Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2020, 02:00 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Meh, two sides of the same coin. Men saying that they are too good for women and don’t acknowledge their own faults.
better read the article again. you don't get to make up your own story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2020, 02:00 PM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
As I stated previously, 10 years ago I would have never believed it. Men were the abusers, men were the philanderers, men were the heavy drinkers, drug users, and didn't really want to raise kids. That was the reason for divorce AND for women wanting divorces.

It turns out that's less and less the case, and anecdotally many situations I know, none of the above applied. The woman simply wanted to feel excited, swept off her feet, or thought she could have done better.

There's already enough divorce with "legitimate" reasons to back it up. We don't need more because people are bored.
How could you possibly know that (bold).
Surveys indicate infidelity, incompatibility, addiction, growing apart, conflict, abuse, family obligations.

Old 01-23-2020, 02:01 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr5 View Post
More women initiate divorce for a multitude of reasons.
You make it sound like a negative that they keep the family together until after their children are grown. That is a sign of loyalty to the family.

Not much loyalty to their husband though.
Does he deserve loyalty? I don’t know. Neither do you. That’s why we let her decide and act accordingly.

Old 01-23-2020, 02:16 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Yes, its ridiculous. The men they describe are not "dangerous". But they are a bunch of losers.
explain how not wanting to date a 'woke' woman makes one a loser.

Old 01-23-2020, 02:17 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Hmmm. Sooo...this whole "woke" thing seems a bit odd to me. I only ever just dabbled a bit with the online dating thing but what I encountered there didnt impress me any.

Cant say as I've ever dated a "woke" lady. Gals in my age range dont seem to be to into that whole thing. And I only dated one gal that was significantly younger than me.

Even when I was just in my early 20s I was dating women in their mid to late 30s and early 40s even. They taught me a lot about what's important in relationships twixt men and women. Being "woke" never came up.

Consideration, respect, intelligence, maturity, intuitiveness, and the like were biggies. I'm in my mid 50s now so if I were looking to date or be in a relationship much more than 3 to 5 years age difference doesn't much interest me.

I did see a gal for a while that was 20 years younger. It just sorta happened. It was very unexpected for me. We are still very good friends and aren't above that friendship having fringe benefits when the mood strikes but there is no "woke" thing involved. Still not sure exactly what that's supposed to entail though some have offered explanation of it.

I think it's something I will keep at arms length. Sounds like more trouble than it's worth and just invites misunderstanding twixt a guy and a gal.

Old 01-23-2020, 02:20 PM

1,239 posts, read 510,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
I think you're confusing MGTOWs with INCELS...

Most MGTOW are men who did date easily and often above themselves but have grown weary of the princess attitude lately and prefer not to be bothered by the game anymore.

I primarily dated women at or above my league, was married for 18 years, initiated my divorce and have given up on dating.

I did the club thing for a bit, but all I got were girls half my age that didn't want anything serious. Now, don't say they were only interested in my money, because at the time I was broke...in fact women who were my age weren't interested because I didn't have the money/house/car that was at the level they expected.

Now, I DO have the money/house/cars.

I tried the internet thing for a bit but grew tired of the meetup and realizing that their picture was 10+ years old and 50 pounds ago. Despite that disappointment I STILL had to sit and listen to their endless list of what they think they deserved and not one mention of what they had to offer....NO THANKS!

Funny thing is, a huge proportion of them would still offer sex after I told them I wasn't interested in dating them...again, NO THANKS! I knew that spelled trouble.
Older divorced men deciding to stop pursuing women is common and has been going on for decades. A lot of these men end up exploring their homosexual tendencies, and others just realize they can't match what they had previously. MGOTW is a support group though. You don't join a support group because you're satisfied with where you are.

You really complaining that women were willing to have sex with you, and think it's a sign of trouble? Some women enjoy casual sex too. They might have dealt with many awful guys, and thought you might be normal. That's an absurd way of thinking, no better than the other end of the spectrum.

Old 01-23-2020, 02:47 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,121,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
Older divorced men deciding to stop pursuing women is common and has been going on for decades. A lot of these men end up exploring their homosexual tendencies, and others just realize they can't match what they had previously. MGOTW is a support group though. You don't join a support group because you're satisfied with where you are.

You really complaining that women were willing to have sex with you, and think it's a sign of trouble? Some women enjoy casual sex too. They might have dealt with many awful guys, and thought you might be normal. That's an absurd way of thinking, no better than the other end of the spectrum.
Odly enough, I don't consider myself MGTOW, but do understand them and share many of their frustrations..

As for the sex thing, yes, I would get irritated. Now, I have had many FWB and casual encounters, but that was only when I determined the woman and I were on the same page and we found each other sexually attractive and yet both of us were intelligent enough to see where the compatibility ended.

The women that irritated me were the ones whom I didn't trust, some I felt were going to trap or accuse (or had the potential.) OR, those I felt thought that being intimate would change my mind about them. Some I felt just weren't being honest with me or themselves about the whole deal.
I would rather pass than risk the mistake.

Funny thing is, in many cases, later I would see or hear something about them that proved my gut was right.

Old 01-23-2020, 03:07 PM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
O

Funny thing is, in many cases, later I would see or hear something about them that proved my gut was right.
Excellent. Everyone should develop good intuition.

I have never found any one gender to more or less anything though.

I find good and bad pretty equally spread, and that doesn't just apply to dating. It applies to friends, business associates, random people, and even family members.

I never took a different view (nor found them to be any different) than anyone else I deal with. Developing a good intuition applies to all interactions with all people.

If I were JUST to apply my view of men from interactions when dating, I would have a horrible view of them. There are some real freaks out there, plus peeping toms and stalkers (had both).

But I view "men" under the umbrella of ALL men I come in contact with, and guess what? Really no different from women when it comes to good versus bad traits.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-23-2020, 03:11 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,163,576 times
Although the article is specifically about men choosing not to date woke women, this is not really a men vs women issue. Fact of the matter is men, women and any mix in between can call themselves a woke person. Regardless of their sex, as many have correctly pointed out, hanging out with a woke person is about as fun as a trip to the dentist.

Who wants to walk on eggshells when interacting with these grown up babies? Not me!!!!!!! I'm sure there are plenty of stories where young ladies are refusing to date woke men. Bottom line is these people are annoying. Looks like the reverse backlash is occurring and NOBODY wants to interact with them.

Old 01-23-2020, 03:25 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,121,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Excellent. Everyone should develop good intuition.

I have never found any one gender to more or less anything though.

I find good and bad pretty equally spread, and that doesn't just apply to dating. It applies to friends, business associates, random people, and even family members.

I never took a different view (nor found them to be any different) than anyone else I deal with. Developing a good intuition applies to all interactions with all people.

If I were JUST to apply my view of men from interactions when dating, I would have a horrible view of them. There are some real freaks out there, plus peeping toms and stalkers (had both).

But I view "men" under the umbrella of ALL men I come in contact with, and guess what? Really no different from women when it comes to good versus bad traits.
Fair enough, I don't date men so...LOL.

However, I do see exactly what you're saying, which is probably why I only have two friends and many acquaintances...I don't like many people, and trust even less of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies