Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2022, 06:14 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,315,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustationNation View Post
The problem is that doctors would be afraid because it would be extremely hard to prove in court.

Women don’t have a meter on their forehead telling you how in danger their lives are.

And in the case of rape. They have to prove the rape, and it sometimes doesn’t seem be up being proven. And also police notoriously leave rape kits unchecked.

Meanwhile the baby is developing and causing damage to the woman’s body(or even more unfortunately, a child’s body).
twist yourself into knots over extremely limited possibilities. Especially because they are not to he millimeter spelled out in the laws!

When you catch your breath, maybe google "medical malpractice" or even "doctor liability". And see what the standards of responsible or "innocent" are.

Old 07-20-2022, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
I was going to put in the title of the article but it seemed so long. But for the record, Ohio also doesn't allow abortion just to save the life of the mother.

I realize it may be an "attention-grabber" headline. But we have states that are allowing people to sue complete strangers for having abortions, one man in Idaho is suing his ex-wife for an abortion she had four years ago, and some states want to criminalize their residents for seeking abortions in other states.

Yes, this is all extreme, but extreme seems to be the norm these days. How do you call it out if you can't bring it to anyone's attention? And we have to call it out for what it is: control of women and punishment for having sex. And I realize that last is my opinion and not everyone will agree with it.

patently incorrect. What that you type are we to believe anymore?

Old 07-20-2022, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Did I say it was a law? I'm just trying to figure out the thought processes of those people (and I'm sure there are plenty of them here on CD) who would actually want a fetus to take priority over the life of the mother. I'm asking WHY?

And you haven't exactly been a fountain of information on that in your post.

you said:

"In other words, there is no exception in the cases of rape, incest, or to save the mother's life."

written this way, in the active voice, infers something exists, that it is in place legally.

There is no such thing.

As far as being a fountain of information, it's simple:

when your ilk bring actual facts of actual laws, then I will tell you I agree with the position of NOT completely banning abortion by choice for a limited period, and I would not personally move to Idaho because of it.

Because as many MSM websites have little maps and charts that prominently use the word BAN, we consistently find that no such ban at conception exists, and certainly no total ban without exception.

Old 07-20-2022, 06:29 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,680,212 times
Quote:
"At the Idaho GOP convention in Twin Falls on Saturday, delegates approved changes to the party platform that criminalize all abortions without exceptions for rape, incest or to save the life of the mother, according to Idaho Reports."

Third paragraph.

It might not end up this way, but it's being considered. And that's scary, knowing there are people who actually want this.
Yes, and with the vote 412 to 164 is further scary how Republicans in ID seem so hell bent on proving just how pro-life they are that their position could get up meaning they support standing up for double pro-death for both the mother and unborn baby. Haven't Republicans heard of the God given right to use self-defense when your life if being threatened, and that it includes women?

Such crass extremism isn't confined to Oklahoma. At least one Republican in Oklahoma in his primary TV ad for U. S. Senator indicated he was pro-life with no exceptions. He won the primary out of 13 candidates but not by enough to avoid a runoff. It's also scary how many Republican women are actually willing to vote for such people.

Old 07-20-2022, 06:33 PM

15,881 posts, read 6,586,699 times
Even for somebody opposed to abortion, sacrificing a mother seems just a tad extreme. I'm not clear what voter group they are trying to appeal to with that position.

Old 07-21-2022, 08:03 AM

30,205 posts, read 11,863,986 times
Quote:
I was going to put in the title of the article but it seemed so long. But for the record, Ohio also doesn't allow abortion just to save the life of the mother.

I realize it may be an "attention-grabber" headline. But we have states that are allowing people to sue complete strangers for having abortions, one man in Idaho is suing his ex-wife for an abortion she had four years ago, and some states want to criminalize their residents for seeking abortions in other states.

Yes, this is all extreme, but extreme seems to be the norm these days. How do you call it out if you can't bring it to anyone's attention? And we have to call it out for what it is: control of women and punishment for having sex. And I realize that last is my opinion and not everyone will agree with it.
So you are saying they are doing wrong things so therefore its ok for you to do wrong things.

Try taking the high road. Just a thought.

Old 07-21-2022, 08:20 AM

13,995 posts, read 5,652,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I'm not clear what voter group they are trying to appeal to with that position.
Clearly they think it is a winning plank to have in the platform. Guess they'll find out in November.

Old 07-21-2022, 08:51 AM

47,015 posts, read 26,075,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Look I am pro-choice but the actual law allows for cases of rape and incest. The party platform means nothing at this point. Your thread title is misleading.
It's 100% exact. Idaho Republicans are against abortions even to save the mother's life, and they wrote it down.

Charming, innit? Once pregnant, the female is a but a vessel for the much-more-important fetus. To be discarded, if necessary. Why any woman would vote Republican in Idaho remains a mystery.

Old 07-21-2022, 08:53 AM

47,015 posts, read 26,075,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I'm not clear what voter group they are trying to appeal to with that position.
Virtue-signaling churchgoers, women beyond their fertile years? It's worth remembering that when Iran introduced laws on the obligatory wearing of veils etc., it was the old women who were the most eager informers and enforcers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies