Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2020, 10:20 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,583 times

Advertisements

Yang, Gabbard, Sanders I'd vote for if they run against Trump. I might vote for Steyer, Bloomberg as well. Who I won't be voting for is Biden, Warren, or buttigieg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2020, 10:28 AM

16,600 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
his shapiro and joe rogan youtube videos is what sold me.
Sold you on what, that Yang is the best of the (D's) running?

Or that if he got the (D) nomination (does not have a "Chinaman's chance in hell" as they say ), you would vote for Yang over Trump?

`

Old 01-18-2020, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Yang, Gabbard, Sanders I'd vote for if they run against Trump. I might vote for Steyer, Bloomberg as well. Who I won't be voting for is Biden, Warren, or buttigieg.
This almost makes sense, except for the part about voting for Sanders.

He is practically a communist, and like Warren, represents the extreme left of the party. So how could you vote for Sanders, but not Warren

`

Old 01-18-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
This almost makes sense, except for the part about voting for Sanders.

He is practically a communist, and like Warren, represents the extreme left of the party. So how could you vote for Sanders, but not Warren

`
I don't know if he's a communist but I like the idea of Medicare for all. And he's an honest man. Pocahontas ain't honest. She won't do 10% what she has promised. She's just a slimy politician. If I'm gonna vote for politicians I'll vote for successful businessmen.

Old 01-18-2020, 10:40 AM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I'm conservative and I'd be fine with UBI if we also end all federal welfare programs. It would probably save money for the federal government.
It is much more complicated than that. And Yang doesn't have it all figured out, he is shifting as he goes along. For instance initially he was going to exclude retirees from the 1K, then he suddenly changed his mind with no explanation or discussion of the enormous impact that makes in the costs of this program. I suspect in the end the retirees would be cut off as his gang of zoomers think they don't deserve it.

Those on actual entitlement programs like welfare would get the choice to continue to receive those benefits, or to take the UBI.

Old 01-18-2020, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
There we go with the unite the country crap, again !!!

What a bunch of nonsense !!!

As long as its left of center ( where ever that's at these days ) its uniting the country !!! If its right of center its tearing the country apart !!! Complete BS feel good ignorance !!!
Indeed, but sadly that is the drivel the leftists believe.

Then again the (R's) have to improve their messaging. Not in taking words and exchanging them for gobbledygook like the left does (i.e. changing the term terrorism into "man made disaster", or illegal alien into "undocumented citizen").

No I am talking about how the left and complicit media says free cake and ice cream for everyone, and then the conservatives are in a position of saying no, not everyone can have it.
Emotion tells the typical fool they want and are even entitled to cake & ice cream. This despite the logic nothing is free, nor can everyone have an equal portion.

`

Old 01-18-2020, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
It is much more complicated than that. And Yang doesn't have it all figured out, he is shifting as he goes along. For instance initially he was going to exclude retirees from the 1K, then he suddenly changed his mind with no explanation or discussion of the enormous impact that makes in the costs of this program. I suspect in the end the retirees would be cut off as his gang of zoomers think they don't deserve it.

Those on actual entitlement programs like welfare would get the choice to continue to receive those benefits, or to take the UBI.
No one ever has it all figured out, and if they say they do, they're lying. I like Yang because the guy is smart, has novel ideas, and I think we'd be better off if he was president.

Old 01-18-2020, 10:42 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,309,828 times
Quote:
I'm a conservative libertarian and I think Yang is the best candidate in 2020
In a one-on-one conversation between two sane humans, I would agree with you.

But since elections are a public matter, I would bet on the candidate who has the best chance in a food fight where CNN and the like are self-appointed referees.

In that arena, I still like Trump's chances.

As a side show, the Warren-Sanders food fight, with CNN as referee, has been entertaining even if short-lived.

Now, Trump vs Bloomberg would be two heavyweights.

Good Luck!

Old 01-18-2020, 10:48 AM

672 posts, read 443,051 times
Tax the corporations and fund UBI.

Old 01-18-2020, 11:15 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homelessinseattle View Post
Tax the corporations and fund UBI.
Any tax on corporations is a tax upon consumers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies