Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2020, 08:23 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,465,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
If it prevents the Iranians from further escalating things, what's wrong with it?
Iran is an ancient culture, much older than its arab neighbors.

It is in line with China for longevity and historical power.

Its not just a few middle eastern ruins, its the history of one of the most power empires in the history in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2020, 08:26 AM

8,972 posts, read 2,578,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Iran is an ancient culture, much older than its arab neighbors.

It is in line with China for longevity and historical power.

Its not just a few middle eastern ruins, its the history of one of the most power empires in the history in the world.
Right, and they are putting that at risk by poking the bear. Letting them know that is a good idea.

If they continue on their current path the US will destroy their military, economy, and their culture. Hopefully they care about that enough to back down.

Old 01-06-2020, 08:30 AM

27,703 posts, read 28,825,117 times
Quote:
I'm not a supporter of Trump, I'm well to the left of anyone here, but if it is between Trump and Biden I'll vote Trump or stay at home (probably the latter).
I agree with Trump on about 60% of his policies and actions as President. Although not perfect, America is mostly on the right track with Trump.

I don't connect with Biden at all. I don't think he is a bad person, but I don't feel that he has a message at all for Americans or is simply a has-been. Any of the other Democrat candidates are out of whack in my opinion - way to the left of mainstream America.

Old 01-06-2020, 08:53 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,606,008 times
Trump has been too ineffective to severely affect Americans through domestic policy. His international policies have been beyond disastrous (I thought Obama's were subpar, but Trump's are far worse). Frankly, America's standing as an international leader my never recover. The most lasting and material damage, however, is what Trump has done to sow distrust in domestic institutions in order to reap short-term benefit from low-information voters.

Old 01-06-2020, 08:58 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,465,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Trump has been too ineffective to severely affect Americans through domestic policy. His international policies have been beyond disastrous (I thought Obama's were subpar, but Trump's are far worse). Frankly, America's standing as an international leader my never recover. The most lasting and material damage, however, is what Trump has done to sow distrust in domestic institutions in order to reap short-term benefit from low-information voters.
This is all good, I don't like American imperialism or the financial institutions that keep private investors wealthy.

Anything to delegitimize these institutions is a good thing in my book. I hope they never recover.

Old 01-06-2020, 09:01 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,606,008 times
Quote:
This is all good, I don't like American imperialism or the financial institutions that keep private investors wealthy.

Anything to delegitimize these institutions is a good thing in my book. I hope they never recover.
The judiciary is one example of something that did not need to have its legitimacy undermined by the President. Fact-based reporting is another.

Old 01-06-2020, 09:02 AM

17,154 posts, read 13,013,964 times
Nohing like a war to take people's attention off the impeachment.

Old 01-06-2020, 09:02 AM

27,703 posts, read 28,825,117 times
No country in the world really gives a crap about any other country. It is all lip service and pretension. So, that argument doesn’t fly with me.

We should do what is generally for our own best interests.

Old 01-06-2020, 09:04 AM

8,972 posts, read 2,578,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Nohing like a war to take people's attention off the impeachment.
That would be a good thing for Democrats, after all, impeachment has done nothing but boost Trump's polling numbers. You guys better hope there is a war so that the focus never again becomes that laughable farce going on in the House.

Old 01-06-2020, 09:15 AM

11,242 posts, read 8,345,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post

I do like that he sent help to an embassy in trouble. Unlike his predecessor he didn't ignore the pleas for help, he responded.
Agree, but isn't it double-edged. Isn't the reason they need help because of his actions? He gets credit, but I'm not sure how much. The better thing to do would have been to not F-up in the first place, but I'll acknowledge that when he did (and we ALL do) F-up, that at least he sent help...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies