Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2020, 09:27 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Trump’s support in the 2016 campaign was clearly driven by racism, sexism, and xenophobia. It continues to divide this country and if re-elected more division will occur. Trump’s racist rhetoric has encouraged violence in America.
He will be reelected. Proof of the true agenda of the majority. I never doubted it. The country will return to it's beginnings but this time it will retain only the total white/Christian/straight population as citizens. The rest of us will have to leave, and I will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2020, 09:27 AM

3,852 posts, read 2,228,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
If you think it’s okay to separate parents and children and let sick kids die without medical treatment because they are brown then your moral compass is broken.
If you think people have the right to scam their way into the United States and demand the rights of citizens, and believe that their "cause" is somehow equivalent the experience of Jews in Nazi Germany or blacks in the Jim Crow south, YOUR moral compass is broken.

Old 01-01-2020, 09:32 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Many of these people are legitimately seeking asylum and in the past they would have been allowed in. Now we are turning our back. If you think it’s okay to separate parents and children and let sick kids die without medical treatment because they are brown then your moral compass is broken. People like trump never had one.
Wrong! Trump is just following our policies on seeking asylum. Claiming you're going to be raped or murdered if sent back to your own country is not a lawful reason to seek asylum here nor is the claim of poverty. Only persecution for one's political or religeous beliefs or one's sexual orientation are lawful reasons to claim asylum. Don't like those policies then seek to change them. Don't blame Trump for merely following our own laws in place at this time. He's obligated to do so. He's not like Obama who made his own laws on illegal immigration by bypassing congress and instituting DACA and DAPA by EO.

Old 01-01-2020, 09:36 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Let’s face the fact that the only people spreading her statements are those on the right

Old 01-01-2020, 09:36 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
No they are not. 90% don't even qualify. They are seeking economic opportunities in the United States, and they invent stories about fleeing gangs. If they were really fleeing for their lives, they wouldn't have a problem seeking refuge in another Latin American country. They get offered this and turn it down.

People are trying their hardest to make illegal migrants in the United States out to be victims of some kind of injustice. It's phony.

Illegals immigrants are NOT victims. They are people who arrogantly think they can disregard American laws, and have the nerve to march around demanding the rights of citizens. That is CRAZY. Nobody in their right mind should have sympathy for them.

Being separated from children is a normal process that happens to all people who are booked for crimes. If you get arrested for a traffic violation, you will be separated from your children. They don't book the kids with the parents.
Exactly and thank you. Why didn't most of these asylum seekers accept Mexico's offer of refuge and a job? If they were in such danger of rape and murder they would ask for refuge in the first country that offered it. We have rapists, murderers and criminals in this country also.

Old 01-01-2020, 09:43 AM

8,489 posts, read 6,894,642 times
Trump cultists are triggered when anyone criticizes the Dear Leader chosen from above to lead the nation. When he is voted out all hell will break out I suppose.

Old 01-01-2020, 09:45 AM

11,346 posts, read 16,708,690 times
While I think she's a POS, she is dying from a very rare disease and unfort the same that my mother had. She should worry about getting her affairs in order before it's to late.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/28/enter...ntv/index.html

Old 01-01-2020, 09:49 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Oh no! A celebrity said something mean about my idol!
I hope they keep it up. It worked so well for the Democrats last time.

This woman knows better.

https://twitter.com/Tombx7M/status/1209060921269784577

Old 01-01-2020, 09:49 AM

638 posts, read 240,813 times
Quote:
Many of these people are legitimately seeking asylum and in the past they would have been allowed in. Now we are turning our back. If you think it’s okay to separate parents and children and let sick kids die without medical treatment because they are brown then your moral compass is broken. People like trump never had one.
Their parents made that choice for them when they tried to illegally enter another country, and then took them into that country with them... people as dumb as you frighten me, and to think they allow you to teach kids completely scares me..

Old 01-01-2020, 09:56 AM

1,016 posts, read 787,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Trump cultists are triggered when anyone criticizes the Dear Leader chosen from above to lead the nation. When he is voted out all hell will break out I suppose.

It scares me that no liberal sees any issue with a party turning its back on Americans to help out illegal immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies