Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 07:43 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,636,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, all b.s. aside, this survey is about maybe less than 2000 people's opinion, what does it really mean? Nothing.
Keep telling yourself that.

Do it often enough and you might even convince yourself.
Quote:
at the end of the day, I can say ALL military people I know of love Trump, (maybe love is a strong word, but they definitely think he did an okay job) and you can find another person online says exactly the opposite. It is not like anybody will change their opinions about Trump. A poster even said it once that all REAL vets hate Trump and he knows the truth. lol I really don't know what is the purpose to argue with such a stubborn person.

Bottom line: everybody has his or her priority. Just accept this and move the hell on already.
The real bottom line: Military people aren't big fans of cowardly chickenhawks.

Especailly the ones who snuggle up to our enemies and slag on our allies.

No doubt this stings tRump were it hurts.

The following keep close tabs on the polls that Trumplings keep claiming are meaningless:

Senators
Congressmen
Political contributors
Foreign heads of state
Political strategists
Voters

And more than any of the above, tRump himself. His malignant narcissism demands it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2019, 07:46 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,537,957 times
Military will always overwhelmingly support the Right. That is not necessarily the same as approving of Trump. I know plenty of military (both active duty and retired) Rs who disapprove of Trump but will hold their nose and vote for him if the Dems don't put forth a moderate candidate. A moderate Dem candidate is Trump's nightmare.

Old 12-19-2019, 07:47 AM

8,973 posts, read 2,582,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
. A moderate Dem candidate is Trump's nightmare.
I completely agree with this, but there's not one really.

Old 12-19-2019, 07:51 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,763,197 times
Quote:
Military will always overwhelmingly support the Right. That is not necessarily the same as approving of Trump. I know plenty of military (both active duty and retired) Rs who disapprove of Trump but will hold their nose and vote for him if the Dems don't put forth a moderate candidate. A moderate Dem candidate is Trump's nightmare.

In this same survey, only 34% approved of Obama.

It also said, enlisted men, the largest portion of the military, have overwhelming support for Trump. The OP left both of these out.

Old 12-19-2019, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
In this same survey, only 34% approved of Obama.

It also said, enlisted men, the largest portion of the military, have overwhelming support for Trump. The OP left both of these out.
So?

Obama wasn't running against Trump and his name-calling, tantrum throwing, thin- skinned childish behavior. Most Rs are moderate and dislike Trump's behavior and are tired of the constant upheaval and drama. A moderate candidate from either side would win in a landslide if Trump. Most Rs I know wish Republicans would run a different candidate. They dislike Trump. They will still vote R absent a moderate candidate but that doesn't mean they approve of him.

Last edited by maciesmom; 12-19-2019 at 08:25 AM..

Old 12-19-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:
So?.
I would think that would be obvious.

Our military men & women support Trump for President overwhelmingly compared to past Presidents. Even this very limited, 1300 people called by a NY university, indicate.

Exactly the opposite of what the OP tried to crow about. But then again almost every one of his anti-Trump topics fail.

Old 12-19-2019, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I would think that would be obvious.

Our military men & women support Trump for President overwhelmingly compared to past Presidents. Even this very limited, 1300 people called by a NY university, indicate.

Exactly the opposite of what the OP tried to crow about. But then again almost every one of his anti-Trump topics fail.

No.

They support Republicans over Democrats.

Some undoubtedly approve of Trump. I'd guess it's a very low number compared to previous Republicans.

Old 12-19-2019, 09:09 AM

39,414 posts, read 27,790,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Keep telling yourself that.

Do it often enough and you might even convince yourself.
The real bottom line: Military people aren't big fans of cowardly chickenhawks.

Especailly the ones who snuggle up to our enemies and slag on our allies.

No doubt this stings tRump were it hurts.

The following keep close tabs on the polls that Trumplings keep claiming are meaningless:

Senators
Congressmen
Political contributors
Foreign heads of state
Political strategists
Voters

And more than any of the above, tRump himself. His malignant narcissism demands it.

You might have to read my entire post.

I am only saying this survey (or any survey) is not painting an entire picture of the military because different people have different priorities That's all.

officers, enlisted, service members in the combat zones, etc, etc, etc all have different priorities and opinions.

No need to be angry about what I've posted.

Old 12-19-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
No.

They support Republicans over Democrats.

Some undoubtedly approve of Trump. I'd guess it's a very low number compared to previous Republicans.

The survey said nothing about Republicans. So big fail on that.

Old 12-19-2019, 09:13 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,814,580 times
Quote:
Military Times Survey: 42% of active duty personnel favor Trump
Not surprises it is low, and its low in LE as well, since he can't stop disrespecting them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies