Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2020, 03:32 PM

2,495 posts, read 867,063 times

Advertisements

Then there are the pillheads swallowing SSRIs:

Google Zoloft [or Paxil, or Effexor, or Luvox, or Prozac,...] ruined marriage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2020, 03:38 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,785 times
It's probably just my age, but I suppose if I were a woman I wouldn't be trying to date men anymore either, I'd probably be tired of their crap too!

Funny observation. When I was bouncing at clubs, I'd have women come up to me complaining that all men were interested in was sex and they didn't seem to value their personality or other skills. I'd look at them and tell them they spent a ton of money and time showing off their assets to sexually attract the men, what did you expect? They're only buying what you're selling!

I'd have men do the same, calling all women gold diggers. I'd give them the same lines...you're trying to show off your assets...what do you expect?

Old 01-23-2020, 03:40 PM

3,748 posts, read 1,443,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
Although the article is specifically about men choosing not to date woke women, this is not really a men vs women issue. Fact of the matter is men, women and any mix in between can call themselves a woke person. Regardless of their sex, as many have correctly pointed out, hanging out with a woke person is about as fun as a trip to the dentist.

Who wants to walk on eggshells when interacting with these grown up babies? Not me!!!!!!! I'm sure there are plenty of stories where young ladies are refusing to date woke men. Bottom line is these people are annoying. Looks like the reverse backlash is occurring and NOBODY wants to interact with them.
This is correct. It is not about sex. Its just about the way of thinking and one's world view and perspective. This can be two gay men, one gay man is woke, why the other gay man is woke and is into the LGBT movement. If someone that is not woke and is dating or in an relationship with someone that is woke. The none-woke person must have a lot of tolerance to deal with the woke persons B.S, worldview, perspective. And is willing to walk on eggshells during he remainder of the relationship. Problem for women that are woke is that, their are not a lot of woke men out there to procreate with and to have a long meaningful relationship. Therefore feminists/SJWS will have to seek out none-woke men for procreation. A woman that is woke should feel lucky that she has a boyfriend that is a male-feminist, or a white man that is for BLM and suppors black feminism. Problem is with procreating with someone that is woke will be cultural issues that spew out of White Anglo Saxon Liberal Arts college. Do you want to raise your boy as male-feminist due to being married to a 3rd wave intersectional feminist? Or do you want to raise your baby daughter as gender neutral due to your fiancée having a masters in gender studies? Or you as a whiteman or a Latino has sex and birth a child with a black feminist, and that black feminist wants to raise the child not as a biracial but as black only and black first. As a none-woke man, how do you deal with these cross cultural issues? Such cross cultural issues can cause an immediate divorce if marriage was on the table.

Also know, get woke go broke. If you are not woke, dating some one that is woke, will make you also go broke. Woke women want nice things too, even nicer and finer items than non-woke women.

Last edited by Checkmarkblue; 01-23-2020 at 03:51 PM..

Old 01-23-2020, 03:51 PM

48,521 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
It's probably just my age, but I suppose if I were a woman I wouldn't be trying to date men anymore either, I'd probably be tired of their crap too!

That's fair.

One story from the other side (I was in my mid 40s), and this guy leads off on a general rant about how women let themselves go. I'm thinking "yeah, yeah, I know. Your wife got overweight and cut her hair short", or some version of this.

Then he got more specific and was ranting about shoes. How women now days have no pride, and turning dumpy. Now you know, I will NEVER go out with this guy.... but it's getting interesting and it was a slow night.

So I asked him to elaborate, and what is the problem?

The problem he had, and his whole rant came down to: women in the down town area, who leave the office for lunch and change from heels to tennis shoes (oh yeah, and wearing them to and from the bus).

Then the standard insta sexting. I had to ask one guy why in the world he thought it was appropriate to be asking my views on oral sex before he had even asked my name?

I gotta million of 'em.

None-the-less, I like men in generally the same ratio that I like women.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-23-2020, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That's fair.

One story from the other side (I was in my mid 40s), and this guy leads off on a general rant about how women let themselves go. I'm thinking "yeah, yeah, I know. Your wife got overweight and cut her hair short", or some version of this.

Then he got more specific and was ranting about shoes. How women now days have no pride, and turning dumpy. Now you know, I will NEVER go out with this guy.... but it's getting interesting and it was a slow night.

So I asked him to elaborate, and what is the problem?

The problem he had, and his whole rant came down to: women in the down town area, who leave the office for lunch and change from heels to tennis shoes (oh yeah, and wearing them to and from the bus).

