Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2020, 07:42 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC4K1jxPM2o

In this instance, David Worden, with News Media, is illegally detained and searched.
His rights were violated under the mandate of a badge and a gun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2020, 01:46 PM

If you are a reporter investigating police abuse under direction of very powerful oil & gas companies, watchout! Your rights to Freedom of the Press, & your right to privacy, will be violated, no doubt!

Huge lawsuit off this tyrannical action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thyoDoJCYkE

Old 01-09-2020, 02:25 PM

1,037 posts, read 435,522 times
BB, there are a ton of these on YT, and 95% of the fuzz make idiots of themselves and violate the law even while they are on camera!

Old 01-09-2020, 02:38 PM

24,500 posts, read 17,239,538 times
What I don't understand is why the guy with the rifle doesn't seem to understand that walking around with a rifle near a school in this day and age wouldn't trigger some people to think that he is up to no good so the Police are called and in this day and age they need to figure out exactly what is going on before they cut the guy with the rifle loose to roam around in a parking lot.

Of course we all have the Right but sometimes a bit of common sense goes a long way to avoiding run ins with the police like this. Now if the guy had just exited his truck and was heading into the woods for some hunting and the cops were hassling him that would be one thing but walking down a city street is another.

Use some common sense folks.

The guy must have thought he was going to be hassled because he was recording.

Old 01-09-2020, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTU2 View Post
BB, there are a ton of these on YT, and 95% of the fuzz make idiots of themselves and violate the law even while they are on camera!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGfAxOLDYkU

Hiding behind a badge and gun, to treat people as property.
This one is ugly!

Old 01-09-2020, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What I don't understand is why the guy with the rifle doesn't seem to understand that walking around with a rifle near a school in this day and age wouldn't trigger some people to think that he is up to no good so the Police are called and in this day and age they need to figure out exactly what is going on before they cut the guy with the rifle loose to roam around in a parking lot.

Of course we all have the Right but sometimes a bit of common sense goes a long way to avoiding run ins with the police like this. Now if the guy had just exited his truck and was heading into the woods for some hunting and the cops were hassling him that would be one thing but walking down a city street is another.

Use some common sense folks.

The guy must have thought he was going to be hassled because he was recording.
It is not a school. Just the Bus Barn.
In Texas, it is illegal for Police to stop anyone, just because they are exercising their rights.

Old 01-09-2020, 03:03 PM

1,037 posts, read 435,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Hiding behind a badge and gun, to treat people as property.
This one is ugly!
Incredible. I like the YT videos from the "Young Turks" and "The Advise" show.

Old 01-09-2020, 03:14 PM

24,500 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is not a school. Just the Bus Barn.
In Texas, it is illegal for Police to stop anyone, just because they are exercising their rights.

I know if I saw a guy walking around a town/city sidewalk with a rifle I would do a double take and access the possible threat level. It is just human nature and some people get frightened easily so they call the cops. It is better to be safe than sorry.

It might be the guys Rights to walk around with a rifle but I just think he could have exercised some common sense. It seems like he was ready for some grief because he was also armed with a video recorder to capture the Police response so he could post it online and complain.

I don't agree with the guy scaring people and then wasting the cops time so he could make a anti Police video but it is his Right to do that.

Old 01-09-2020, 03:20 PM

Quote:
I know if I saw a guy walking around a town/city sidewalk with a rifle I would do a double take and access the possible threat level. It is just human nature and some people get frightened easily so they call the cops. It is better to be safe than sorry.

It might be the guys Rights to walk around with a rifle but I just think he could have exercised some common sense. It seems like he was ready for some grief because he was also armed with a video recorder to capture the Police response so he could post it online and complain.

I don't agree with the guy scaring people and then wasting the cops time so he could make a anti Police video but it is his Right to do that.
Jack Miller, the guy with the AR, is former Bexar & Travis County Deputy Sheriff. He knows first hand how cops violate the Peoples rights and his investigative reports, show just how and how often.
You should see Jack's reports on Leon Valley & Almos Park TX.

Old 01-09-2020, 03:29 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Quote:

Well, at least one gun nut can show a little bit of humanity and that they still possess active brain cells, unlike some other unhinged hostile whack jobs around here......

...sorry if that comes off as a backhanded compliment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies