Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2019, 08:21 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,489,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Zimmerman declined hospital care the night of the shooting. The next day he went to a general practice doc to get clearance to return to work. He had a "closed fracture" of his nose and two lacerations on the back of his head.

How close he was to getting his "brains bashed in" is one of the things that is not very clear in this scenario.
How would YOU feel if it was happening to you in the moment? Would you consider whether Martin was creating closed or open fracture as he's slamming your head into the ground? Would you count the lacerations to make sure there were a proper number of them before you shot your assailant?

No. You wouldn't. Neither would I. Neither would any sane person on this planet.

Old 12-06-2019, 08:26 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,440,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
And I'd be taking your last dollar in that case because you couldn't be more wrong. I've never called Martin a "child", I don't believe. But the fact is he wasn't an adult, either.
So Zimmerman was supposed to check Martin's I.D. before he could defend himself?

Old 12-06-2019, 08:28 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,265,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
How would YOU feel if it was happening to you in the moment? Would you consider whether Martin was creating closed or open fracture as he's slamming your head into the ground? Would you count the lacerations to make sure there were a proper number of them before you shot your assailant?

No. You wouldn't. Neither would I. Neither would any sane person on this planet.
Then pick a weaker target. Actually, Zimmerman thought that’s what he did. Unfortunately, Martin was a lot more than what he could handle, and he pulled the blicky out and used it.

I know he wishes that he could take it all back at this point. He wouldn’t have pulled that trigger if he could rewind the events of that night.

Old 12-06-2019, 08:31 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,418,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
So Zimmerman was supposed to check Martin's I.D. before he could defend himself?
Straw man.

Old 12-06-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Whether you call him a child, teen, adult, young man, man, etc. doesn't matter now, does it. Zimmerman is not guilty and there's no do-over of the trial. It mattered back then when Team Trayvon tried to mislead the public and potential jury pool into perceiving Trayvon as a cherubic 12 year-old black child and Zimmerman as a mug shot white man. Many of the myths they created live on.

The accusations in the lawsuit should stand or fall on their own merits.
Funny. I remember people saying the same things after the OJ Trial...not guilty!

But folks wouldn’t accept that argument back then. I’m sure that you were one of those people who found it unacceptable too. Lol

Old 12-06-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Nope. Zimmerman should’ve picked a person who he could whip in a fair fight so that he wouldn’t have to shoot the person and ruin his own life.

Old 12-06-2019, 08:34 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,418,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post

I don't know how I'd feel - I've never placed myself in a position to need to use lethal force as self defense.

I'm simply saying that the physical evidence doesn't necessarily support the claims that Zimmerman was getting his "brains bashed in" and we only get one side of the story beyond the physical evidence, since the other person involved is dead.

Why is every attempt to stick to facts and shy away from assumptions and hyperbole seen as an attack on Zimmerman or defense of Martin?

Old 12-06-2019, 09:34 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,521,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Funny. I remember people saying the same things after the OJ Trial...not guilty!

But folks wouldn’t accept that argument back then. I’m sure that you were one of those people who found it unacceptable too. Lol
Sure, I thought OJ was guilty, but I accepted [whatever that means] and expected the verdict. The n word, the Dream Team vs. Dumb and Dumber, and payback.

What does that have to do with whether Trayvon was a child, teen, adult, young man, etc.when Zimmerman killed him or the Zimmerman lawsuit.

Old 12-06-2019, 09:55 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,663,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Then pick a weaker target. Actually, Zimmerman thought that’s what he did. Unfortunately, Martin was a lot more than what he could handle, and he pulled the blicky out and used it.

I know he wishes that he could take it all back at this point. He wouldn’t have pulled that trigger if he could rewind the events of that night.
WRONG, as usual.

Zimmerman was keeping an eye on a person he felt was suspicious while waiting for police to arrive.

Old 12-06-2019, 10:01 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,194,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You said police.

The dispatcher is not an officer.

Additionally, the dispatcher said they didn't NEED Zimmerman to follow him.
Yes, police dispatchers.

The dispatchers are part of the police department and a number of them are in fact sworn officers. He was instructed not to follow Martin. He did so anyway because he was looking for trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies