Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2022, 04:12 PM

7,049 posts, read 4,932,246 times

Advertisements

Idaho Republicans rejected an amendment to their party platform that would have allowed abortion to save a mother's life.

https://www.newsweek.com/idaho-abort...s-life-1725427

In other words, there is no exception in the cases of rape, incest, or to save the mother's life.

If you are anti-abortion, is this what you want? I need to understand your thought processes. Make it make sense.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 07-21-2022 at 06:35 AM.. Reason: Changed thread title which did not match information in opening post

Old 07-20-2022, 04:15 PM

2,361 posts, read 1,161,512 times
I think there is definitely room for exceptions, such as saving the mother's life.

When the pendulum swings so far in one direction, you often find it swinging to the extreme on the other side.

Old 07-20-2022, 04:17 PM

30,275 posts, read 11,913,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Idaho Republicans rejected an amendment to their party platform that would have allowed abortion to save a mother's life.

In other words, there is no exception in the cases of rape, incest, or to save the mother's life.

If you are anti-abortion, is this what you want? I need to understand your thought processes. Make it make sense.

Look I am pro-choice but the actual law allows for cases of rape and incest. The party platform means nothing at this point. Your thread title is misleading.

Old 07-20-2022, 04:19 PM

63,124 posts, read 29,304,690 times
Quote:

I don't believe this for a moment. Someone's leg is being pulled. Note that the photo was from 2018? A woman should not have to bear a child when her life is danger and I'm basically pro-life.

Old 07-20-2022, 04:24 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,320,313 times
Quote:

make it make sense, you say?

There is no law yet. You're saved!!

Might even just be an attempt to get all the Californians the hell out of their state.

Old 07-20-2022, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Look I am pro-choice but the actual law allows for cases of rape and incest. The party platform means nothing at this point. Your thread title is misleading.
I was going to put in the title of the article but it seemed so long. But for the record, Ohio also doesn't allow abortion just to save the life of the mother.

I realize it may be an "attention-grabber" headline. But we have states that are allowing people to sue complete strangers for having abortions, one man in Idaho is suing his ex-wife for an abortion she had four years ago, and some states want to criminalize their residents for seeking abortions in other states.

Yes, this is all extreme, but extreme seems to be the norm these days. How do you call it out if you can't bring it to anyone's attention? And we have to call it out for what it is: control of women and punishment for having sex. And I realize that last is my opinion and not everyone will agree with it.

Old 07-20-2022, 04:27 PM

6,431 posts, read 2,749,022 times
This is the actual Platform Statement..
Quote:
The platform states: "We affirm that abortion is murder from the moment of fertilization. All children should be protected regardless of the circumstances of conception, including persons conceived in rape and incest."
Where does it say that an abortion would not be allowed to save the life of the mother? It talks about Rape and Incest.

Nothing in that statement says that they would endanger the life of the mother to save the baby.

Old 07-20-2022, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
make it make sense, you say?

There is no law yet. You're saved!!

Might even just be an attempt to get all the Californians the hell out of their state.
Did I say it was a law? I'm just trying to figure out the thought processes of those people (and I'm sure there are plenty of them here on CD) who would actually want a fetus to take priority over the life of the mother. I'm asking WHY?

And you haven't exactly been a fountain of information on that in your post.

Old 07-20-2022, 04:29 PM

1,811 posts, read 912,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustationNation View Post
The problem is that doctors would be afraid because it would be extremely hard to prove in court.

Women don’t have a meter on their forehead telling you how in danger their lives are.

And in the case of rape. They have to prove the rape, and it sometimes doesn’t seem be up being proven. And also police notoriously leave rape kits unchecked.

Meanwhile the baby is developing and causing damage to the woman’s body(or even more unfortunately, a child’s body).

They don’t have a meter on their heads? They have trained medical professionals and diagnostic tests out the wahzoo that can tell if the mothers life is in danger.

Last edited by ketchikanite; 07-20-2022 at 05:18 PM..

Old 07-20-2022, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
This is the actual Platform Statement..

Where does it say that an abortion would not be allowed to save the life of the mother? It talks about Rape and Incest.

Nothing in that statement says that they would endanger the life of the mother to save the baby.
"At the Idaho GOP convention in Twin Falls on Saturday, delegates approved changes to the party platform that criminalize all abortions without exceptions for rape, incest or to save the life of the mother, according to Idaho Reports."

Third paragraph.

It might not end up this way, but it's being considered. And that's scary, knowing there are people who actually want this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.