Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2019, 11:26 AM

13,310 posts, read 7,892,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I disagree. He certainly doesn't appear to be a good guy even though there is no evidence he broke the law that night.

Sure, he was trying to reduce crime by keeping an eye out and calling the police, but even the crappiest people do good things from time to time.
He was a killer going for a merit.

His father is a merit man.

He beat his father!

He's famous!

Old 12-06-2019, 11:28 AM

13,310 posts, read 7,892,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
He was a killer going for a merit.

His father is a merit man.

He beat his father!

He's famous!
He made his own opportunity!

It didn't take him much to provoke himself an opportunity.

Old 12-06-2019, 11:51 AM

18,565 posts, read 7,410,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Then pick a weaker target. Actually, Zimmerman thought that’s what he did. Unfortunately, Martin was a lot more than what he could handle . . . .
Zimmerman didn't pick a target. Your own point that Zimmerman "didn't pick a weak enough target" shows how stupid your assertion is.

Pudgy little punk Zimmerman would never in a million years have attacked Trayvon, and it's even more unlikely he would do it when he had a gun that (a) would allow him to protect himself without engaging in hand-to-hand combat and (b) Trayvon could take and use against him.

Old 12-06-2019, 11:54 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,759,861 times
TM did the right thing , beating up some creep that was following him.

Old 12-06-2019, 12:06 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,683,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
TM did the right thing , beating up some creep that was following him.
Yeah, it worked out real well for him. Lol

BTW, I hope you don't let anyone get away with cutting you off on the road or spill a drink on you at a bar. Please tell me you'd beat the **** out of them if they did.

"I don't play that; I keep it real."

Old 12-06-2019, 12:09 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,759,861 times
Quote:
Yeah, it worked out real well for him. Lol

BTW, I hope you don't let anyone get away with cutting you off on the road or spill a drink on you at a bar. Please tell me you'd beat the **** out of them if they did.

"I don't play that; I keep it real."
So? - life isn't like the movies, where good guys always win.

I let carelessness or accidents go, but being tailed by someone in a car - that's different, and does justify violence.

GZ acted like a cop, TM acted like a soldier.

Old 12-06-2019, 12:36 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,333,092 times
first of all 17 years old is still a child. If a grown man sleeps with a 17 year old, society does not look at that 17 year old as grown or making adult decisions, it's a child.

2nd, it doesn't even matter trayvon's age in the grand scheme. If you follow somebody of any age around in the dark with a loaded gun and they fight back, they are within reason because somebody was stalking them.

This man went out and killed a child and people are defending it. One person compared Trayvon martin to a mass shooter. People are literally justifying killing a child based on some silly idea of like "criminal potential" because the kid is black.

Old 12-06-2019, 12:50 PM

28,343 posts, read 16,433,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
"Necessarily"? Funny how you threw that word in there. Why did you fee l the need to interject that word?
Because it's an intelligent response given the uncertainty around the events, maybe?

Quote:
Zimmerman ended that attack before his brains got bashed in. You wouldn't have done the same?
There needs to be evidence that he was getting/about to have "his brains bashed in". There is not strong evidence of such.

Quote:
You're another who avoids the question I posed. Would would you have done if the same thing were happening to you?
I'm not afraid to say I would have used a gun too. Why are you? You're a fool if you wouldn't have, and you're a liar if you say you wouldn't have.
I don't know what I would have done, neither do you, unless you've been in that situation.

Further, I own handguns, but I don't CCW. So, what I might theoretically do is beside the point. *I* wouldn't have been following Martin around in the first place.

Old 12-06-2019, 12:50 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,683,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
first of all 17 years old is still a child. If a grown man sleeps with a 17 year old, society does not look at that 17 year old as grown or making adult decisions, it's a child.

2nd, it doesn't even matter trayvon's age in the grand scheme. If you follow somebody of any age around in the dark with a loaded gun and they fight back, they are within reason because somebody was stalking them.

This man went out and killed a child and people are defending it. One person compared Trayvon martin to a mass shooter. People are literally justifying killing a child based on some silly idea of like "criminal potential" because the kid is black.
I'm betting if you would have called Trayvon a child to his face, he would have beaten the snot out of you.

BTW, it's illegal for a 17-year-old to attack someone following him.

If he merely thinks someone is following him, attacks and causes enough damage, he could be charged as an adult.

Trayvon may have felt Zimmerman was a threat, and if so, he should have gone home or called 911.

Zimmerman was not breaking any laws watching Martin as he waited for police to arrive.

Old 12-06-2019, 12:53 PM

28,343 posts, read 16,433,861 times
Quote:
I'm betting if you would have called Trayvon a child to his face, he would have beaten the snot out of you.

BTW, it's illegal for a 17-year-old to attack someone following him.

If he merely thinks someone is following him, attacks and causes enough damage, he could be charged as an adult.

Trayvon may have felt Zimmerman was a threat, and if so, he should have gone home or called 911.

Zimmerman was not breaking any laws watching Martin as he waited for police to arrive.
With stand your ground, you sure about that? All he would needed to have established was that he had a reasonable fear of "great bodily harm" or worse.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies