Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2020, 05:42 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,389,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
We don't need NOAA or anyone else to tell us what we already know. It's called common sense. Just look around and see what's happening with our climate. Don't look at Trump for answers. Take care of our environment for your kids and grand kids and future generations.
That's nice, and no doubt a great notion in looking out for future generations; but when legislation is based on superstition and lies of omission and data tampering, we are creeping into dangerous territory.

The FACT that there is an effort to distort the past records to push an agenda should cause pause in any thinking American. The lines of this "argument" are clearly POLITICAL which surely is a sign that the truth is skewed and clouded by misinformation and deceit.

I see some posters totally ignore the facts, and historical EVIDENCE, that Mr. Heller presents.

All without any refutation or reason. Just EMOTION!

There is ample historical evidence that proves that we've had really HOT summers, and mild winters in the past 200+ years on RECORD!

To ignore that these records are being ALTERED to push an agenda is on YOU, and anyone who CHOOSES to accept such dishonesty.

Old 02-09-2020, 06:17 AM

57,226 posts, read 26,178,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
My source is me my man. Based on the weather records i have kept since the 70's for the Tampa area of FL. But me moving right on the gulf have skewed the figs some since i have much warmer lows that i did in Tampa. Just look at all the above normal temps in FL since 2011 vs the below normal temps and that is all ya gotta know.
Well one thing we agree on is that temperatures are increasing rather dramatically although I believe your temperature increases are exaggerated.

Old 02-09-2020, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
That's nice, and no doubt a great notion in looking out for future generations; but when legislation is based on superstition and lies of omission and data tampering, we are creeping into dangerous territory.

The FACT that there is an effort to distort the past records to push an agenda should cause pause in any thinking American. The lines of this "argument" are clearly POLITICAL which surely is a sign that the truth is skewed and clouded by misinformation and deceit.

I see some posters totally ignore the facts, and historical EVIDENCE, that Mr. Heller presents.

All without any refutation or reason. Just EMOTION!

There is ample historical evidence that proves that we've had really HOT summers, and mild winters in the past 200+ years on RECORD!

To ignore that these records are being ALTERED to push an agenda is on YOU, and anyone who CHOOSES to accept such dishonesty.
How did you arrive at the claim that past records have been purposely distorted, are you claiming its not warming. Do you have a link to the past 200 years.

Old 02-09-2020, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
How did you arrive at the claim that past records have been purposely distorted, are you claiming its not warming. Do you have a link to the past 200 years.
Wake up, Sleepy! The OP video that you CHOOSE to ignore lays out FACTUAL EVIDENCE of data tampering!

Here, I will link it, and another one AGAIN. I DARE you to watch them and outline what you think is wrong!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hElTSfQEdsk

And the follow up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhjZI0ceSBQ

Go ahead and ignore these from the comfort of your home on this giant glacial moraine right here with me on Long Island!

Old 02-09-2020, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Wake up, Sleepy! The OP video that you CHOOSE to ignore lays out FACTUAL EVIDENCE of data tampering!

Here, I will link it, and another one AGAIN. I DARE you to watch them and outline what you think is wrong!

And the follow up...

Go ahead and ignore these from the comfort of your home on this giant glacial moraine right here with me on Long Island!
I'm not going to flip through YouTube videos of Tony Heller, do you have a scientific paper.

You never answered the question, are you claiming its not warming.

I have no idea why you're bringing up the fact that LI was covered in ice at one time, try to focus.

Meanwhile record temperatures in Antarctica.

Quote:
Antarctica, the coldest, windiest and driest continent on Earth, set a record high temperature on Thursday, underscoring the global warming trend, researchers said.
Esperanza, Argentina’s research station on the northern tip of the Antarctic Peninsula, reached 64.9 degrees Fahrenheit, or 18.2 degrees Celsius, breaking the previous record of 63.5 degrees set on March 24, 2015, according to Argentina’s National Meteorological Service. The station has been recording temperatures since 1961.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/08/c...mperature.html

Old 02-09-2020, 07:03 AM

https://www.climatecentral.org/galle...ears-on-record

Old 02-09-2020, 07:10 AM

Quote:
I'm not going to flip through YouTube videos of Tony Heller
Well, then we're done here.

"Changes aren't permanent, but change is; constant change is here to stay!"

Old 02-09-2020, 07:14 AM

Quote:
So history started in 1998?

What melted the mile thick glacier that created our beautiful Long Island? SUV's? Mammoth farts? CO2?

Keep your head in the sand, but don't you DARE try to legislate a solution to your made up problem!

Old 02-09-2020, 07:18 AM

33,526 posts, read 37,125,817 times
2019 was the second hottest year on record....

Berkeley Earth

Old 02-09-2020, 07:21 AM

Quote:
So history started in 1998?

What melted the mile thick glacier that created our beautiful Long Island? SUV's? Mammoth farts? CO2?

Keep your head in the sand, but don't you DARE try to legislate a solution to your made up problem!
You still never answered the simple question, rather than childish comments just answer the question are you claiming its not warming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.