Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2020, 08:39 AM

8,959 posts, read 2,568,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Do you OWN the DOCTORING of the video?
It's dishonest to say the video was "doctored", the video merely shows what was in the speech that Pelosi tore up, it showed exactly what she was tearing up. The video is fair and honest, your representation of the video is not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2020, 08:41 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,928,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
It's dishonest to say the video was "doctored", the video merely shows what was in the speech that Pelosi tore up, it showed exactly what she was tearing up. The video is fair and honest, your representation of the video is not.
The video isn't honest at all. It doesn't show what was in the speech that Pelosi objected to. The speech did contain falsehoods. And since the video ignores those, it is not fair or honest.

Old 02-11-2020, 08:45 AM

8,959 posts, read 2,568,200 times
Quote:
The video isn't honest at all. It doesn't show what was in the speech that Pelosi objected to. The speech did contain falsehoods. And since the video ignores those, it is not fair or honest.
What you are doing right now is lying. The video shows excerpts from the speech that Pelosi tore up and nothing more. Everything in the video was in the speech Pelosi tore up and she tore up every single page. She made a grand display of it so that everyone would know she tore up every single page. There's nothing dishonest about it.....what is dishonest is you coming here and lying about it in an effort to spin things to make Pelosi's actions seem less embarrassing. It's not going to work kiddo, you'd be much better off just distancing yourself from that clown. Let her take well deserved heat for her stupidity rather than suggesting that you agree with the stupidity.

Old 02-11-2020, 08:47 AM

11,152 posts, read 10,732,613 times
Quote:
Did she stand and applaud each of the persons being honored?

Yes. So that means that Pelosi does care for for the people who were honored.

The video doesn't clarify anything, since it dishonestly portrays her not giving the Tuskegee airman a standing ovation. Dishonesty NEVER clarifies anything.

Do I think she should have behaved the way she did? No, I don't. But do I think the video of what she did should have been DOCTORED to distort what she did? No, I don't. But you do.
The person you should be aiming your criticism at is Pelosi. She's the nitwit that, in the most divisive political climate in my lifetime, thought that tearing up the speech was a good idea. The only way she could have helped Republicans more is if she had openly endorsed Trump for 2020.

And yes, as someone with experience in advertising and social media, I think the video is a great idea. I'd say the same if the roles were reversed, as well.

Old 02-11-2020, 08:48 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,598,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
What you are doing right now is lying. The video shows excerpts from the speech that Pelosi tore up and nothing more. Everything in the video was in the speech Pelosi tore up and she tore up every single page. She made a grand display of it so that everyone would know she tore up every single page. There's nothing dishonest about it.....what is dishonest is you coming here and lying about it in an effort to spin things to make Pelosi's actions seem less embarrassing. It's not going to work kiddo, you'd be much better off just distancing yourself from that clown. Let her take well deserved heat for her stupidity rather than suggesting that you agree with the stupidity.
The video changes the timing of her actions to change the context. It is no different from changing a sequence of events to make it appear that a person booed or jeered right after a particular comment was made when, in fact, the booing or jeering came at a different time.

Old 02-11-2020, 08:51 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,454,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
She hasn't been beaten. We all knew the Senate would be too afraid to step up and do the right thing against this petty demagogue. But she accomplished what she set out to do--she made sure this president was impeached. He will go down in history as only the third president to ever carry that indelible stain on his presidency.

As for childish, petulant behavior, how any Trump supporter could denigrate anyone on the planet for that with a straight face is just hilarious and shows how completely lacking in self awareness they are.
She wasn't beaten? Someone should've told Pelosi's face.

The only thing the democrats impeached was impeachment itself. Democrats put on a show trial to appease their big donors. Trump was also acquitted. That will also go down in history.

Old 02-11-2020, 08:52 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,397,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
The video changes the timing of her actions to change the context. It is no different from changing a sequence of events to make it appear that a person booed or jeered right after a particular comment was made when, in fact, the booing or jeering came at a different time.
Another one. Leave Nancy aloooone!

That dumb ass should've though about the ramifications of her little hissy fit before she went on that ripping rampage!

Old 02-11-2020, 08:54 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,598,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Another one. Leave Nancy aloooone!

That dumb ads should've though about the ramifications of her little hissy fit before she went on that ripping rampage!
I have no problem with people criticizing Pelosi for ripping up the speech. Indeed, I criticized her.

However, if she is to be criticized, she should be criticized for what she did, not what someone is pretending she did.

Old 02-11-2020, 08:56 AM

52,726 posts, read 34,643,570 times
i'm noticing a trend..

is there a DOCTOR in the house?

Quote:
The video was doctored.
Quote:
It's doctored. Period.
Quote:
So you think that the doctored video is a good thing.
Quote:
The video was doctored.
Quote:
I'm condemning posting a DOCTORED video. If you can't make your argument honestly, that's your problem. And a DOCTORED video is DISHONEST.
Quote:
You don't need to sit through 2 hours to see anything. And you don't need to watch a DOCTORED video, either, since the video of her when she actually tore up her copy of the speech is also out there on the internet.
Quote:
She's not the one trying to rewrite history. The people who DOCTORED the video are trying to rewrite history. Hence, DOCTORING a video.
Quote:
I respect you and your opinion, but there was a motivation to doctoring the video, and your argument ignores that.
Quote:
It is the case. She didn't tear up the speech while Americans were being honored. She tore up the speech at its conclusion. The video was DOCTORED, to show her tearing it up at a different time.
Quote:
Do you OWN the DOCTORING of the video?
Quote:
But do I think the video of what she did should have been DOCTORED to distort what she did? No, I don't. But you do.
Quote:
No, every political ad is propaganda, but not DOCTORED. You are trying to change the meaning of DOCTORED.

Old 02-11-2020, 08:59 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,251,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Yup. If you believe Pelsoi's actions performed at the time warrant criticism, criticism them. If you don't feel that way, don't. But to change the timing of her actions in a video to encourage criticism is dishonest. Its no different from someone caught on video booing or jeering and then altering the video to make it seem like they booed or jeered at a different point. Why not let people see the truth and draw their own conclusions rather than trying to mislead them?

This is exactly what I was talking about with respect to the intellectual honesty of the modern GOP.
there's no intellectual honesty on the left, either. Surely you admit that.

exh A: "Trump praised the white nationalists at Charlottesville".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies