Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 02:25 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,103,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
On Monday’s broadcast of CNN’s “The Lead,” singer Linda Ronstadt compared President Donald Trump to Adolf Hitler during her interview with CNN’s Anderson Cooper.

Ronstadt said, “Great parallels. I mean the intelligentsia of Berlin and literati and all artists were just doing their thing, and as Hitler rose to power, there were a lot of chances to stop him, and they didn’t speak out. The industrial complex thought they could control him once they got him in office, and of course, he was not controllable. By the time he got established, he put his own people in place and stacked the courts and did what he had to do to consolidate his power, and we got Hitler. He destroyed Germany, destroyed centuries of intellectual history, forward and backward. People like Beethoven, Goethe, and Thomas Mann became jokes. They became Nazi laughing stocks.”

Cooper pushed, “I think a lot of people would be surprised to hear comparisons between what happened then and now.”

Ronstadt said, “If you read the history, you won’t be surprised. It is exactly the same. You find a common enemy for everybody to hate. I was sure that Trump was going to get elected the day he announced. I said he’s going to—it is going to be like Hitler and the Mexicans are the new Jews. And sure enough, that is what he delivered.”
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019...-the-new-jews/

don't remember the Jews fleeing voluntarily to Hitler's Germany, expecting economic benefits, but instead being captured, shipped to extermination camps, starved and murdered.

How do the victims of the Holocaust (Jews and non-Jews) compare to people who voluntarily enter our country illegally, know that if they are caught they will be retained, and possibly expelled from the country. Those who evade capture have a very low expectation of capture and deportation - unlike the Jews who were hunted down by the government and anyone who harbored them was subject to execution.

I don't like to call people stupid, but her position ranks as stupid.

Also, doesn't making false comparisons coarsen our politics?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2019, 02:31 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,167,958 times
She's always been a wack-a-doodle nut case, and a hater. I remember her making the public comment that she hates fundamentalist Christians so much, that she prefers not to know if any of them are in her the audience for one of her concerts, because it would ruin it for her.

She's such a bigot. As if there is any short supply of those types of haters in the world.

"This is an election year, and I think we're in desperate trouble and it's time for people to speak up and not pipe down. It's a real conflict for me when I go to a concert and find out somebody in the audience is a Republican or fundamental Christian. It can cloud my enjoyment. I'd rather not know."

Old 12-31-2019, 02:32 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Oh no! A celebrity said something mean about my idol!

Old 12-31-2019, 02:33 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,629,813 times
She is right.

9,963 posts, read 18,504,903 times
Well that is what he ran on...

Trump verbatim:

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re sending people that have lots of problems… They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
She is right.
Lol.

Old 12-31-2019, 02:34 PM

7,938 posts, read 9,160,764 times
Too bad she can't talk as well as not be able to sing anymore. Then she wouldn't have shown her bigotry.

Always sucks when geezer entertainers talk when they really shouldnt.

Old 12-31-2019, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Well that is what he ran on...

Trump verbatim:

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re sending people that have lots of problems… They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”
So Trump didn’t call all Mexicans murderers and rapists like liberals kept claiming. It didn’t work by lying about it in 2016 so I don’t think it will work now

Old 12-31-2019, 02:35 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
1. There are similarities.
2. Quoting a BB news story shows that you are likely quite coarse already.

The Jews were trying to leave Germany due to fear of murder and other things. So are many Central Americans. Whether Hitlers gangs or cartel gangs they are going to kill you or take all your stuff.

The USA would not let the Jews in. Therefore many stayed or went back and died.

You are conveniently pointing to "illegal" immigrants instead of the 10's of thousand of valid asylum seekers - FULLY LEGAL - that Trump has turned away. Those people are going back to be raped, kidnapped, killed, extorted.

I just listened to some personal stories and interviews today - this is exactly what is happening. Perhaps you need to inform yourself at other places than Breitbart.

In case you want to hear just some of the fact, listen to this podcast - all with real human beings on the ground there. Not a right wing financed web site.....

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/688/the-out-crowd

Listen to the father - who was a business person in Honduras but was then extorted and then threatened with the rape of his 18 year old daughter by the cartel. They took everything and he left. He would normally get asylum or be able to apply for it in the USA - but Trump said they have to apply from Mexico in a camp by the border. And so he and his son were kidnapped there because the Mexican cartels see that as easy prey. Then they extorted his family in the USA by phone to wire money.

Listen to it. Then return and tell us that Linda is wrong. I'll listen then.

FACT: Even immigration officers interviewed in the piece say they are sending people back to certain death and rape and violence.

In fact, many of these US Immigration officers are starting to question their positions because they also see themselves as being on the wrong side.

Old 12-31-2019, 02:37 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,504,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
So Trump didn’t call all Mexicans murderers and rapists like liberals kept claiming. It didn’t work by lying about it in 2016 so I don’t think it will work now
Trump’s support in the 2016 campaign was clearly driven by racism, sexism, and xenophobia. It continues to divide this country and if re-elected more division will occur. Trump’s racist rhetoric has encouraged violence in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies