Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2019, 03:38 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
That's not really relevant to the current situation though. They brought impeachment against Clinton because he actually broke the law on several occasions, the impeachment against Trump is merely a political stunt.

Either way, all of Trump's numbers have improved due to the process especially in battleground states, so bury your head in the sand if you like, but it's obvious what is about to happen.
If the public believed that, the nation would not be split in half. Trumps disapproval rating wouldn't be over 50% if that were true. Clintons popularity was due to the perception that he was being attacked by the republicans, I don't see that reflected in any poll on Trump.

Old 12-18-2019, 03:50 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If the public believed that, the nation would not be split in half. Trumps disapproval rating wouldn't be over 50% if that were true. Clintons popularity was due to the perception that he was being attacked by the republicans, I don't see that reflected in any poll on Trump.
Well, it is true, check out the poll averages. Trump went from losing all of the battleground states to winning all of them due to the foolish impeachment nonsense. This time last year Trump's approval was at 37%, today it's at 44.5%.....disapproval has fallen from 57% to just under 52%. That's a 12 point swing overall that can almost entirely be attributed to foolish actions by the House majority. His approval on the economy is nearly 54%.....and this is a guy who was elected with a 37% final favorability number.

Again, how could it not be clear to you what is about to happen?

Old 12-18-2019, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Well, it is true, check out the poll averages. Trump went from losing all of the battleground states to winning all of them due to the foolish impeachment nonsense. This time last year Trump's approval was at 37%, today it's at 44.5%.....disapproval has fallen from 57% to just under 52%. That's a 12 point swing overall that can almost entirely be attributed to foolish actions by the House majority. His approval on the economy is nearly 54%.....and this is a guy who was elected with a 37% final favorability number.

Again, how could it not be clear to you what is about to happen?
There has been some slight movement depending on which poll you select but I don't see any president winning anything with an approval under 50 and a disapproval over 50.

Old 12-18-2019, 04:03 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Last night during rush hour traffic, I'm sitting about three or four cars back from the intersection waiting for the light to turn green. The intersection was jam-packed with loads of cars in all directions, three lanes heading north, three lanes heading south, two lanes heading west and two lanes heading east. Typical rush-hour traffic. So I'm sitting there and some numb nuts waayyy in the back is honking their horn. I'm thinking it's just one of those typical wackjobs that think honking their horn will some how make the light turn green faster, or convince someone that it's ok to run someone over who's in the crosswalk while they are waiting to make a right turn on a red. I then happen to look across the street to my left and notice an anti-Trump rally happening on the sidewalk with paid protesters holding up signage telling people to honk if they want President Trump impeached/removed from office.

Too funny, only one sorry arse out of the several dozen drivers in and around the intersection at this specific time was honking in support of the anti-Trump demonstrators. And I'm in demolib utopia land (SF Bay Area). Wow, you would expect more then just one person to be honking. Goes to show what people in the real world think about this impeachment scam, unlike what we find in the virtual/alternate reality world - on social media, etc.
Your little anecdotal story goes to show nothing.

Old 12-18-2019, 04:03 PM

10,072 posts, read 14,449,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
Trump takes the shampeachment on the chin like a champ! Get impeached at 630, throw a rally for the people at 7. They’ve tried everything to get Trump, now even impeachment, and it has no effect on him. Teflon Don will wear the impeachment badge with honor. It will show he is still the DC outsider fighting for the people come November.

What an epic fail by Democrats. I almost can’t believe they were dumb enough to go through with it. They know they have no chance at beating him in a fair election with their laughable candidates. This attempted coup has only made Trump stronger.
Haha! Well said, I agree.

This impeachment is an epic fail--Democrats are the party of bad decisions and poor judgement.

This has never been a search for the truth--it has been a search for whatever sticks and sounds good to prop it up and try to force impeachment to pass.

Trump will come out stronger and re-energized.

Old 12-18-2019, 04:04 PM

Quote:
There has been some slight movement depending on which poll you select but I don't see any president winning anything with an approval under 50 and a disapproval over 50.
Trump had an approval of 37 and a disapproval over 54 when he was elected.....

Also, his approval on the Economy is currently 54% and well, "It's the Economy, Stupid"

A lot of people don't like a lot of things about the president, myself absolutely included, but overall he's been a good president thus far as much as I didn't think that would be the case. You can dislike him personally, but it's hard to make a case against him given how well things have gone during his first term....especially when you look at the D list jokers running against him.

Old 12-18-2019, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Trump had an approval of 37 and a disapproval over 54 when he was elected.....

Also, his approval on the Economy is currently 54% and well, "It's the Economy, Stupid"

A lot of people don't like a lot of things about the president, myself absolutely included, but overall he's been a good president thus far as much as I didn't think that would be the case. You can dislike him personally, but it's hard to make a case against him given how well things have gone during his first term....especially when you look at the D list jokers running against him.
If it was based on the economy then why are his numbers so low.

Old 12-18-2019, 04:22 PM

Quote:
If it was based on the economy then why are his numbers so low.
54% is low? I think that's pretty solid in one of the most partisan periods of time in this nation's history.

Old 12-18-2019, 04:36 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times
Seems a little misguided for the GOP member's of congress to keep stating that impeachment is ignoring the will of 63 million voters when the vote count was 62.9M - Trump vs. 65.8M - Clinton. ???

Old 12-18-2019, 04:41 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Oh, a popular vote remark. Seems lefties/dems/libs would understand that popular votes do not elect a president......well, here we are still talking about the "popular" vote...

Seems lefties/dems/libs need to take a Civics class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies