Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2020, 02:33 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times

Advertisements

So far, yes, I think Bloomberg is better than Trump.

Arrogant and elitist? Yes, though I think those criticisms of Bloomberg are pretty rich if they come from anyone who supports Trump. Name a politician who ISN'T arrogant and elitist -- yet who has the money and power needed to run an effective political campaign in the US. Obama, with his humble beginnings, was, imo, one of the least elitist presidents we've had (I know I'll get clobbered for that comment).

So, why Bloomberg? Because he's certainly more intelligent and articulate. Because he seems healthier and more youthful than most of the other Dem candidates. And because, since Trump has set a whole new precedent in the political and social culture (which we have little control over), Bloomberg has the means to beat Trump at the game Trump thinks no one can beat him at.

Haven't seen Bloomberg's ads, but if they're anything like 99% of political ads that run, I'm sure they're dirty. With few exceptions, that's the American way of politics: sleazy, dirty, uncivil. Darwinian. May the richest, loudest, dirtiest, most narcissistic man win (it'll be a long time before it's a woman).

As for Bloomberg being a RINO dressed up for the ball as a Democrat? You could be right about that. But, if it's okay for Trump, a lifelong NYC "coastal liberal elite" Democrat to dress himself up as a Republican, then it's has to be okay for Bloomberg to pretend, as well. Most of them are chameleons. Complete phonies.

Anything to win. It's the American way of politics. If this is the new way of politics, so be it. We didn't make the rules. We just have to play by them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2020, 02:41 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Is Bloomberg better than President Trump? I don't see it. In fact Bloomberg is another Romney with an arrogant elitist personality. Yes.... President Trump is over the top at times and roots openly for the home team... he's not perfect by far.

Tell us how mini Mike is a better choice. I'd like to see how dems see Bloomberg. Isn't he a RINO dressed up for the ball as a democrat?
Mike Bloomberg, for all his faults, can actually read and has a brain. i'll take someone with a brain, over someone who doesn't.

Old 02-22-2020, 02:59 PM

21,938 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Why not Hitler while we're at it?

You know the left is in serious serious trouble when they make comments like this.

I appreciate your honesty though. Pretty sickening, but honest.
Agree.

Old 02-22-2020, 03:01 PM

10,179 posts, read 11,166,444 times
No one running is better than Trump. That is laughable.

Old 02-22-2020, 03:03 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,748,538 times
Is that a serious question?

Old 02-22-2020, 03:09 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
He is the only democrat that I would consider. I am a moderate independent. I will vote against Bernie. He is more extreme than Jimmy Carter. I don’t want that mess again.

Old 02-22-2020, 03:09 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,349,032 times
Quote:
Is Bloomberg better than President Trump? I don't see it. In fact Bloomberg is another Romney with an arrogant elitist personality. Yes.... President Trump is over the top at times and roots openly for the home team... he's not perfect by far.

Tell us how mini Mike is a better choice. I'd like to see how dems see Bloomberg. Isn't he a RINO dressed up for the ball as a democrat?
What you call a RINO, Bloomberg, is far closer to the party of Reagan than of Trump. The Republicans have absolutely lost their way if they see that as a bad thing.

Old 02-22-2020, 03:10 PM

35,073 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
He isn't better. In NYC he was pretty good for his first two terms, basically Giuliani but quieter. Then went to shat in his third term. He's demonstrated since declaring as a candidate that he's an empty suit.

Old 02-22-2020, 03:24 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
What you call a RINO, Bloomberg, is far closer to the party of Reagan than of Trump. The Republicans have absolutely lost their way if they see that as a bad thing.
I read a book a few years ago by Christopher Buckley, son of William F. Buckley. In it, he says his dad would be horrified by what has become of the Republican party. And can you imagine what Buckley and Reagan would think of Trump?

Old 02-22-2020, 03:25 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
I will say this. Bloomberg is to the flu what tRump is to AIDS.

They are both bad, but one is obviously a better choice....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies