Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2020, 01:20 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,387,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
We the Electoral College have spoken
Remember "we the people" voted Democratic in 2016, just as we have in every single presidential election since 1988 except 2004.
And, yes, I understand that the Electoral College is a constitutional process and that Trump was legitimately elected.
Just not by "we the people".
He was elected by “you the people.” I sure didn’t vote for him and never will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2020, 01:25 PM

2,691 posts, read 1,390,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
The world economy is in the toilet because America is not handing out free rides or pallets of cash to dictators. I couldn't care less what they think about it. Our prosperity is not derived from the global toilet. They need us far more then we need them.
You really think American handouts were sustaining the global economy?

Old 04-05-2020, 01:25 PM

8,391 posts, read 4,385,023 times
Yeah, and as conservatives like to point out, over and over, Hillary was predicted to win. So good luck at the polls.

Old 04-05-2020, 01:28 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,113,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Yeah, and as conservatives like to point out, over and over, Hillary was predicted to win. So good luck at the polls.
True. Good thing we won’t be complacent. I mean that is why Ttump is getting record turn out in the primaries even though he is already the expected none e

Old 04-05-2020, 01:31 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,145,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
We the Electoral College have spoken
Remember "we the people" voted Democratic in 2016, just as we have in every single presidential election since 1988 except 2004.
And, yes, I understand that the Electoral College is a constitutional process and that Trump was legitimately elected.
Just not by "we the people".
Y'all still just don't get it.

The popular vote doesn't matter. It never has. Our president has ALWAYS been elected through the electoral college system.

I'll say it again - the popular vote doesn't matter.

One more time, because I want to make sure it's absolutely clear: THE POPULAR VOTE DOESN'T MATTER, AND NEVER, EVER HAS.

The electoral college was devised specifically to address the problems with pure majority/mob rule. You didn't like the outcome, so you complain about the process. Fair enough, but either you don't have a good understanding of our Constitution, or you're deliberately making something out of literally nothing.

And I GUARANTEE you that if the parties were reversed, you'd be singing the praises of our electoral system.

Old 04-05-2020, 01:34 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,742,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

The popular vote doesn't matter. It never has. Our president has ALWAYS been elected through the electoral college system.

One more time, because I want to make sure it's absolutely clear: THE POPULAR VOTE DOESN'T MATTER, AND NEVER, EVER HAS.

The electoral college was devised specifically to address the problems with pure majority/mob rule. You didn't like the outcome, so you complain about the process. Fair enough, but either you don't have a good understanding of our Constitution, or you're deliberately making something out of literally nothing.

And I GUARANTEE you that if the parties were reversed, you'd be singing the praises of our electoral system.
And I guarantee you if Texas ever becomes a blue state, Trumplicans will turn against the electoral system. They love it now because it allows the minority to control the majority. If enough states turn blue that they have no chance of winning, they will hate it.

Time will tell if Trump wins 2020, as we've seen, the economy can change on a dime. I find it amusing but unsurprising that the OP complains that Democrats hate their fellow Americans, then proceeds to insult Democrats and delight in the thought of their tears. Comments like that will be useful in the future.

Old 04-05-2020, 01:41 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,310,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

The popular vote has mirrored the electoral college vote 90% of the time in American Electoral History.

If Donald Trump wins re-election in 2020 while losing the national popular vote he will be the first President elected and re-elected while never carrying the popular vote.

Old 04-05-2020, 01:43 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,310,025 times
A heck of a lot has hit the fan since the start of this thread.

Old 04-05-2020, 01:45 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,113,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Agree. China needs to be held accountable and

Old 04-05-2020, 01:47 PM

4,479 posts, read 3,834,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Yep. I think Trump's chances have gotten even better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies