Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2019, 10:00 PM

31,083 posts, read 22,113,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
You guys know it is possible to be unhappy with Trump but also not want to elect a Democrat...right?
Absolutely, but the further left the Democrat party goes the easier it is to tolerate Trump. Why would we want any Leftist in the White House? That would be like placing someone who voted Communist to run one of our Intelligence agencies. What kind of person would do that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2019, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The OP fails to mention that Trump's rating, in this very small sample taken by a NY University, shows that Trump's approval is far far higher than Obamas.
Obama's popularity in the Miltary Times poll in 2014 was 15%, the lowest of any poll for any President. Guess that's what happens when you free Terrorists that return to the battlefield to kill you and our Allies. The Military Times writer then proceeds to guess why, and makes up excuses as what could be contributing to those low numbers. Like Politifacts many of their employees favor Democrats.

Old 12-21-2019, 10:18 PM

32,083 posts, read 15,085,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Interesting but meaningless... I don't know anyone in the military that doesn't like Trump... Other than those on camera for the Democrats....
I know many including my brother who was a merchant marine. Our vets aren't treated that well when they come home. Many can't work because of what they went through....injuries and trauma. Many have become homeless. What has Trump done for them.

Old 12-21-2019, 11:01 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,801,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I know many including my brother who was a merchant marine. Our vets aren't treated that well when they come home. Many can't work because of what they went through....injuries and trauma. Many have become homeless. What has Trump done for them.
Sadly though much of that lies in the hands of congress. Just like the NDAA that Trump signed into law last night did help with some of those issues that was passed by the house and Senate. It's pretty alarming how the current and past presidential candidates who are Presidential hopefuls voted or just voted present.
Just like the DIC, SBP difference (aka "widow tax"). Our military members are told their families will be taken care of in the event of their death...so not the case AT ALL! With the NDAA by the year 2023 it gets rid of the widow tax.
I know in the NDAA they are also doing studies on the link between poor sleep and combat...which should have been done a long time ago and is a problem. Saw my husband struggle through it.

Old 12-22-2019, 04:26 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,337,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
I guess Military Times and Christianity Today are leftist rags now.
I read that George Soros is a backer of Christianity Today. Didn't take long to find evidence to support that.

Old 12-22-2019, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
I read that George Soros is a backer of Christianity Today. Didn't take long to find evidence to support that.
He probably owns it

Old 12-23-2019, 02:37 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,801,445 times
Well...lookie there. A different poll that is NOT Military Times (and for the record, Military Times does not push these polls on their page)
https://popularmilitary.com/military...urce=5%20Bravo

Quote:
“So, a ‘Military’ Magazine (owned by a liberal media group) has come out with Poll of 1600 of THEIR subscribers,” Gruntworks wrote.

Gruntworks then conducted a poll of their own, which got over 9,200 responses in under three hours- and were skewed in overwhelming favor of President Trump.

Old 12-23-2019, 03:08 AM

6,913 posts, read 3,383,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
That sounds like personal opinion - not data. Trump has tried reforming the VA and other veteran services that were lacking.

I spent 30 years in the military and then worked on base with active military daily for another 10 years - Obama was not well liked but Trump is for most - including among officers - I would be surprised if it was under 60% support for Trump.

Old 12-24-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
That sounds like personal opinion - not data. Trump has tried reforming the VA and other veteran services that were lacking.

I spent 30 years in the military and then worked on base with active military daily for another 10 years - Obama was not well liked but Trump is for most - including among officers - I would be surprised if it was under 60% support for Trump.
Having worked in Defense on military programs for the last 19 years I would agree 100% with your assessment. I work with Officers and Enlisted personal, and if there are any Trump Haters they stay well hidden. It's like the opposite of Leftist Universities.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 12-24-2019 at 01:03 PM..

Old 12-24-2019, 03:18 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,402,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
That doesn't speak very highly for your circle of veterans. The fact that military officers are more opposed to Trump than enlisted people, could easily be explained by the great difference in educational levels.

Slow down Skippy!

There could be dozen of reasons why officers are less inclined to support Trump that enlisted personnel.

One big reason might be the effect of Trump's jammin' ass job market on enlisted retention rates.

https://www.stripes.com/military-rec...s-say-1.581364
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies