Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2019, 09:09 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Obama's Military Coup Purges 197 Officers In Five Years"

"Defense: What the president calls "my military" is being cleansed of any officer suspected of disloyalty to or disagreement with the administration on matters of policy or force structure, leaving the compliant and fearful."

"Yet what has happened to our officer corps since President Obama took office is viewed in many quarters as unprecedented, baffling and even harmful to our national security posture."

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...rged-by-obama/

And never a word of complaint from the left. Trump fires 1 and the "world is coming to an end"!

The left/dems/libs don't care about that....they agreed with it then, since most are anti-military anyway....

Old 11-28-2019, 09:11 AM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
The left/dems/libs don't care about that....they agreed with it then, since most are anti-military anyway....
Except for all the left military that serve , are maimed and die -

Old 11-28-2019, 09:23 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Except for all the left military that serve , are maimed and die -

Look up the word "some"...then get back with us...

And BTW, I lost many friends in one swoop.....when a CH47 went down, so be mad all you want...I know about death of friends far more than many...and that's not a badge of honor....

Look up "Extortion 17"

Old 11-28-2019, 09:31 AM

3,606 posts, read 1,659,254 times
War crimes now okay?! Wonder if our commander in chief that was never in the military is now going to meddle and pardon all other rogue war criminals?

Old 11-28-2019, 09:50 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
War crimes now okay?! Wonder if our commander in chief that was never in the military is now going to meddle and pardon all other rogue war criminals?
Using the phrase "war crime" to describe a selfie is.... special.

Also, were you this upset when Obama "meddled" by commuting the sentence of Private Bradley Manning, a literal traitor, seeing him free?

Old 11-28-2019, 09:54 AM

989 posts, read 456,318 times
I read Spencer's op-ed this morning. He seems to take responsibility for not bring Esper in on his responses to Trump's desires on the Trident pin.

I admit I haven't really followed this story much but I do find it intriging that Trump did not want to allow due process of Gallaher's SEAL peers to decide the fate of the Trident pin. Honestly, I think this is a situation where that should have happened, as it is set up to do, and allowed a body of his peers to determine if he was fit to continue holding the Trident pin.

Old 11-28-2019, 10:00 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
No, the military isn’t, although I’m sure some are upset that are in leadership. It was the Secretary of Defense that insisted on Spencer’s ouster. Spencer jumped the chain-of-command, a huge no-no.
I agree with Spencer's firing because he did violate the chain of command and he contradicted his public opinion on the intervention. The same could be said of Gallagher criticizing his superiors and going on public media claiming the military justice systems was unfair all while he was still on the scrolls.

The other 3 Navy seals involved will face the review board of their peers to have their Tridents removed while Gallagher gets off with no punishment whatsoever. Trump should have let this take its course relative to Gallagher. He is undermining the discipline of the military with his actions.

Old 11-28-2019, 10:07 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Obama's Military Coup Purges 197 Officers In Five Years"

"Defense: What the president calls "my military" is being cleansed of any officer suspected of disloyalty to or disagreement with the administration on matters of policy or force structure, leaving the compliant and fearful."

"Yet what has happened to our officer corps since President Obama took office is viewed in many quarters as unprecedented, baffling and even harmful to our national security posture."

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...rged-by-obama/

And never a word of complaint from the left. Trump fires 1 and the "world is coming to an end"!
Sure Obama fired all 197 in a purge, it couldn't have been the secretary of defense Robert Gates. There is nothing baffling when a general is fired for mishandling nuclear material.A retirement isn't a purge by the way.

Maybe you can come up with a pardon Obama issued for a violent war crime.

Old 11-28-2019, 10:16 AM

10,561 posts, read 7,763,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I agree with his decision to let the SEAL keep his trident..
That's what it's all about, right? Gallagher served his time already and is retiring.

So, POTUS disrupts military chain of command so the man can have his pin. I don't see this as a good decision. Gallagher will always understand that the pin is tainted.

Old 11-28-2019, 10:24 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
That's what it's all about, right? Gallagher served his time already and is retiring.

So, POTUS disrupts military chain of command so the man can have his pin. I don't see this as a good decision. Gallagher will always understand that the pin is tainted.
The commander in chief is the head of the military chain of command.... so him stepping in doesn't disrupt it. If anything, there's almost no higher honor than having the top military authority declare that you are deserving to keep your trident.... so unless he's a Democrat with TDS, I don't see how he'd think it was tainted.

I think he was wrong for taking the selfie, and I agree with his military career being over as a result, but stripping him of his trident would be overkill and completely unnecessary....I don't care how many blue falcon types support it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies