Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2020, 07:45 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,040,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
It's not like we see hundreds of armed militias forming. Is hatred of trump voters rooted in hatred of police, military, blue collar voters, guns? To use the popular leftistterm, testosterone poisoned voters.
I live in an extremely white collar , dual income, half a million dollar home, suburban tahoe licality and even here I see signs for cruz and buzbee. So yes, its not just the rural blue collar ohio or kentucky people who can just vote blindly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2020, 07:47 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times
Quote:
It's not like we see hundreds of armed militias forming. Is hatred of trump voters rooted in hatred of police, military, blue collar voters, guns? To use the popular leftistterm, testosterone poisoned voters.
A strawman question....

Its really the other way round. Rural people are paranoid of evil city people raiding their farms and taking their guns etc

Old 01-15-2020, 08:10 AM

14,485 posts, read 11,295,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
or tell the truth....
Yeah, I don’t know who some people think they’re fooling.

Old 01-15-2020, 08:12 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,643,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
A strawman question....

Its really the other way round. Rural people are paranoid of evil city people raiding their farms and taking their guns etc
Urban dwellers want to take their guns and dictate what they do with their land.

That's a fact.

Old 01-15-2020, 08:13 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,040,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
I am the opposite of you. I cannot respect anyone who votes for just another generic corporate stooge politician who does nothing except what the multi-national corporations and super rich want. Anyone of those other Republican candidates could have stood up for the American people instead of the Establishment and they may very well have beaten Trump if they did. But they choose to keep their ties to the money pot. So they lost as did the Democratic establishment candidate, Hillary Clinton.

Speaking of super rich and establishment, now instead of someone like Cory Booker in the Democratic race, now you got two billionaires. Ain't that special?
Its an illusion that democrats are more supportive of the lite. Trumpis a good man and stands up dor america, but the major rhings he did without any noise qere the tax cuts for the corporations , repealing estate tax and signing the spending bill few weeks ago. And he nearly started another condluct by killing solemaney.

Old 01-15-2020, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Its an illusion that democrats are more supportive of the lite. Trumpis a good man and stands up dor america, but the major rhings he did without any noise qere the tax cuts for the corporations , repealing estate tax and signing the spending bill few weeks ago. And he nearly started another condluct by killing solemaney.
Are you upset he killed a terrorist who is responsible for the death of US service personnel?

Old 01-15-2020, 08:17 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,572,432 times
Quote:
Hahaha! Boy, you guys give yourselves way more credit than you deserve. Fear you? More like pity you.

Old 01-15-2020, 08:20 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,430,472 times
I've meet a lot of new people during my recent move. I've meet many Republicans in MI, NC, TX and SC. Most of them are no longer Trump supporters. So I don't worry about it. The people that are Trump supporters don't voice or display it openly.

Old 01-15-2020, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Hahaha! Boy, you guys give yourselves way more credit than you deserve. Fear you? More like pity you.
Of course y'all are filled with fear. It's why you see Russians and Nazis everywhere.

Old 01-15-2020, 08:21 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,750,034 times
I just moved from a conservative rural area and into a more liberal Southern city. I don't hate anyone in either place. I'm curious why you assume I do? I think you may be imagining things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies