Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2020, 12:24 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,011,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT113876 View Post
While I think 7-12 round limits are reasonable... 3 is not. Even a revolver can fire off 5-6 or so shots.
I am not an expert on the revolver, but why couldn't we limit them to three bullets too? Either require that they be smaller to the point where they only hold three, or simply redesign the mechanism such that they only hold three clips?

Again, if you can't shoot your deer, duck, rabbit, or whatever with 3 bullets, you are just a lousy shot and should not have a weapon anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2020, 01:50 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
How about a Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40 Watt Range?
Back ordered. Be awhile.

Old 02-16-2020, 01:53 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
I am not an expert on the revolver, but why couldn't we limit them to three bullets too? Either require that they be smaller to the point where they only hold three, or simply redesign the mechanism such that they only hold three clips?

Again, if you can't shoot your deer, duck, rabbit, or whatever with 3 bullets, you are just a lousy shot and should not have a weapon anyway.
Revolver? Holding a clip? Well, seeing how a revolver doesn’t have clips or magazines, I think you surpassed yourself in ignorance.

Old 02-16-2020, 02:08 PM

355 posts, read 213,443 times
Quote:

You should just stop talking about firearms...forever

Old 02-16-2020, 02:39 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Revolver? Holding a clip? Well, seeing how a revolver doesn’t have clips or magazines, I think you surpassed yourself in ignorance.
Some revolvers do hold clips. Full and half moon clips. The SW 625 45 ACP uses moon clips to accommodate the rebated rim.

But this of course is not what Big T was talking about. But there are actually quite a few revolvers that use clips.

Old 02-16-2020, 02:49 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,121,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Some revolvers do hold clips. Full and half moon clips. The SW 625 45 ACP uses moon clips to accommodate the rebated rim.

But this of course is not what Big T was talking about. But there are actually quite a few revolvers that use clips.
My revolver is a fully-semi-automatic helical belt-fed 1.500 round magazine-high style clip with mil-spec armor piercing, cop killing, school seeking omnipotent explosive incendiary tracer rounds with rejuvenating unobtainium expanding sabot core reversible dynamic super maxed out bullets designed for maximum carnage when I engage the flip up thingy!

Old 02-16-2020, 04:36 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,748,387 times
Quote:

Why would anyone need 100 clips in a weapon?
None of your business that people want to own 100 clips in a weapon

Old 02-16-2020, 04:41 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
My revolver is a fully-semi-automatic helical belt-fed 1.500 round magazine-high style clip with mil-spec armor piercing, cop killing, school seeking omnipotent explosive incendiary tracer rounds with rejuvenating unobtainium expanding sabot core reversible dynamic super maxed out bullets designed for maximum carnage when I engage the flip up thingy!
LOL. Indeed. But I was being serious. Revolvers chambered in rebated rim ccartridges like 45 ACP and 9mm do indeed use clips. Even standard revolver chamberings like 38 357 can be had accommodated to use moon clips.

They are way faster than regular speed loaders. Serious ICORE shooters use nothing but moon clipped revolvers. My son can actually beat me on reload times with his 625 against my 1911.

LMAO....never forget the first time he did that to me in a match. He wont let me forget. Bwahahaha!!

Old 02-16-2020, 05:08 PM

29,492 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:

What really needs to be brought to attention is Joseph Enouy's death machine. He designed a 48 shot revolver, that needs no special permits to own or anything. How can we let people roam the streets with these things ?!

Old 02-16-2020, 05:12 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times
Quote:

no. it has to be six or they will be out of balance and throw off your aim...…...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies