Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2020, 07:20 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,788,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Because they are unnecessary and redundant. EVERY STATE also has their own version of the EPA with the same regulations. Many are worse.
State laws do not apply to Federal land - National Parks, National Forests, National Monuments and BLM land unless the Feds ceded jurisdiction to the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2020, 07:24 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,623,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Sorry, but when you signed-on to support Trump, you had to take the package deal, which includes rejection of science and all legitimate sources of information and news. It is interesting to see a few of his followers starting to question some things about his mismanagement of such important issues.
Many are starting to wake up finally! To the OP, if elected again, Trump will never be known as an environmental President. You want the environment protected, vote blue.

Old 01-09-2020, 07:28 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,619,085 times
Lightbulb It's not mysterious or complicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
why do we keep overturning environmental regulations?
The GOP's corporate owners demand it.

Did somebody say. "Drain the swamp!"

Old 01-09-2020, 07:40 PM

1,086 posts, read 444,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
There will be an environmental disaster. I just hope it’s in a red state. They won’t care anyway but the rest of the country will see and learn from it
Environmental disasters don't just stick within state boundaries. Chernobyl, oil spills, non man made environmental disasters like earthquakes, wildfires, etc.

Old 01-09-2020, 08:27 PM

1,086 posts, read 444,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Many are starting to wake up finally! To the OP, if elected again, Trump will never be known as an environmental President. You want the environment protected, vote blue.
I vote for a few Democrats, Trump won because of disaffected Democrats. The Democrats support of illegal and even legal immigration, demographic change, etc. makes me sick.They want to fundamentally change our nation into a non white liberal freakshow and I am not with it. I probably would feel more comfortable with something like the European right wing parties and multiparty coalition politics.

The Democrats are dead to me, like many white males I am not voting Democrat anymore. America desperately needs a multiparty system

Old 01-10-2020, 12:17 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,481,817 times
Quote:
Are we risking our environment to export energy? I am a hunter and fisherman and I love the outdoors. President Trump needs to be the environmental president in his second term. No changes to the National Environmental Policy Act
Yeah, good luck with that. Trump and conservatives don't believe in the premise that there's any aspect of the environment that needs any safeguarding.

Old 01-10-2020, 01:22 AM

11,126 posts, read 5,620,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Yeah, good luck with that. Trump and conservatives don't believe in the premise that there's any aspect of the environment that needs any safeguarding.
The geriatric base that supports Trump thinks that just as long as the environment doesn't fully collapse in their remaining years, they will be fine with whatever happens to everyone else in the time following.

Old 01-10-2020, 05:54 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,447,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
There will be an environmental disaster. I just hope it’s in a red state. They won’t care anyway but the rest of the country will see and learn from it
Well Florida did recently have a massive algae bloom that killed a lot of aquatic life In the area due to dumping by companies in the area. Friend from fb lives near the water said it was awful , smells of rotting fish in Florida in August

Old 01-10-2020, 06:12 AM

59,399 posts, read 27,569,237 times
Quote:
Are we risking our environment to export energy? I am a hunter and fisherman and I love the outdoors. President Trump needs to be the environmental president in his second term. No changes to the National Environmental Policy Act
" why do we keep overturning environmental regulations?", depends on what they are. DUH!

Old 01-10-2020, 06:15 AM

59,399 posts, read 27,569,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Because the GOP is in the pockets of Big Fossil Fuel and other Resource extractors. Period.

Surely you know that the largest private corporation in the world, the Kochs, not only raised billions for the GOP, but is involved everywhere at the grassroots (astroturf, payoffs) making sure US Companies can pollute more???

Trump doesn't even know what the environment is. He's never been there. To him it's a climate controlled gold plated bathroom. Really!

He has already made certain that our land, water and air will be more poisoned than it would be. There is virtually nothing he could do which would mitigate the harm already done, let alone lead in the right direction.

This is equiv. to asking Trump to kiss the feet of the homeless. It's not gonna happen. Not who he is...and not who pays him.
"Surely you know that the largest private corporation in the world, the Kochs, not only raised billions for the GOP:

Surely you know that one of the richest person in the world, george soros, funds billions for the DEMs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies