Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 07:41 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,910,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Wow, so much anti Nunes commenting, it's almost like people are being paid to do it.
Wow, so many pro-Trump threads, it's almost like people are being paid to do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2019, 07:54 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,594,293 times
Quote:
Wow, so much anti Nunes commenting, it's almost like people are being paid to do it.
I'm not being paid to comment on Nunes. I just think he is an intellectually dishonest jerkoff who overtly abuses the legal system and does his constituents an extreme disservice by engaging in naked partisanship to their detriment and to the detriment of our country a whole. So, in that regard, I'm happy to do so for free.

Old 12-06-2019, 08:15 AM

23,582 posts, read 17,258,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I'm not being paid to comment on Nunes. I just think he is an intellectually dishonest jerkoff who overtly abuses the legal system and does his constituents an extreme disservice by engaging in naked partisanship to their detriment and to the detriment of our country a whole. So, in that regard, I'm happy to do so for free.
Vision is diminished in your left eye and blind in your right eye, resulting in distorted conclusion.

If you substitute Schiff for nunes , you might have a chance.

Projection is a tactic used by the left, requires mirrors and smoke.

Old 12-06-2019, 08:45 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,594,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Vision is diminished in your left eye and blind in your right eye, resulting in distorted conclusion.

If you substitute Schiff for nunes , you might have a chance.

Projection is a tactic used by the left, requires mirrors and smoke.
I'm not on "the left" nor does my disdain for Nunes mean I embrace Schiff. Try again.

Old 12-06-2019, 09:09 AM

46,986 posts, read 26,041,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
If the headline read "Giuliani associate willing to tell Congress Nunes met with martians to get dirt on Biden." .... it's still 100% factual if that is the accusation being made.
And protected by the First. That is what we're discussing, yes?

Old 12-06-2019, 09:10 AM

46,986 posts, read 26,041,916 times
Quote:
Nah, I despise people who try to abuse the legal system to muzzle the press on my own dime. Nunes can go stand in the corner with squirrel-fancying furry Bob Murray. (Wouldn't mind learning who's paying Nunes' lawyers, though...)

Of course, changing the libel laws to make it harder to say bad things about those with deep pockets was a Trump campaign promise. As it stands now, journalists can say anything that's even remotely true, no matter how embarrassing for those with money and power. Can't have that.

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 12-06-2019 at 09:19 AM..

Old 12-06-2019, 06:08 PM

2,486 posts, read 826,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

That's the first thing that caught my attention.

I love that there's a new sub for media, however, it isn't here to dupe on everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
What's that smell?

Don't blame the cows!

OldGringo, is that you?

Old 12-07-2019, 04:06 PM

57,364 posts, read 26,276,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Ehm - they're reporting what a named third party has said. Parnas made the accusation in public, CNN reported the fact that he did.

Here's the headline: "Giuliani associate willing to tell Congress Nunes met with ex-Ukrainian official to get dirt on Biden."

That's 100% factual, completely protected by the First, and Nunes knows that. Which is why he files in a state with no anti-SLAPP statute.
Exactly, maybe he is suing the wrong person maybe he should sue Parnas or his attorney. Listening to him be interviewed regarding the 4 phone calls with Parnas he couldn't recall but he didn't flatly indicate he didn't speak with him. Parnas will be testifying shortly.

Still waiting for the details on his trip to Europe with his staff last December.

Old 12-07-2019, 04:50 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,546,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
maybe start a gofund page?
CNN might need it for the settlement.

Old 12-07-2019, 06:56 PM

57,364 posts, read 26,276,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Nunes will regret bringing a lawsuit, because it will only reveal more of his wrongdoing. If he was smart, he'd be showing as low a profile as possible right now.
This will work against him he is in a singular minority bringing this lawsuit and it makes him look petty, same as his problem with his cows and mothers twitter accounts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies