Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 04:01 PM

17,687 posts, read 17,907,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
So Trump is always belligerent and bellicose towards Muslim countries, yet when the country responsible for 9/11 commits another act of terrorism on our soil, he bends over and says "It's okay, I have business interests in your country".

Sickening.
And did Obama issue a travel ban against Saudi’s while he was in office? No he did not. BOTH political parties are guilty of favoring Saudi money
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2019, 04:03 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,596,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
That's nonsense. While the 9/11 terrorists were from Saudi Arabia (and we've had home grown terrorists ourselves, including those who have traveled to join ISIS and inflict untold death on innocent civilians in that territory), Saudi Arabia isn't sponsoring or otherwise supporting Jihadis.
Have you ever heard of Wahhabism? I suggest you research this, where its roots are and in which country it is cultivated, and expand your research into the heart of terrorism and its ideological foundations. This government not only supports it, it finances it.

Old 12-06-2019, 04:09 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,624,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Really? If you look back at previous replies you’ll see President Obama LITERLLY bowing to the Saudi’s.
And you'll see Trump LITERALLY curtsying to the Saudi's.

Old 12-06-2019, 04:11 PM

41,001 posts, read 49,435,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
How Republicans continue to cover for these terrorists is downright repulsive.
I'm curious, what did Obama or any other Dem Pres ever do to stand up to the Saudi's ?

Seems like both parties have been selling out to them for the last 60 years.

Big money brings big favors from every party in DC.

Old 12-06-2019, 04:22 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,329,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
And you'll see Trump LITERALLY curtsying to the Saudi's.
It's total BS. Trump loves the Saudis like nobody before him. He visited them first. He just glowed around them he was so happy. Jared and MBS are big buddies. They talk on WhatsApp. No other president or president's family were that tight with the Saudis. Any other president would not have turned a blind eye to the murder of Khashoggi, and then turned around and hand them billions in weapons. This is a Trump thing. The rest is simply an attempt at rationalization because Trump loves these guys and there is no Whatabout.

When we see his tax returns, we may find out why.

Old 12-06-2019, 06:22 PM

32,862 posts, read 19,577,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Nobody bows to the Saudis like Trump. The Bush family was tight, but nothing like Trump and his kids, who absolutely adore MBS, the Saudis and their repressive regime.

But since it is not fair, could you be more specific regarding the Dems and the Saudis? Specifically?

"...The U.S. relationship with Saudi Arabia is set to take a sharp turn if a Democrat wins the White House in 2020.

Such a break with a U.S. partner would come after President Trump has resisted congressional pressure to punish Riyadh over issues that have angered lawmakers, choosing instead to cozy up to Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman...

...In response, Congress has passed resolutions to end U.S. support for the Saudi campaign in Yemen and block a package of emergency arms sales the Trump administration approved for Saudi Arabia...."

https://thehill.com/policy/internati...h-saudi-arabia
the Saudi's paid for the Clinton presidential library

liberals love Saudi

Old 12-06-2019, 06:33 PM

45,675 posts, read 24,142,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
We all know progressives and their mainstream media already have their narratives in place for these things. Often the jump the gun and then slither away when it isn't the ubiquitous "white guy."

All this hand-wringing over Saudis is just deflection.
I have yet to see the progressive media response and you might be right.

But I stand by my criticism.

I understand when we sell the Saudis our equipment we then have them here to train them as part of the deal.

What birght eyed ass hole thought it would be good to give Saudis access to military bases in the USA after 9/11.

Bush, Obama and Trump ---- seriously -- Americans need to wake up.

And don't ANY OF YOU EVER TALK TO ME ABOUT DEFENDING BORDERS.......you aren't about defending borders you are about supporting Trump's monument to himself and the wall.

Old 12-06-2019, 06:37 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,323,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
blacks commit more mass shootings than whites. blacks committed three mass shootings in the last two weeks. did you see them reported in the national press, desertdetroiter? I doubt you would because they were not.
Just hope that they don’t get you one day.

Old 12-06-2019, 06:39 PM

45,675 posts, read 24,142,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
blacks commit more mass shootings than whites. blacks committed three mass shootings in the last two weeks. did you see them reported in the national press, desertdetroiter? I doubt you would because they were not.
oh okay -- so let's just let the Saudis come in and kill us....because there are crime ridden areas in the USA where they are killing each other.

So -- lots of Americans raping too -- so why do we fight so hard to keep out Mexicans who might rape.?

Do any of you think through your arguments before you post.

Old 12-06-2019, 06:54 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,646,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post

But, but, but, Trump played nice with the Saudis.... Never did I see a US president cower to so many lesser nations before, and the lefties ate it up and loved it.
Remember when trump saluted the north korean general? Never before have I seen a president disgrace our military like that . But to trumplings it was awesome because orange man good.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies