Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 07:56 PM

8,964 posts, read 2,571,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
We have laws and procedures. So are you saying Trump is above the law? No, the president is not above the law. Trump is not a king. He can't do what he wants no matter how many times he says it.
The president in the 90's was declared above the law by Democrats, the current president has yet to be proven to have broken the law in any way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2019, 07:56 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,440,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...and yet they lied....and got away with it

so they were right about the swamp too
Trump lies every day. He accused them of treason while he was welcoming foreign interference. That's why he refuses to allow his defenders to testify. They will tell the truth. He will continue to lie. He is a national disgrace.

Old 12-09-2019, 07:59 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,440,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
The president in the 90's was declared above the law by Democrats, the current president has yet to be proven to have broken the law in any way.
We are talking about the current president. It was proven in the Mueller report that Trump obstructed the investigation numerous times as he continues to obstruct here. Obstruction of justice is breaking the law. He is a sitting president. He can't be indicted but I hope he has a few indictments when he leaves office.

Old 12-09-2019, 08:00 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,155,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I just don't understand why Democrat politicians are so stupid... they could have won in a landslide against Trump, but their decision to focus on impeachment and their handling of impeachment is making them look so guilty and making me think Biden is just as corrupt if not more corrupt than Trump. The process of the impeachment also seems manipulated and not seeking the truth by the constant prevention of allowing Republicans to ask questions. If Democrats make me decide between Biden or Trump, I'll choose Trump or to just sit out the election. Democrats should be saying, yes Biden is corrupt just like Trump, instead of blocking any mention of it.
I'm glad if after careful thought, you've been able to change your mind about Trump.

But I fail to see how you think impeachment makes Democrats look guilty. By that standard, anyone who reports a crime to the police, or who prosecutes a crime would look "guilty."

I think if you look carefully, you'll find that Republicans aren't prevented from asking questions. Republicans have been speaking up on two main fronts, it seems: ranting about things rather than asking questions, and making absurd objections just to be obstructive. Very few Republicans are actually asking legitimate questions, especially not the congressmen - the lawyers did a slightly better job.

And, no, Biden is not corrupt just like Trump. If you did a little more investigation (I think I posted one or two pieces in the forum), you'll see that there is no comparison. Biden did not unilaterally try to get the Ukrainian prosecutor removed, and when the prosecutor was removed, it did not help his son.

Old 12-09-2019, 08:03 PM

8,964 posts, read 2,571,219 times
Quote:
We are talking about the current president. It was proven in the Mueller report that Trump obstructed the investigation numerous times as he continues to obstruct here. Obstruction of justice is breaking the law. He is a sitting president. He can't be indicted but I hope he has a few indictments when he leaves office.
I was talking about the current president too killer, perhaps you should have kept reading.

It was not "proven" in the Mueller report, if it was, impeachment would have started back then and that would have been the basis for it. Obstruction of justice, unlike when Bill Clinton was president, has not been proven with Trump. Many people have alleged it, but they always get quiet when it comes to actually proving it.

Old 12-09-2019, 08:06 PM

50,484 posts, read 47,254,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I'm glad if after careful thought, you've been able to change your mind about Trump.

But I fail to see how you think impeachment makes Democrats look guilty. By that standard, anyone who reports a crime to the police, or who prosecutes a crime would look "guilty."

I think if you look carefully, you'll find that Republicans aren't prevented from asking questions. Republicans have been speaking up on two main fronts, it seems: ranting about things rather than asking questions, and making absurd objections just to be obstructive. Very few Republicans are actually asking legitimate questions, especially not the congressmen - the lawyers did a slightly better job.

And, no, Biden is not corrupt just like Trump. If you did a little more investigation (I think I posted one or two pieces in the forum), you'll see that there is no comparison. Biden did not unilaterally try to get the Ukrainian prosecutor removed, and when the prosecutor was removed, it did not help his son.
The equivalent is someone calling the cops on someone for something they can't prove. As in a busybody that makes crap up.

Old 12-09-2019, 08:07 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,667,763 times
Trump is more with all of these conspiracy theories...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cate...y_Donald_Trump

Old 12-09-2019, 08:33 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,772,743 times
Quote:
We have laws and procedures. So are you saying Trump is above the law? No, the president is not above the law. Trump is not a king. He can't do what he wants no matter how many times he says it.
Yea, laws that have been investigated by Deep state agents that have been proven to hostile to President Trump.

Old 12-09-2019, 08:43 PM

31,341 posts, read 14,338,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Democrats are always going to let you down. They care only about power and nothing more. Plus, they don't have a case against President Trump in impeaching him other than their own bitterness in a 2016 election result that did not go their way.

And why in the hot fudge do you not like Trump anymore, anyway? He's not a politician, and he was elected by the American people to drain the swamp. He's doing that.

President Trump has refused his salary. When he ran for office, he was tired of weak Republicans not fighting back. It was also his way of giving back to the country which he truly loves. Many people are still not understanding why he ran, but here was that explanation, plain as daylight.

And do you really expect today's Democrats to fight fairly? They're not going to anymore.
Great post.

Old 12-09-2019, 09:24 PM

32,147 posts, read 15,140,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Democrats are always going to let you down. They care only about power and nothing more. Plus, they don't have a case against President Trump in impeaching him other than their own bitterness in a 2016 election result that did not go their way.

And why in the hot fudge do you not like Trump anymore, anyway? He's not a politician, and he was elected by the American people to drain the swamp. He's doing that.

President Trump has refused his salary. When he ran for office, he was tired of weak Republicans not fighting back. It was also his way of giving back to the country which he truly loves. Many people are still not understanding why he ran, but here was that explanation, plain as daylight.

And do you really expect today's Democrats to fight fairly? They're not going to anymore.
Why should he take a salary since he's so rich. It's a drop in the bucket to him. And he's been contemplating running for office since the 80's and had a failed attempt in 2000. If he truly loved our country, he would not pit us against each other. He would not constantly insult good people in our country who disagree with him, including our intelligence and diplomats. This is not what a president does. He seems to love the division though and revels the lavish attention he gets from his base. He brought his own swamp with him. Just look at the indictments and prison sentences. Of course many don't believe democrats have a case because they haven't proven it. That's because Trump wouldn't allow anyone to testify. Why do you think that is if you have nothing to hide?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies