Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2020, 07:33 AM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I like how all these gun shops act like they are SO patriotic! There was a commercial for a local gun store, and some of the images are pure 'Americana', flag waving proudly, families on a picnic, etc...but at the same time, all these dealers are FULLY COMPLIANT with ALL laws and regulations (relating to guns and gun sales).

*Its not like they are doing anything 'patriotic'!! They are in full compliance for petes sake! and if the govt passes some new gun law, Id bet my paycheck they will FULLY COMPLY with that too ( no matter how much it infringes upon citizens rights).

Where have all the truly brave people gone? those that really do have patriotism and not afraid to exercise it?
I was rejected from a recent gun purchase because of a failure in the NICS check. While filling out the appeal form in the gun store, I couldnt help notice the framed copy of the constitution hanging overhead. I told the clerk they should take it down and put it in the bathroom for use as t.p. for all the good it doing.
If even fewer than half of the gun stores refused to comply, the system would collapse for lack of resources to enforce it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2020, 07:41 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,219,603 times
Dress up as a 30-round P-Mag for Halloween and watch the Democrats scatter

Old 02-17-2020, 10:33 AM

3,405 posts, read 2,735,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
There are currently 3-4 States with some type of silly "assault weapon" ban and one regulation was registering it. Since they have about 12% or less "compliance" I'd say there are millions of people defying these unconstitutional laws. Sounds pretty patriotic to me. Firearms dealers don't need to be the guinea pig for these stupid laws. Just buy the weapon and take the stupid grip fin off. All you need is a screwdriver and 15 seconds.

I've hardly ever heard of anyone getting busted. These are baloney tack on charges for other offenses.
Furthermore, many county Sheriff's aren't enforcing the laws or portions of them, citing them as unconstitutional.

Old 02-18-2020, 03:13 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,011,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
No weapon on this planet has 100 magazines attached. I personally own several thousand magazines but only one can be used at a time. Magazine capacity has no bearing. I hit what I aim at, from 3 yards out to a thousand yards. And I want high capacity magazines therefore I need them. Neither you nor anyone else will dictate what I can and can’t own.

You can have bullet control, too bad for you I cast my own bullets, and I reload my own rounds.

Gun control, bullet control, magazine control, good luck with that.

I was not familiar with the weapons that take 100 clips, but it appears that they do in fact exist. See again the video of VP Joe Biden that I posted in post #1:
https://www.weaselzippers.us/430110-...lips-in-a-gun/

Quote:
I said, how many deer you know wearing Kevlar vests? Raise your hand. You really need one? And hell, if you need 100 clips or 30 clips in a weapons, then you shouldn’t be hunting, man! You’re dangerous! You’re dangerous. (applause) I’m not joking. You know, he’d say to me, take my shotgun. I said, I have three — now I have five, because my son died and I have three of his. That’s five shotguns, but they’re under lock and key.
This is VP Biden, a long-standing expert on guns and gun issues. He is a gun owner, so he is fully knowledgeable about them. As I noted before, it was actually Biden who came up with the concept of the 1994 assault weapons ban, so he's been working on the issue for a long time.

If he says that there are these 100 clip weapons, I think we have to assume that he knows whereof he speaks. I doubt that any of us here could match him in intellect and knowledge!

Last edited by travis t; 02-18-2020 at 03:30 PM..

Old 02-18-2020, 03:15 PM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
I heard Biden had a monthly tech column in Guns and Ammo magazine back in the day

Old 02-18-2020, 03:48 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,011,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Absolutely ! Could only imagine if they had AR20's with high capacity tracer rounds in 55 gallon drum style rotary repeater clips...it would be like the Terminator was there.
I was not familiar with the AR-20. I have to assume the '20' means that it's 33 percent more powerful than the AR-15. Wow! Definitely should be illegal if it's not already.

These rotary repeater clips--is that the same thing as a 'tub style' magazine, such as was used in the Aurora CO theater shooting?

Old 02-18-2020, 03:59 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,121,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post

This is VP Biden, a long-standing expert on guns and gun issues. He is a gun owner, so he is fully knowledgeable about them. As I noted before, it was actually Biden who came up with the concept of the 1994 assault weapons ban, so he's been working on the issue for a long time.

If he says that there are these 100 clip weapons, I think we have to assume that he knows whereof he speaks. I doubt that any of us here could match him in intellect and knowledge!

I own a house and a car so therefore I'm an expert at both! LOL

Nice trolling Travis, but this time you've gone too far.

Old 02-18-2020, 04:13 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
I was not familiar with the weapons that take 100 clips, but it appears that they do in fact exist. See again the video of VP Joe Biden that I posted in post #1:
https://www.weaselzippers.us/430110-...lips-in-a-gun/

No such thing. He snookered all you people into believing that load of crap. Show me an actual picture of such a weapon. It doesn’t frigging exist. The only continuous firing weapon is a belt fed machine gun. And I have those for sale for the right price. A 1919 Browning .30 machine gun for $13000.

Old 02-18-2020, 04:17 PM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
So now even the term 'bullets' is banned? What's next, we can't use the word guns?

So far no one has responded to Biden's message:

Why would anyone need 100 clips in a weapon?
No one. No civilian at all needs that many. For that matter they don't need 15, either.
FWIW: I am a Republican. I will never vote for a Democrat. But in spite of my outlier views on gun control I am welcomed by the party. I would not expect that of Democrats who reject all who even slightly disagree with them.

Old 02-18-2020, 04:32 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
No one. No civilian at all needs that many. For that matter they don't need 15, either.
FWIW: I am a Republican. I will never vote for a Democrat. But in spite of my outlier views on gun control I am welcomed by the party. I would not expect that of Democrats who reject all who even slightly disagree with them.
I got 50 round drum magazines for Thompson sub machine guns. Also AR-15s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies