Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 07:28 AM

21,937 posts, read 9,508,101 times

Advertisements

Wow. Just when you think Democrats can't go any lower.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/devin-...hment-subpoena

Nunes rips Schiff over subpoena of phone records: 'I actually have some civil rights here, too'

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., was hit on Wednesday by Rep. Devin Nunes, who called a subpoena for his phone records an infraction of his "civil rights."

On Tuesday, the committee released a report on the impeachment inquiry which included records of calls from Nunes, presidential lawyers Rudy Giuliani and Jay Sekulow, journalist John Solomon, Fox News host Sean Hannity, a Giuliani connection Lev Parnas, and other White House associates.

Schiff subpoenaed both AT&T and Verizon for the information. The act has sent a chill among Republicans concerned about the chairman's reach....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2019, 07:34 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post

Nunes rips Schiff over subpoena of phone records: 'I actually have some civil rights here, too'

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., was hit on Wednesday by Rep. Devin Nunes, who called a subpoena for his phone records an infraction of his "civil rights."

On Tuesday, the committee released a report on the impeachment inquiry which included records of calls from Nunes, presidential lawyers Rudy Giuliani and Jay Sekulow, journalist John Solomon, Fox News host Sean Hannity, a Giuliani connection Lev Parnas, and other White House associates.

Schiff subpoenaed both AT&T and Verizon for the information. The act has sent a chill among Republicans concerned about the chairman's reach....
Did Schiff subpoena (i) Devin Nunes' phone records; or (ii) the phone records of alleged conspirator who outwardly admits he was involved in a scheme to gin up a baseless investigation into Joe Biden and oust an anti-corruption diplomat for personal gain and, lo and behold, find undisclosed communications with Devin Nunes in them?

The distinction is important for obvious reasons.

Last edited by TEPLimey; 12-06-2019 at 07:51 AM..

Old 12-06-2019, 07:37 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times
I am confused, there is an open investigation into the president and ukrainian affairs, the presidents personal lawyer has known associates that were indicted for illegally contributing to GOP members, these people who are proven to be corrupt now show ties to Nunes. You dont think we should follow up on that? Why?

Old 12-06-2019, 07:39 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Lol...Nunes getting kinda snowflakey, eh??

Old 12-06-2019, 07:42 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post

Oh, we can get even lower than this. Trust and believe me. There’s no limit to how low we can go. After all, we’re doing what you guys would be doing if Obama were in the White House under similar circumstances. Actually, the Republicans would be acting far worse than Schiff is right now.

So calm down. Hell, if i had my way, Ocasio-Cortez would be running this inquiry.

Old 12-06-2019, 07:55 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Did Schiff subpoena (i) Devin Nunes' phone records; or (ii) the phone records of alleged conspirator who outwardly admits he was involved in a scheme to gin up a baseless investigation into Joe Biden and oust an anti-corruption diplomat for personal gain and, lo and behold, find undisclosed communications with Devin Nunes in them?

The distinction is important for obvious reasons.
Exactly right.

The best reporting I've seen so far is that the committee subpoenaed "5 phone numbers" records. I've haven't seen any details of who those numbers belonged to.

Seems like all the calls being referenced thus far are calls to Nunes, not from Nunes, but I might be missing something.

So, I fail to see how this relates to Nunes' "civil rights".

Old 12-06-2019, 07:59 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Was there a subpoena ? Or was it just a request ?

Who authorizes and signs off on a subpoena when a member of one party wants to spy on members of the opposing party and a journalist ?

Old 12-06-2019, 08:01 AM

996 posts, read 379,337 times
About those phone calls, from the Wall Street Journal

WASHINGTON—House Democrats earlier this week released records asserting that Rudy Giuliani was in contact with a phone number associated with the White House budget office, where $400 million in aid to Ukraine was temporarily put on hold this summer.

That assertion, however, is now in doubt.

Adam, are you lying again ?

Old 12-06-2019, 08:04 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuele View Post

WASHINGTON—House Democrats earlier this week released records asserting that Rudy Giuliani was in contact with a phone number associated with the White House budget office, where $400 million in aid to Ukraine was temporarily put on hold this summer.

I believe the current WH claim is that there are several numbers that show up as "OMB", some of which don't actually belong to the Office of Management and Budget. Hence the doubt. No proof either way, as what phone numbers actually belong to OMB and what phone numbers were actually called have yet to be disclosed, to the best of my knowledge.

When the phone records show "OMB" as the destination of the call - it's a reasonable assumption to make, no?

Old 12-06-2019, 08:08 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuele View Post

Yea, and earlier this week Nunes and Co. were suggesting that maybe someone else secretly stole Nunes's cell phone, made the calls, and returned it without him ever the being the wiser. Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

The calls will either be proved to belong to OMD or not. The calls are what they are - the numbers don't lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies