Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2020, 02:53 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
When the 94th impeachment attempt fails, they will try to lynch him.
I seriously believe there will be an assassination attempt.

Old 02-15-2020, 03:35 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I'm afraid you are wrong, OP. Trump absolutely can get away with anything as long as he has the Party of Trump on their knees before him, doing his bidding. Even a Watergate like event in today's toxic political environment would not take him down . . . .
Does anyone on this forum even know what Nixon allegedly did wrong? And I mean, what did he do, specifically?

Old 02-15-2020, 03:41 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Like him or not, Trump trolls people and people just lap it up. He's not as dumb as he comes off. He knows exactly what he's doing. I wish that people could see that for what it is, we'd have a lot less TDS.

Old 02-15-2020, 03:47 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
With the hiring of John McEntee a few days ago, I realize that Trump is simply too hardheaded to get outta his own way. I mean REALLY? A guy that got fired by Trump’s last Chief of Staff over financial improprieties? What is Trump thinking?

There’s the pre-sentence tweeting in the Roger Stone affair, the Justice Department’s response to it. Beef with his own AG, and at least implying that he’d like to see some form of retaliation against Vindman by the military. Just since his impeachment ALONE, he’s shown a stunning lack of sagacity, morality and equanimity. Trump simply put, lacks the temperament for the gig.

John Kelly actually told the incoming Chief of Staff that without being heavily monitored, Trump was gonna get himself impeached. And even with Mulvaney likely doing his best to keep Trump outta trouble, Trump still did himself in. He just can’t help himself.

I truly believe that Trump has a 50/50 shot at winning again. After all, with the economic news being prosaic at worst, enough Americans might decide that the boat doesn’t need to be rocked just yet, even if they don’t like Trump personally. He should be a shoo-in, but his behavior is the only thing making his situation less than favorable.

All that said, there’s no way in hell that he can finish another 4 year term without a Watergate-like event. I know it, and I’m sure we all know it. Whether or not we’re willing to admit it based on our political predilections is another matter altogether. In the last month alone, it’s extremely self evident....like, it pretty much goes without saying even though I’m saying it anyway. He can’t make it, and he can’t help himself.

And Republicans, lemme drop this before I end this diatribe: he’s gonna take the Party down with him, Hoover style. Be careful of what you wish for. This isn’t gonna end well.

Anyway...have at it. I’ve said my peace.
I do. We're not that lucky --> that he'd end up in jail before another four year term was over. I refuse to say "his" next four years term as I hope like hades that someone else wins this next election. Anyone at this point. Of any political party. They can't be any worse than we already have.

Old 02-15-2020, 03:53 PM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
With the hiring of John McEntee a few days ago, I realize that Trump is simply too hardheaded to get outta his own way. I mean REALLY? A guy that got fired by Trump’s last Chief of Staff over financial improprieties? What is Trump thinking?

There’s the pre-sentence tweeting in the Roger Stone affair, the Justice Department’s response to it. Beef with his own AG, and at least implying that he’d like to see some form of retaliation against Vindman by the military. Just since his impeachment ALONE, he’s shown a stunning lack of sagacity, morality and equanimity. Trump simply put, lacks the temperament for the gig.

John Kelly actually told the incoming Chief of Staff that without being heavily monitored, Trump was gonna get himself impeached. And even with Mulvaney likely doing his best to keep Trump outta trouble, Trump still did himself in. He just can’t help himself.

I truly believe that Trump has a 50/50 shot at winning again. After all, with the economic news being prosaic at worst, enough Americans might decide that the boat doesn’t need to be rocked just yet, even if they don’t like Trump personally. He should be a shoo-in, but his behavior is the only thing making his situation less than favorable.

All that said, there’s no way in hell that he can finish another 4 year term without a Watergate-like event. I know it, and I’m sure we all know it. Whether or not we’re willing to admit it based on our political predilections is another matter altogether. In the last month alone, it’s extremely self evident....like, it pretty much goes without saying even though I’m saying it anyway. He can’t make it, and he can’t help himself.

And Republicans, lemme drop this before I end this diatribe: he’s gonna take the Party down with him, Hoover style. Be careful of what you wish for. This isn’t gonna end well.

The Demonicrats will attempt to jail Trump that's for sure....probably why he may petition to keep running and serving as president in 2024 and beyond till he dies.

Old 02-15-2020, 03:59 PM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The Demonicrats will attempt to jail Trump that's for sure....probably why he may petition to keep running and serving as president in 2024 and beyond till he dies.
the country may demand it.

Old 02-15-2020, 04:05 PM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
If Trump doesn't make it to the finish line in 2024, I can live with the ALT-RIGHT Mike Pence. Wait until the Liberals get a strong dose of a hard religious right President.

They'd likely free Trump from prison, and beg him to complete his term in return for choosing a new VP, and dumping Pence.

Be very careful what you wish for.

Old 02-15-2020, 04:07 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:

if he is re elected democracy is dead and there will be no more elections. His heir will be Coronated when he dies

Old 02-15-2020, 04:08 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,727,017 times
If he is re-elected, he will finish the term. Trust me, I'm no fan of Trump, but he's pretty slick and manages to slide out from whatever he's done, at least up to this point. Whenever he's out (and no, sorry, he will not continue to be POTUS in 2024 and beyond), though, all bets are off, IMO. He won't have senators running scared anymore and bending over backward to protect him.

Old 02-15-2020, 04:11 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
if he is re elected democracy is dead and there will be no more elections. His heir will be Coronated when he dies
So much TDS, so little time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies