Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the House Democrats call a vote to officially impeach President Trump based on what we have see
Yes 86 68.25%
No 40 31.75%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2019, 02:43 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,455,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Because it’s beyond obvious trump is a crook, a con man whose only interest is to further his businesses. During & after his time. If one can’t see that glaringly obvious fact, shrug, they are irrelevant.
Sorry, there are millions of us who don't see it YOUR way.

We are not irrelevant lol.

Meet you at the polls.

Old 11-22-2019, 02:46 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,578,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Sorry, there are millions of us who don't see it YOUR way.

We are not irrelevant lol.

Meet you at the polls.
Shrug, I mean, brainwashing cons is really easy.

Old 11-22-2019, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Frankly I think that allegation is nonsense (my bold of your post).

As for the 'Democrats' vs 'Trump' my general take is that both entities bring on many of their troubles. Trump clearly is incompetent but that's not sufficient reason for impeachment. But his Ukraine actions are sufficient reason for a Congressional inquiry IMHO. Trump blocking witnesses from testifying may well become sufficient reason for impeachment - and the Senate can do what it will.

The Senate allowing Trump to suppress testimony and not supply documents will be every bit as much a political decision as various allegations against Democrats.
How is it nonsense when the Democratic congressman in charge of the sham impeachment hearings held press conferences for months saying the President was colluding with Russians?

What is that if not a Russian double agent?

Seriously, you think its ok for a Congressman to accuse an American president of being in collusion with Russians when despite what he said he had no evidence?

Sorry, we have a different standard of behavior for American congressmen/women...….regardless of party.

Whens the last time you accused a fellow American of being in collusion with Russians?

Old 11-22-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Shrug, I mean, brainwashing for cons is really easy.
Fortunately, so is voting against the brainwashed masses.

Old 11-22-2019, 02:48 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,578,706 times
Quote:
Fortunately, so is voting against the brainwashed masses.
Right, that’s what we Dems have going for us.

Old 11-22-2019, 03:01 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,352,541 times
Quote:
How is it nonsense when the Democratic congressman in charge of the sham impeachment hearings held press conferences for months saying the President was colluding with Russians?

What is that if not a Russian double agent?

Seriously, you think its ok for a Congressman to accuse an American president of being in collusion with Russians when despite what he said he had no evidence?

Sorry, we have a different standard of behavior for American congressmen/women...….regardless of party.

Whens the last time you accused a fellow American of being in collusion with Russians?
I said the allegation itself is nonsense. In other words, Trump is not a double agent nor did I ever think him one.

Old 11-22-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Right, that’s what we Dems have going for us.
So, since Trump will be a known thing, no question about Russian interference.

But, I'm sure you will agree that if a Dem wins all bets are off and we should immediately start an investigation into whether or not they colluded with Russians and/or Russians interfered with the election.

Right? or outrageous?

Old 11-22-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
I said the allegation itself is nonsense. In other words, Trump is not a double agent nor did I ever think him one.
Ok fair enough...…...but Democratic elected officials are portraying him as such and have been since the election.

So forgive me if I don't expect the people who have been portraying him that way to be fair in any kind of hearing.

And, frankly regardless of what you yourself believe, why would you expect a Congressman who has portrayed Trump as a Russian colluder/double agent to be fair?

Old 11-22-2019, 03:09 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,556,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Trump took office with 6 years of positive job growth. But somehow he miraculously is responsible for the low unemployment rate.

If we did not have some 76 months of positive job growth before he took office....he couldn't take credit for the low unemployment rate.

THe recovery is 10 years strong -- longest recovery ever. YEAH Trump hasn't tanked it ----

There was no surge in GDP, job growth, consumer spending after the tax cuts were given.

Funny you would bring consumer spending up -- it dropped in September.....another indicator of maybe a slowing economy.

The more I see Trump defenders I see people so blinded in their need to defend Trump they make stuff up and pretend that Trump was plopped down as President when unemployment was increasing every month, there had been no recovery.....etc.

It's ridiculous.

As for the trade issues. Trump has signed deals to make deals...but not one deal has been passed.

Trump keeps claiming that the Dems are not doing anything about the new NAFTA. That's not true. Dems have been working on key issues they want to make sure are protected --- drug pricing and labor standards for example. These are key issues that we were told would be covered and now the Dems working to make sure the policies on those issues do what they are suppose to and Trump is complaining they aren't doing anything.

He doesn't care about the nitty gritty. He just wants to get the deal passed to say he passed a deal. If it then does not have the desired improvements to the USA economy he will blame Congress for not ensuring those issues were properly addressed.

It's like the wall --- doesn't matter if the wall doesn't address most of the problems -- it's a wall...it's something he can say he built and fixed...and if it doesn't fix things...it will be the fault of Congress - not his wall.

Old 11-22-2019, 03:14 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,352,541 times
Quote:
Ok fair enough...…...but Democratic elected officials are portraying him as such and have been since the election.

So forgive me if I don't expect the people who have been portraying him that way to be fair in any kind of hearing.

And, frankly regardless of what you yourself believe, why would you expect a Congressman who has portrayed Trump as a Russian colluder/double agent to be fair?
No, not really. Neither is Nunes. This then could be repeated ad infinitum.

Me, I'm just curious as heck. And find the story of how a Ukrainian power play delivered courtesy of Rudy Giuliani (who you have to admit is a bit much) came to bite the President of the United States in the ass profoundly interesting.

Ukraine: the mouse that roared (albeit delivering its own corruption onto the United States). That a President of the United States calls to congratulate a Ukrainian President who ran on an anti-corruption platform and promptly uses the call to shake him down is beyond ironic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies