Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2020, 12:54 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times

Advertisements

If you were White you didn't have to worry about it in Bloomberg's NY.

(and they disparage The South for Jim Crow)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2020, 01:04 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Trump is a long time advocate for Stop and Frisk , including while POTUS.

And here’s Trump criticizing MB for it.

It’s a curious thing that Trump has not received blowback on this.

A rich and powerful white guy takes on a rich and powerful white guy.

Key differences :

One of them is not accepting PAC/ Super Pac monies/ will not be obligated to the special interests of rich and powerful donors, and

One of them is spending his self made wealth on philanthropy and causes he cares about, and

One is an entertainer who never fails to deliver to his base. When one can blow away the #3 highest polling Republican candidate ( 2016) with “ Look at that face. Who would vote for THAT ? “ says more about his base than anything else.

And I say this as someone who voted Trump in 2016.

Old 02-23-2020, 01:21 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
If you were White you didn't have to worry about it in Bloomberg's NY.

(and they disparage The South for Jim Crow)
And if white you would not need to worry about this in October, 2018, when President Trump told Chicago to use Stop & Frisk.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/criminal-l...titutional-and

And here he is in 2016 advocating for Stop & Frisk and attributed it to Giuliani. Never made mention of Bloomberg.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...-and-frisk.cnn

An aide tries to qualify Trump’s position by the number of stops. What else would a loyal employee say?

Old 02-23-2020, 01:27 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,299,469 times
I actually performed hundreds of stop and frisks from working in the NYPD. There is nothing wrong with stop and frisk. However the way it was conducted under Bloomberg was wrong. It became a numbers game. There were plenty of people that never should have been stopped. Bloomberg is a phony. The cops were pressured daily to bring in a quota of SQF's(250's). It was all directed under the leadership of Bloomberg!

Old 02-23-2020, 01:46 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Trump is a long time advocate for Stop and Frisk , including while POTUS.

And here’s Trump criticizing MB for it.

It’s a curious thing that Trump has not received blowback on this.

A rich and powerful white guy takes on a rich and powerful white guy.

Key differences :

One of them is not accepting PAC/ Super Pac monies/ will not be obligated to the special interests of rich and powerful donors, and

One of them is spending his self made wealth on philanthropy and causes he cares about, and

One is an entertainer who never fails to deliver to his base. When one can blow away the #3 highest polling Republican candidate ( 2016) with “ Look at that face. Who would vote for THAT ? “ says more about his base than anything else.

And I say this as someone who voted Trump in 2016.
Trump isn't receiving blowback for it because it would mean keeping the issue alive and further tarnishing who many media types think has the "best shot" () at beating Trump. And you know the liberal media types don't want to do that.

Likewise, Bloomberg's campaign won't call out Trump for the issue for the same reason. They want the issue to die out. By calling Trump out, they would keep the issue alive and well.

That said, I wager Trump is calling out Bloomberg for it to give him a taste of the left's own medicine.

Old 02-23-2020, 01:52 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Stop and frisk should have been challenged and in my opinion is illegal. But like all party fruitcakes, if it is their party doing it, it is magically ok.

You all love making fun of the communist bloc "can I see you papers pleaze", yet you all support such BS in the US.

If crime was that bad that the need to suspend the Constitution was needed, then declare martial law.

Old 02-23-2020, 01:52 PM

3,348 posts, read 2,312,464 times
I am curious why Democrats criticise their counterparts for supporting a police state when many of the controversial tactics such as Stop and freak, three strikes, curfew, etc around the country were passed by Democrat politicians anyways in the bluest parts of country i.e California and New York during the last three decades. But at the same time give politicians and police who break laws leniency. It's like removing the spike on your brother when you have beam. Please note I don't favor one party over another I believe both seems hypocritical.

Old 02-23-2020, 03:19 PM

24,496 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I actually performed hundreds of stop and frisks from working in the NYPD. There is nothing wrong with stop and frisk. However the way it was conducted under Bloomberg was wrong. It became a numbers game. There were plenty of people that never should have been stopped. Bloomberg is a phony. The cops were pressured daily to bring in a quota of SQF's(250's). It was all directed under the leadership of Bloomberg!

That is the issue when a program, a tool that the cops can use to remove dangerous weapons, drugs and people from society turns into a political game.

I think most cops that walk or drive a neighborhood day after day know who the bad actors are but more often they are not allowed by the PC politicians to do their jobs by removing these people until the do something really bad. Stealing, beating up people, dealing drugs, using a gun in a crime just doesn't carry the same severity it once did even 10 years ago.

As in my example where the officer stopped those young guys with the case of beer to check their ID's, I'm sure they were not happy about it but in the end the officer was doing his job in preventing a possible crime and possibly much worse when later that night those 2 now drunk kids go out for a drive and either crash or run over someone. Who knows but letting them walk out of fear that someone might be offended should not be a concern.

I say that if a cop suspects someone of hiding a weapon or drugs then they should be able to ask questions and then if they get a hunch they should be able to frisk that person without fear of being sued, losing their job or having the SJW's of the world picket the station.

Old 02-23-2020, 05:51 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
That is the issue when a program, a tool that the cops can use to remove dangerous weapons, drugs and people from society turns into a political game.

I think most cops that walk or drive a neighborhood day after day know who the bad actors are but more often they are not allowed by the PC politicians to do their jobs by removing these people until the do something really bad. Stealing, beating up people, dealing drugs, using a gun in a crime just doesn't carry the same severity it once did even 10 years ago.

As in my example where the officer stopped those young guys with the case of beer to check their ID's, I'm sure they were not happy about it but in the end the officer was doing his job in preventing a possible crime and possibly much worse when later that night those 2 now drunk kids go out for a drive and either crash or run over someone. Who knows but letting them walk out of fear that someone might be offended should not be a concern.

I say that if a cop suspects someone of hiding a weapon or drugs then they should be able to ask questions and then if they get a hunch they should be able to frisk that person without fear of being sued, losing their job or having the SJW's of the world picket the station.
How many more of your rights are you willing to give up? Speech, assembly, etc?
What if the rest of us are not willing to give up our rights?

Old 02-23-2020, 06:19 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
YES YOU DO.

I love it when people who have no background in security services and police work think that they have all the answers.

Long story short, the minute they figure out who you don't search, they will seek out those people and convince them to carry for them.

Don't believe me?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...llegedly-find/
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/sen...ules-1.4904003
yup!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies