Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2019, 05:35 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,563,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
Vick admitted to murdering several dogs and also to knowing that his friends murdered several more.

I could give a **** how much precious money he lost out on, he's a worthless human being who didn't "make a mistake" and doesn't deserve a chance at redemption. if you think that he does, then you're gullible.
"It was a mistake, I'm sorry....I didn't know that drowning or hanging a dog to death would result in their death" Come on!

And yes. If Cancel Culture is being discussed betwee Kap and Vick (which is what the other poster did) then yes, Kap is more of a victim of that. Because his perfectly legal and peaceful protests offended so many snowflakes that his career was affected by it. THAT's cancel culture.
Yes, Vick did bad things, that's not in dispute. He paid for what he did....and you seem to be the type of person that isn't willing to forgive, that's a personal shortcoming and I can't help you there.

The reason Kap's career ended was because he sucks at football, it wasn't for any of his political nonsense. The reason Vick's career was halted, and you think should have been ended, was because he did bad things....that's cancel culture. You are actually a perfect example of what is wrong with people these days.

I would argue that the most worthless human beings out there are those who refuse to forgive after a person serves their time and makes good faith efforts to make amends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2019, 06:00 PM

78,502 posts, read 60,702,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
He tortured dogs.

One thing that the right and left normally agree upon is complete disgust for animal abusers.

The NFL is not really an organization to be proud of.

They will pretty much take anyone - wife beaters, you name it.
Although I'm no fan of what Vick did, he served his time, took responsibility for his actions and repented.

If you cannot find it in your hear to give someone a second chance after making amends then that's you're own personal choice but I'm totally cool with it.

As for Kap, well I was also totally cool with him trying out but wow....that stunt showed he wasn't being serious.

A huge problem for Kap would be if he got put back on the field again and he *sucked* badly (which is in fairness a strong possibility) it would greatly undercut his whole stance.

In short, I feel that he is entirely decided never to play in the nfl again but that these types of publicity stunts are necessary to promote the ruse a bit longer. (Please note, I'm not against the NFL settlement or any of that either, just speaking the truth as I see it to the current situation. It's sports entertainment after all.)

Old 11-19-2019, 06:02 PM

45,613 posts, read 27,240,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
Vick admitted to murdering several dogs and also to knowing that his friends murdered several more.

I could give a **** how much precious money he lost out on, he's a worthless human being who didn't "make a mistake" and doesn't deserve a chance at redemption. if you think that he does, then you're gullible.
"It was a mistake, I'm sorry....I didn't know that drowning or hanging a dog to death would result in their death" Come on!

And yes. If Cancel Culture is being discussed betwee Kap and Vick (which is what the other poster did) then yes, Kap is more of a victim of that. Because his perfectly legal and peaceful protests offended so many snowflakes that his career was affected by it. THAT's cancel culture.
Vick paid his dues, did his time in prison, and became and advocate for animal safety.

Any lingering issues are yours, not his.

Old 11-19-2019, 06:21 PM

19,729 posts, read 10,147,288 times
The biggest problem with signing Kap would be the irate fans. Most teams would lose thousands of fans (probably temporarily) and he does not have enough talent to make it worthwhile. He had regressed while with the 49ers and they said he was not interested in studying game plans. If still in the NFL, he would probably be a 2nd or 3rd QB, and he wants starter money according to what you read.

Old 11-19-2019, 07:14 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,869,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Then at the last minute - he changes the terms, and he changes the venue from an NFL ready facility to a high school. Doesn't sound like someone who is thirsty for a job in the NFL.
The NFL was trying to control the situation. Why should Kaepernick trust the NFL after they blackballed him? The NFL tried to get him to sign a waiver to forfeit his rights. This was all a setup by the NFL. All Kaepernick wanted was transparency.
Thankfully he has some of the best lawyers money can buy & didn't fall for the NFLs games.

Old 11-19-2019, 07:19 PM

10,809 posts, read 4,362,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I'm sure he's crying all the way to the bank with his settlement.
Odds are he's already purchased his favorite toys, so I doubt money would make a difference....

Old 11-19-2019, 07:29 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,241,592 times
Move on. He’s been outta the league for an eternity now, and he left a very wealthy man.

The end. Turn the page to a new chapter.

Old 11-19-2019, 07:29 PM

2,068 posts, read 1,000,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
The NFL was trying to control the situation. Why should Kaepernick trust the NFL after they blackballed him? The NFL tried to get him to sign a waiver to forfeit his rights. This was all a setup by the NFL. All Kaepernick wanted was transparency.
Thankfully he has some of the best lawyers money can buy & didn't fall for the NFLs games.

Lawyers won't get Kaepernick a quarterback position in the NFL. Neither will his little fit on a high school practice field.

Colin, go join Vince Young, Robert Griffin III and Johnny "Football" Manziel on the list of has-been NFL quarterbacks. Your time has passed you by.

Old 11-19-2019, 07:44 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,869,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
Lawyers won't get Kaepernick a quarterback position in the NFL. Neither will his little fit on a high school practice field.

Colin, go join Vince Young, Robert Griffin III and Johnny "Football" Manziel on the list of has-been NFL quarterbacks. Your time has passed you by.
What fit did he throw? Lawyers will help to prevent collusion.

It's funny that many NFL players spoke out in favor of Kaep saying he was blackballed (Aaron Rodgers, Richard Sherman, Michael Bennett), but on city-data you have the couch potato sports experts who think he's a has been, or not good enough to be in the NFL. I think I'll listen to the the players who along with Kaep, played in a Super Bowl, regarding Kaepernicks ability at QB.

Old 11-19-2019, 08:37 PM

78,502 posts, read 60,702,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Move on. He’s been outta the league for an eternity now, and he left a very wealthy man.

The end. Turn the page to a new chapter.
Errrr....but he just organized a tryout with NFL teams and then threw a curveball at them.

This isn't people seeking Kap out for a kickin', he went out after this.

Soooo, I don't agree with you because this is all on Kap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies