Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2020, 03:36 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,235,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
I read about this over the weekend. From what I'm getting from it is, the video is made to look like Pelosi tore it up at the same time the President was honoring each person.

Yes, the old bag tore up the speech, but that was at the very end after his speech was done and when President Trump was leaving the podium.

The video is made to look as though Pelosi was tearing up the speech as the honors are being read.

I can't say 100% if this is what's going on with the video that people are trying to get FB and Twitter to remove, as I've not seen it myself. I'm just putting what I read together and that's what I'm getting from it.
your understanding is very accurate.

it's a "great ad" in the sense that it conveys the message simply and spectacularly. Being more accurate, and intoning - "when Pelosi ripped the speech declaring it a 'manifesto of mistruths' she was including...these people". or also including her quote

Quote:
“He shredded the truth, so I shredded his speech,” Pelosi told House Democrats, according to multiple sources in the room. “What we heard last night was a disgrace.”
would be more accurate.

Conversely, when this kind of "fact-checking" is what you're facing ...

Quote:
Trump argues that he is building the most inclusive society in the world. But he has repeatedly said nice things about white nationalists and he has made the guiding principle of his political career to keep immigrants out of the country.
or ads I've seen "Trump vows to kill Social Security" well then, which is a more accurate portrayal of the truth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2020, 03:37 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
My President Trump TV campaign ad would have President Trump announce the unemployment rate nationally and for each demo, separated by Nancy tearing up the SOTU speech between each one. As he announces each accomplishment (like jobs created and wages rising the fastest for blue collar workers, for example) in between each one would be Nancy ripping.

Old 02-10-2020, 03:37 PM

20,127 posts, read 16,179,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
BS.

You are correct. The Trump version is doctored.

Tearing up that speech, when the SOTU was over had nothing to do with her regard for the USA.

Trump will try to gin that incident up just like he did that player taking a knee. Just because he didn't get it or understand, does not mean he gets to define another's motives.
Funny, our nation just spent 3 to 4 months in turmoil due to certain congresspersons deciding they got to define his motives.

Old 02-10-2020, 03:38 PM

6,753 posts, read 3,375,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The video is representing a different timeline of when she tore up the speech. It's meant to imply that Pelosi had no respect for the veterans being honored. It's doctored. Period.
This. Nancy the Ripper showed a complete lack of respect in her undignified stunt, and now she's paying the price.

She should've thought about what could happen before she did it, but too late now.

Old 02-10-2020, 03:39 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,132,445 times
You demolibs are really working overtime backpedaling Pelosi's televised temper tantrum at the conclusion of President's Trump's SOTUS.

The first 24 hours, you all thought it was the greatest thing since foot long weenies, and now look at you.

Old 02-10-2020, 03:44 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,235,076 times
In case someone from Trump2020 looks in on CD, I'm going to ponder ....

I wonder if another video will be created that shows all these good things, and then cuts to the Dems sitting on their hands in unison?

Cause that is unquestioned, and it doesn't require any doctoring whatsoever. "Our protest is more important than anything good going on in this country."

Even Obama got greater applause from R's than what we saw last Tuesday.

Old 02-10-2020, 03:47 PM

1,770 posts, read 718,173 times
Quote:
Why change the time and context of when Pelosi ripped up her copy of the speech?
Should he have just posted the entire 2 hour video?

Old 02-10-2020, 03:51 PM

11,148 posts, read 10,721,873 times
Quote:
There were several statement in the State of the Union address that were untrue.

I don't think she showed disrespect for the people who were honored at all. I do think she showed disrespect for the President, and for the office of the President. I think President Trump shows disrespect for the office of the President as well, with his rude, crude behavior.

I think it matters when she tore up the speech, because if it didn't matter, then there wouldn't have been any need to doctor the video to misrepresent when she tore up the speech.
She showed disdain and disrespect for the entire process, including the people who were honored.

Why are you defending her behavior? This woman is Speaker of the House and engaged in behavior that would get someone fired from any other job. She showed exactly what she thought of our country, and it wasn't respectful to anyone.

Old 02-10-2020, 03:56 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,251,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fc76-81 View Post
i read about this over the weekend. From what i'm getting from it is, the video is made to look like pelosi tore it up at the same time the president was honoring each person.

Yes, the old bag tore up the speech, but that was at the very end after his speech was done and when president trump was leaving the podium.

The video is made to look as though pelosi was tearing up the speech as the honors are being read.

I can't say 100% if this is what's going on with the video that people are trying to get fb and twitter to remove, as i've not seen it myself. I'm just putting what i read together and that's what i'm getting from it.

Never the less, pelosi did show the world last tuesday evening exactly what she thinks of president trump and all that he had talked about in that speech (those who he honored that night and those past, present and future in american history). She tore them all up. The video was made to demonstrate exactly what pelosi did that night and to whom she did it, when she tore up the speech.

I saw with my own two eyes what pelosi did that night. Total and complete disregard for america and the american people, past, present and future.
and you voted for trump! Putin's *****!

Old 02-10-2020, 03:57 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,593,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
She showed disdain and disrespect for the entire process, including the people who were honored.

Why are you defending her behavior? This woman is Speaker of the House and engaged in behavior that would get someone fired from any other job. She showed exactly what she thought of our country, and it wasn't respectful to anyone.
I don’t see that poster defending her behavior. I see them objecting to the use of a doctored video to try to mislead people as to what Pelosi did. And that poster is right.

I think what Pelosi did was childish and disrespectful but I also object to using a doctored video to make it seem like something it wasn’t.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies