Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 01:42 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,769,559 times

Advertisements

It's a long time yet til November... hard to say what I'll want then. But Vermin Supreme is a strong contender for my vote right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2019, 04:49 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
ER visits went up under Obamacare. They will go up again with expansion of healthcare. How will illegals be taxed? They cannot even legally work.

Y’all are so nuts ya gonna lose twice to a nut.
So what's your solution? Repeal EMTALA? And allow ER's to patient dump and refuse treatment to those without insurance again, which is what caused EMTALA to become law to begin with?

Old 12-10-2019, 07:57 PM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Pssssstt........

Wanna know a secret?

Democrats could have swayed more voters and maybe actually gotten some of their goals passed into legislation if they had swallowed their pride and worked with Trump, using his own ego to get him to compromise on issues.

But instead, they've opted to throw a three year, stompy footed temper tantrum.

You want someone to blame when Trump gets reelected?

Try looking in the mirror.
They already busted that mirror back in 2016... 8 years of bad luck...

Old 12-10-2019, 09:21 PM

260 posts, read 324,283 times
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Political correctness gone amok, and shamelessly pandering to "certain" minority groups, is partially to blame for the resurgence of the modern far-right movement. Read Angela Nagle's "Kill All Normies". Look up the Horseshoe Theory, shows there is more overlap between militant leftists and militant RW'ers than either care to admit.

But, angry armchair SJW's will never "get it". They will just accuse you of being Devil's incarnate, for pointing out their flaws. Social media has a lot to do with it. I don't see or hear this crap being spewed at neighborhood bars or restaurants or workplace chatter.

Old 12-10-2019, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
What would Democrats have to do short of compromising with the Christian Right and embracing social conservatism to not be as “repulsive” to average Americans?

Republicans are winning the propaganda war, I’ll say that. They’ve combined much of the country that Democrats are baby-killing, sexual deviant God-haters who are out for Middle America’s guns and Bibles and while Trump may not be perfect, he’s at least a better choice than that. The fact is though, none of it’s true.
Evangelicals are probably THE most disgusting, repulsive, hypocritical voting bloc in this country. Not all of them are hypocrites, but those who DO preach fiery hatred of CERTAIN "sinners" like homosexuals -- are generally the biggest hypocrites.

With all of that said, we don't need to play this "tug o war" game. We do not have to swing the pendulum in the opposite direction.

Sensibility and critical thought, are what's lacking in the current conversation.

I keep saying that my ideal candidate would be a cross between Pete Buttigieg and Andrew Yang, but neither one is "ideal".

Old 12-10-2019, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I actually believe this about Beto. Possibly Buttigeig as well but am not as certain.
Not Buttigieg. Buttigieg does not play into Trump's hands, as he does not shamelessly pander to the same extent as Biden or O'Rourke.

And I thought you MAY have been right about O'Rourke, but he is a goner now. He showed himself out, and that was a surprisingly smart move.

Old 12-10-2019, 09:32 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Watch View Post
Not Buttigieg. Buttigieg does not play into Trump's hands, as he does not shamelessly pander to the same extent as Biden or O'Rourke.

And I thought you MAY have been right about O'Rourke, but he is a goner now. He showed himself out, and that was a surprisingly smart move.
Buttigieg didn't pander? Are we in the same universe? Next thing you are going to tell me is that he is a moderate.... I get it, you work for his election campaign, disseminating BS is part of your job....

Old 12-10-2019, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
OP, the only thing I got from your comments is Democrats need to appeal to white people more, because obviously, white people make up the most important demographic. I mean they decide elections, duh. You're right. The electoral college has ensured the diminishing white majority will be in charge for generations to come. But perhaps everyone else not white along with their white elite allies are voting for future they want to see, where whites don't automatically dominate because they happen to be white. A future where people get ahead based on merit. But I know, that's way too hopeful for Republicans. The glory days are in the past so let's hurry up and turn back the clock, am I right?
Better yet, try not appealing to just one specific group. Build a broad coalition. Speak to the country at large. This is why you cannot veer too far to the Left. Most voters don't use Tumblr, nor do they engage in heated debates with total strangers on Twitter over a mere difference in opinion. (I'm looking at you, McResistance).

Old 12-10-2019, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Buttigieg didn't pander? Are we in the same universe? Next thing you are going to tell me is that he is a moderate.... I get it, you work for his election campaign, disseminating BS is part of your job....
May I ask, who are you planning to vote for?

Old 12-10-2019, 09:39 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Watch View Post
May I ask, who are you planning to vote for?
The one that is making America great again....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies