Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2019, 06:48 AM

89,194 posts, read 44,965,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So true. Most of them don’t even know any black people, and it shows.
We know Black people. They're our family (yes, the races do intermarry, believe it or not), friends, neighbors, co-workers, our kids' sports teammates, etc. It's just that most of them don't racially identify themselves out of society and into isolation, and don't incessantly have a giant chip on their shoulder. /shrug

Old 11-29-2019, 06:52 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,230,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Not true.

Are you saying that blacks should have any diverse opinions? Ummmmmmmm I’m pretty sure that I made it clear that the intent of this thread was to have a dialogue with black people of varying opinions.We should all be of the same mind? Where are you getting this from, How is it that this is what you are getting from these statements?If black folk are to be relevant, we all should point in one direction only - am I getting that right?Not quite.
As stated there are black conservatives, liberals, moderates, etc. There is a difference between a black conservative and those who pander to white racists (again not all white people).

Last edited by Oldhag1; 12-25-2019 at 03:37 AM.. Reason: Please do not respond within quotes! Others will not be able to quote you. That both stifles conversation and isn’t fair to o

Old 11-29-2019, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"and wanted to start a space for blacks", that is RACIST!
I don’t think so. What’s racist is everybody wanting to talk about black people, yet they think that we’re too stupid to speak for ourselves.

I KNOW who would chime in and whine like little babies if I started a WHITE ONLY forum.
Yet you’re here and no one has reported you. Obviously in a public forum anyone is allowed to speak. That said, I have no qualms about the original intent. Maybe you could learn something like......ummmm I don’t know, that blacks people are not monolithic? To

Last edited by pandorafan5687; 11-29-2019 at 07:31 AM..

Old 11-29-2019, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why are you coming around here so hurt?

I love how you guys love to invoke the words and memory of Dr King now that he’s safely in his grave. Lol
And let’s not forget that Dr. King did say he felt that he had integrated his people into a burning house (in other words, advising us to proceed with caution), towards the end of his life. Of course, he came up dead shortly afterwards.

“I’ve come upon something that disturbs me deeply. We have fought hard and long for integration, as I believe we should have, and I know we will win, but I have come to believe that we are integrating into a burning house. I’m afraid that America has lost the moral vision she may have had, and I’m afraid that even as we integrate, we are walking into a place that does not understand that this nation needs to be deeply concerned with the plight of the poor and disenfranchised. Until we commit ourselves to ensuring that the underclass is given justice and opportunity, we will continue to perpetuate the anger and violence that tears the soul of this nation. I fear I am integrating my people into a burning house.”

Old 11-29-2019, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Is the word "diaspora" commonly used to describe all black people living outside Africa, much like Jews living outside Israel are said to be living in the diaspora? (No snark please. Simple, honest question.)
Primarily those outside of Africa (mainly North America, Central America, South America and the West Indies). That said, there are black people scattered literally all over the world.

Old 11-29-2019, 07:10 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,522,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
Primarily those outside of Africa (mainly North America, Central America, South America and the West Indies). That said, there are black people scattered literally all over the world.
Thank you.

Old 11-29-2019, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Thank you.
No problem ma’am.

Old 11-29-2019, 07:18 AM

Question NEW TOPIC-Climate Change

Introducing the first new topic.

What is your take on climate change? What about current environmental regulations? Do you think that the Trump administration could do better with being environmentally friendly? Was the Obama administration too strict?

Old 11-29-2019, 07:20 AM

45,650 posts, read 27,275,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
As stated there are black conservatives, liberals, moderates, etc. There is a difference between a black conservative and those who pander to white racists (again not all white people).
Please don't comment inside the quote - it makes it difficult to refer to what you said in my response.

As far as what you commented about inside the quote - I was responding to someone else's post in that he made it seem bad if an equal amount of black conservatives and liberals voted oppositely.

There is virtually no pandering to white racists. That's YOUR opinion. It's not true.

Are you going to tell me black liberals that appear on CNN and MSNBC are pandering to white liberals?

Last edited by DRob4JC; 11-29-2019 at 07:29 AM..

Old 11-29-2019, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
While you are correct, I think in order to have the most beneficial conversation, it’s best to ignore those who cannot truly contribute to this thread. Generally, I think this is something “black” peoples in the US must be better at doing - blocking out outsiders when necessary. Being as insular as possible when circumstances dictate that to be the most beneficial approach.
Ignoring those who cannot or choose not to is no problem. It’s nice to concentrate on those who can contribute and will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.