Then the standard insta sexting. I had to ask one guy why in the world he thought it was appropriate to be asking my views on oral sex before he had even asked my name?

I gotta million of 'em.

None-the-less, I like men in generally the same ratio that I like women.
Oh yeah...the insta sexting....I hate that! I even had women sexting before we met...we would of course never meet after that.

I guess dating wise I do wish it were the 50's...I'd love to just casually go out and do activities and get to know them before jumping in bed. I'm not talking about playing games either...just simply getting to know each other first. Let a little tension build.

FWIW, I agree with that guy about the shoes, just not in that context. I totally get the swap for comfortable shoes.

I do miss dresses and heels though, and women knowing how to be feminine and use their feminine allure to get a mans attention rather that shaking her booty or milkshake or whatever the heck they're shaking and twerking or whatever...Gah! I'm too old!

Old 01-23-2020, 04:05 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,396,585 times
Any woman who has some adolescent fascination with non-traditional values or lifestyle is immediately not taken seriously.

I feel mostly bad for them because their probable outcome isn't good and they don't know it. Everyone else gets a fair shake.

At least the crazies are raising the value of the normal women. At least that's good for the normal women.

Old 01-23-2020, 04:06 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
I have found that over my fifty plus years of living that women are just plain nuts.

Old 01-23-2020, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Any woman who has some adolescent fascination with non-traditional values or lifestyle is immediately not taken seriously.

I feel mostly bad for them because their probable outcome isn't good and they don't know it. Everyone else gets a fair shake.

At least the crazies are raising the value of the normal women. At least that's good for the normal women.

Agreed, but there's too many trees...I can't see the Forrest!

Old 01-23-2020, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I have found that over my fifty plus years of living that women are just plain nuts.
True! But we are too...most men anyway.

Old 01-23-2020, 04:09 PM

3,748 posts, read 1,443,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
"Woke" seems to be based on the "Metoo" movement.

I have had straight men in their 20s and 30s who I have known who refuse to be along with women who they don't know well because they of the possible allegations of this and that.

Im gay and always act very stoic around women. I never say things that could be misintepreted around women. I always act very robotic around women also.

I would have been prefered to have been straight in the 1950s and 1960s, but this day in age I am glad I am gay because straight men seem to have lots of allegations towards them for anything not politically correct. They have to be very cautious to never say one wrong thing these days.

It seems as though more straight men though are afraid of allegations or just that one non-politically correct thing they say ruining their career or coming back to haunt them.

I have had many roommates over the years, who may be mostly straight on the Kinsey scale but not all the way who seem to prefer being around men just based on the fact with women they always have to have their guard up according to what they have told me.

Even being a gay man, I would never say anything that wasn't completely politically correct around women these days in any sort of environment.
Woke is not based on metoo movement. Metoo movement stems from woke culture. First thing we have to ask is. How did we get here? The woke culture has come out of Academy in the white anglosphere nations, and to a lesser extent Ireland and South Africa which contain and use white Anglo elite systems. Woke culture does not exist in black and brown Anglo States like a Belize, Jamaica, or a Guyana for example, or former British India or Singapore. These ideas only exist in areas with large populace of whites and small minority groups, or a small influential white populace such as South Africa.

Ideas of gender, sex, Islam, undocumented, women, race and others mainly come out of the academy in the Anglosphere universities. These ideas also don't exist in Mexico. In places like France and Italy, metoo movement has failed, but is successful in Canada. Cuba which has a large black population wont be able to do BLM rallies against the communist government. Try doing Islam issues in Communist China, and the Chinese will put you in a gulag. Try to do feminism in Russia, you will be placed in prison. Try doing LGBT in North Korea, and see how will that go for you. Even though Feminism, LGBT and black movements exist globally. What is unique about the Anglosphere is that, Anglosphere is able to form a quasi alliance between LGBT, Black movements, Feminism, indigenous rights, undocumented, gender and to some extent the disable. While in the Hispanic world, Lusophony and the Francophone, such ideas work separately and don't form an alliance due to such groups don't really work together. Example can feminism and LGBT work together? No because those ideas clash and run against each other. But in the Anglosphere, LGBT, Women and black must work together on issues and must be collective eventhough such groups intersect and clash.

Being woke encompasses black, LGBT, women, Islam, undocumented, disability, gender etc. Being white, being straight, and being male are bad things, and must be absolved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies