Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2020, 11:27 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Our country is not great right now. In fact it's pretty dismal. We have a president who insults anyone who's not his supporter. He constantly lies to make himself feel great. I may be against policies of a republican president but I always respected them because they have always respected everyone in our country. Trump shows no respect to anyone
So measuring success for our country isnt by economic data, personal incomes, housing market, stock market, wars, etc... it’s a popularity contest to you? All a president needs to do is say screw it, allocating 50% of our gdp to give to other countries, people will love him or her! And bu your standards popularity contest of international leaders is the best way to measure. Sheesh what is this country coming to!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2020, 11:59 PM

30,375 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Do you invite someone to your house and not be there when they come? Is this the right approach to opposing President Trump?
Yes, the silly TDS displays rather than doing their jobs is helping Trump and Republicans, I think the Dims should boycott everything.

Old 01-02-2020, 12:12 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I would love it if they eliminated the State of the Union altogether.

Completely useless propaganda speech.
Pretty much this. It's crap no matter who is President.

Old 01-02-2020, 03:07 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,525,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Why would we? It's an opportunity to stand up in the middle of his speech and say "You are a liar!" just like that Republican senator did to Obama.
Another example was when Bush made his speech in Iraq. Nobody wanted to miss that either so they could take their shoes off and throw them at him. The gravest insult you can hurl at another in the ME.

That's why Smart Nancy decided to invite him formally after holding up impeachment from the senate. The Impeachment in the Senate will be in full swing when he gives his speech and we can all watch him go into a serious Trumpian meltdown in front of both houses and the rest of the free world.

It'll be a real hoot because by now, everybody realizes that the worst enemy Trump has is himself when he's under attack.

We wouldn't miss this opportunity for all the tea in China.

I do recommend that Republican senators stay away to avoid being smeared by association with Trump in the middle of his mindless vituperative diatribe.
It turns out obama did lie, when he said Obamacare/ health inswould never be offered to illegal aliens. Just look at the current dem platform, and wh as t California is doing.

Old 01-02-2020, 03:13 AM

11,794 posts, read 5,801,446 times
So many intelligent people here who don't use that intelligence to make their own decisions but rely on party lines. I personally think each and every State of the Union is boring - I don't watch them as you then have 2 hours of the media going over each and every thing said. I'll read about it later in the day.

No matter who is the President - both parties should be respectful and go to it - that's what we pay them for. For those who think Trump acts like a child - and I don't necessarily disagree with you sometimes - in it's current state - I don't think Democrats can afford to act the same way.

Old 01-02-2020, 03:38 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Why not? Trump has completely destroyed the entire Republican party and alienated all our allies plus fatally corrupted the entire republican voting base.
Can we conclude you have yet to accept the results of the 2016 election ?

If what you say was even partly true wouldn't a democrat be a shoe in, in 2020 ? Then the voters could decide the election and not the House democrat mob !!!

Old 01-02-2020, 04:15 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,122,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I would love it if they eliminated the State of the Union altogether.

Completely useless propaganda speech.
Kinda like the electoral college vote count, eh! If it doesn't serve your mission----abolish it!

Old 01-02-2020, 05:41 AM

20,110 posts, read 9,028,155 times
I suspect many Democrats will not go. The political exercise called impeachment may be over by then if McConnell dismisses it.

Old 01-02-2020, 05:44 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,732,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Our country is not great right now. In fact it's pretty dismal. We have a president who insults anyone who's not his supporter. He constantly lies to make himself feel great. I may be against policies of a republican president but I always respected them because they have always respected everyone in our country. Trump shows no respect to anyone
Sorry to hear you have it so rough, but really, most of the country is doing better than they have in a long while. Here's a number you may want to keep handy, especially around November 4th (1 800 223 8255/ suicide hotline)

A democrat has no business speaking of respect, when they don't respect the laws of the country they reside in. From willful disregard of legal precedent while conducting sham impeachments, to disregard of immigration laws, and everything in between, you're all a bunch of extremely sick, anti Americans.

CN

Old 01-02-2020, 05:58 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
It turns out obama did lie, when he said Obamacare/ health inswould never be offered to illegal aliens. Just look at the current dem platform, and wh as t California is doing.
He also lied when he said our premiums would go down, and that we could keep our health plan, and that we could keep our doctor. Unless you were in the lower-income range, your insurance immediately become more expensive (for a much worse plan), and you had to start hunting around for a new doctor.

As far as the current dem platform, the very fact that Bernie Sanders raised his hand in defiance - or enthusiasm, if you want to characterize it that way - and used his closing remarks to say "I WILL STAND WITH THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS!" tells me that any American who votes for him after that must be brain-dead, or, more likely, hates this country and would rather protect illegal aliens than honest, law-abiding citizens.

(Message to Trump's campaign team: Great sound-bite there. If Bernie becomes the nominee, make sure his ending remark about standing with illegal aliens gets played ad infinitum.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies