Not only are you throwing out the race card but attacking the principles that this country was founded on. Typical liberal, lefty hatred!

No one wants to go back to the 1950's in every way. However, there were many good things about that era also but it doesn't fit with your so-called progressive agenda, does it? Just who are these average Americans today that you are speaking of and just what are their ideals?
Quote:
No one wants to go back to the 1950's in every way.
I certainly hope not, as they are called the 'silent generation' for a reason ...

Old 11-29-2019, 02:32 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,385,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Unworkable policy.

Hate to break it to you but conservative white America is not having enough babies to make up for the demand for labor in the US. We are at full employment.
"Conservative white America" is having just the right number of babies" to meet the demand for labor in this country. How could it be otherwise? Economically, your claim is silly. "Conservative white America" is responding to market incentives. The market says children are too expensive at the margins; i.e., their economic prospects don't justify the cost of producing them. Wages are too law.

The "full employment" claim is both false and irrelevant. We're nowhere close to full employment, and full employment does not imply that there is a labor shortage. Wages haven't risen since 1973. There is a labor SURPLUS.

Immigration suppresses native fertility, and then you want to exacerbate the problem with more immigration? That sounds like you hate the natives, or at least the "Conservative white" natives.

Old 11-29-2019, 02:33 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,385,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Did California Pass a Law Allowing Undocumented Immigrants to Vote in Federal Elections?

What's False

"California has not implemented a law authorizing non-citizens to vote in federal elections."
What's false: The idea that "passing a law" is necessary.

Old 11-29-2019, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
"Conservative white America" is having just the right number of babies" to meet the demand for labor in this country. How could it be otherwise? Economically, your claim is silly. "Conservative white America" is responding to market incentives. The market says children are too expensive at the margins; i.e., their economic prospects don't justify the cost of producing them. Wages are too law.

The "full employment" claim is both false and irrelevant. We're nowhere close to full employment, and full employment does not imply that there is a labor shortage. Wages haven't risen since 1973. There is a labor SURPLUS.

Immigration suppresses native fertility, and then you want to exacerbate the problem with more immigration? That sounds like you hate the natives, or at least the "Conservative white" natives.
Well, I notice that in conservative areas, Whites are more likely to have kids. In liberal areas, I notice the White birth rate tends to be lower. In Alabama, where I currently live, it seems like alot of whites are getting married and having kids by the time they're 28. I also lived in Georgia for a long time. Most of the White persons that I know who have had at least 3+ kids are conservative in their political leanings.

Utah, a Mormon Republican state, has a higher than average birth rate among its White population.

In ultraliberal Seattle, people who own dogs outnumber people who have children. In ultraliberal Portland, in spite of rapid population growth, school enrollment in Portland proper has decline in the last decade. Alot of people moving there don't have kids.

I notice that birth rates are likely higher in cheaper areas. Expensive cities like Seattle, Portland San Francisco, they don't lend themselves to reasonable cost in terms of raising children.

About the labor. Labor force participation has been on the decline since 2007. Many people are either unemployable or have just given up. Alot of people who are perennially unemployed have been that way for a LONG time.

The 'labor surplus" could be summed up like this: a labor mismatch. Alot of people who don't have jobs also don't have the skills needed to fill certain jobs. Alot of good paying jobs require training and education outside of high school. The trades are suffering right now because there are many who either don't have the aptitude for it, or they refuse to do it. Many people have obsolete skills.

And about those wages. Businesses look at workers as a burden, not an asset. If some people had their way, slavery would be back. Ever wonder why some of these automobile plants open up in rural areas of Alabama and Mississippi? Cheap labor, cheap land, cheap cost.

We have labor mismatch, and problems with people looking for the cheapest way out.

This is the thing. No one is stopping White people from having kids. What bothers some people is that non-White birth rates are higher. Even if mass migration stopped right now, the changes in demographics would continue, simply based on birth rates.

Old 11-29-2019, 03:51 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,604,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Did California Pass a Law Allowing Undocumented Immigrants to Vote in Federal Elections?

What's False

"California has not implemented a law authorizing non-citizens to vote in federal elections."
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
What's false: The idea that "passing a law" is necessary.
In a Constitutional Republic please tell me when it is not necessary to pass a law? States have rights too, you know. And we live in a time where being a citizen of the u.s. is not enough, to be allowed to vote as there are restrictions and guidelines that have been implemented throughout each State. If you do not meet the criteria, even though you may be a citizen, you can't vote in elections.

What you are trying to say it that any one living in California regardless of their citizenship status is allowed to vote in federal elections and that is false.

Old 11-29-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Unworkable policy.

Hate to break it to you but conservative white America is not having enough babies to make up for the demand for labor in the US. We are at full employment.

What's going to have to happen is your party will have to shift on policy to become appealing to more Americans.

I'm sorry if this offends your small town white Christian conservative values, but it's a fact.

You are correct that demographics matter though, and unfortunately for you, we won't be going back to the 1950s. Your party needs to deal with it and understand who the average American is today.
I think about alot of people who scream "white genocide", and there is one thing I consider. It isn't dropping white birth rates that scare them. It's non-Whites having more babies that scares them.

We're not at full employment at this point. In fact, workforce participation has been dropping since the 2000s. On the flip side, many jobs have a hard time filling positions, mostly because of skill mismatch. There are also those who are perennially unemployable. And job discrimination is still taking place.

This is how I see the GOP. At one time there were more Hispanics and Asians voting GOP. Not so much nowadays. Some people want to return to the 1950s because they believe that America should be "whites only". Those days are gone.

Old 11-29-2019, 05:01 PM

When the strategy proposed is "reduce their numbers" or "use measures to make it harder to vote, even for U.S. citizens", perhaps the political party involved should think about why said groups aren't voting for them. Instead of complaining "they vote democrat all the time", ask "why won't they vote GOP"?

Old 11-29-2019, 07:10 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,127,243 times
Quote:
Unworkable policy.

What's going to have to happen is your party will have to shift on policy to become appealing to more Americans.

I'm sorry if this offends your small town white Christian conservative values, but it's a fact.

You are correct that demographics matter though, and unfortunately for you, we won't be going back to the 1950s. Your party needs to deal with it and understand who the average American is today.
Pffffft

Automation will decimate jobs. Fools

Abort your babies but “we need more workers”

Old 11-29-2019, 07:32 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,761,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
70% of legal immigrants vote left/democrat decade after decade. Its time to stop all immigration.

And only a few mainstream talking heads seem to be talking about it. Ann Coulter, Michelle Malkin, Tucker Carlson, Michael Savage.

This needs to be spread fast or we will never be able to win another election again in just a few short years.
Demographics ARE important. What is your first language ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies