Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2020, 08:51 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,446,763 times

Advertisements

https://mattstoller.substack.com/p/t...-of-industrial

His deficit spending and trade tariffs are dismantling neo-liberal financial policy.

He's pushing a disengagement with China which is used as a cheap labor supply to artifically increase capital gains and price out smaller businesses:

https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-e...e-after-donald

His foriegn policy has hurt US power in the middle east which is a great thing for people like me who want to end US imperialism.

Actually the criticism from democrats on Trump's Iran policy come from right-wing talking points that Trump is strategically damaging the United States (which is a good thing and hurts corporate power domestically).

https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/s...27523931435008

His trade policy has promoted democracy for the first time after Bush, Obama, Clinton, and Reagan worked over time to destroy it ^^^^^^^^^.

Yes, supporting global trade over domestic law disregards democratic effectiveness.

He has lowered the corporate tax rate which means the federal government is less reliant on corporate investment for funding, increasing the economic power of small scale consumers/producers. He has cut back ineffective welfare spending.

I'm not a supporter of Trump, I'm well to the left of anyone here, but if it is between Trump and Biden I'll vote Trump or stay at home (probably the latter).

PS. It's surprising that all attacks on Trump from the democrats here have been far right (more Russian aggression, more imperialism, more globalism, etc.)

Last edited by Winterfall8324; 01-05-2020 at 09:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2020, 12:47 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,248,466 times
No. Not too bad. Just an outright disaster.

Old 01-06-2020, 01:33 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,584,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You crack me up. What's the problem?

I stopped by a few Iraqi-owned businesses this weekend. My wife was concerned for my safety. She had her finger on my car's 911 emergency button.

The Iraqi's were all watching the NFL playoff games drinking Bud Light and telling Iranian jokes. How many Iranians does it take to screw in a light bulb? None. They don't have any power.

All is well in SoCal.

Old 01-06-2020, 01:56 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,602,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

And he isn't finished yet. What outrages does he still have in store for us?

Old 01-06-2020, 02:00 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,893,118 times
I didn't vote for him and never will, but I can't say that he has hurt me at all. My retirement portfolio has not quite doubled in 3 years. I won't complain about that, I also won't say that it was due to Trump.

I do like that he sent help to an embassy in trouble. Unlike his predecessor he didn't ignore the pleas for help, he responded.

Old 01-06-2020, 02:15 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,310,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Beating either "Establishment Joe" Biden, or whatever communist the democrats nominate for 2020.

Old 01-06-2020, 02:54 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,248,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I didn't vote for him and never will, but I can't say that he has hurt me at all. My retirement portfolio has not quite doubled in 3 years. I won't complain about that, I also won't say that it was due to Trump.

I do like that he sent help to an embassy in trouble. Unlike his predecessor he didn't ignore the pleas for help, he responded.
Things are a lot more complicated than that. No president has ever ignored an embassy in peril. Don’t even know where you get that from.

I don’t give brownie points to people for doing their jobs. He sent help? Okay. That’s what he was supposed to do. Next thing you know we’ll be praising him for signing bills into law.

Tell him to get off Twitter. If he does that, that would be his first positive accomplishment.

Old 01-06-2020, 03:07 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,596,109 times
Benghazi.

That is all.

Old 01-06-2020, 03:19 AM

1,487 posts, read 783,820 times
he hasn't been too bad, hes been really bad. Sorry for the grammatical errors; I'm on a laptop. It's easier to just type. I have to make changes in settings.

Old 01-06-2020, 03:30 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,682,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Palooka Pelosi should have sent those papers over to the senate and stopped Trump !!! What a lying idiot she is !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies