Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 01:43 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,682,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Yesterday: Trump is the greatest because he hasn't started any new wars and is continuing to pull troops out of the Middle East.

Today: Bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb Iran. Anyone who disagrees is a traitor to the United States and a terrorist sympathizer.

So which is it?
Wait.

Trump hasn't started any New Wars. Not Like Obama did in Yemen, Syria, Libya and the Afghan "Surge"

Is this like the fake Impeachment too?

(I think they are truly going crazy)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2020, 01:43 PM

853 posts, read 338,155 times
I am 50 years old which puts me in the early part of Gen X. Trump isn't as popular among my generation as he is among Boomers but he does have a decent amount of support from us. I went to school in a small town in upstate NY and am still in Facebook contact with most of the 100 people in my graduating class. I can tell from that who are Trump supporters and who aren't. The Trump supporters are almost all from the dumber half. They are the same people who spent their formative years partying instead of studying - it is basically the "no fat chicks T shirt" hair metal crowd from high school. They will follow him anywhere because they never developed critical thinking skills.

Old 01-03-2020, 01:44 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,286,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Everything is not treated across the board in the same manner. I'm not a Trumper and no Trumper would not agree with one on much of anything, but liberals don't seem to get it when it comes to applying force where force is necessary. Even then it must be done in the correct way, in a manner that makes sense and is not done just for show.

Oh yeah almost forgot. I don't agree with liberals on much of anything either.
Liberals do get it. It is ok for a Republican president to "apply force when necessary" and if you disagree you are being unpatriotic, but when Obama went after terrorists with precision strikes, he was OMG "killing innocent people."

For some reason the hundreds of thousands of deaths Cheney and Bush were responsible for didn't matter either. It was defended by Republicans as collateral damage. Trump supporters will not care how many Trump kills. The GOP used "force when necessary" and got us into never ending wars.

Old 01-03-2020, 01:44 PM

7,962 posts, read 9,178,221 times
People were happy when we got Bin Laden. Did not hear anyone second guessing it. Why the problem now? This guy was just as if not more dangerous.

Old 01-03-2020, 01:47 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,696,215 times
Basically the complete opposite of ANYTHING is what many Trump followers believe in.

That can change from minute to minute based on what they perceive that Trump says, does or wants.

Most everything Trump claimed to do is false...and when reality hits, his base just changes on a dime. After all, once you sell out a few times then there is no difference in continuing.

The biggest issues facing the USA.....money wise, happiness, general welfare, etc

1. Health Care - millions have been thrown off, prices are going up and Trump has no plan except "it's hard" so he won't do it.
2. Debt and Deficit - his base likes Corporations to have more money. AT&T is getting 42 BILLION in free money and they are, as we speak, using American employees by the thousands to train offshore firms that will replace the American employees.
3. Manufacturing is doing horribly.
4. He has absolutely no plan to take our troops out of harms way or to save us money we are spending occupying the known world. He lashes out.....instead. Gives NK some hugs then says he will talk to the Taliban, but cancels because they call him names....as if that is more important than saving a Mothers Son or Daughter. Tough man...don't call him a name or he will put more Americans in harms way for a longer time.

The die is largely cast now. Even if Trump loses re-election the world and country have been ruined for many years...perhaps many decades. Adding the Trump years to the GWB years is just too much for our system to handle.

But, hey, I got a tax break (I'm told...didn't notice, frankly).

Old 01-03-2020, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Liberals do get it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Basically the complete opposite of ANYTHING is what many Trump followers believe in.

But it's you refusing to acknowledge Obama/Biden's wars of choice against Yemen, Libya & Syria and the Afghan Surge. Why are you silent over these horrible wars that got 10s of 1000s killed?

Trump has not started ANY NEW WAR.

Everyone gets the Liberal hypocrisy.

Old 01-03-2020, 01:49 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,575,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
People were happy when we got Bin Laden. Did not hear anyone second guessing it. Why the problem now? This guy was just as if not more dangerous.
Hilarious! Cons to this day still doubt that Bin Laden was taken out. Please.

Old 01-03-2020, 01:50 PM

7,962 posts, read 9,178,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Never heard of that. Where did you get that info from?

Old 01-03-2020, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post

We've got a hand of a dead terrorist. All we got from Obama/Biden was a picture of him and Hillary sitting in a war room. (and even that was faked)

Where was your false outrage then?

Old 01-03-2020, 01:52 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,170,318 times
These are the times that his dishonesty matter. If he didn’t lie so much many would rally behind him but giben his dishonesty this looks like a stunt to change the media narrative
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies