Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2020, 07:45 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,964,705 times

Advertisements

I just don't understand how the media is assuming Bernie is going to represent the Democrats with three states reporting and they aren't even significant states. What kind of reporting are these MORONS doing? We haven't heard from any large powerful states at all. People are going nuts over Russia messing with our election process, what about our own media???? They seem to be declaring some victory. Biden is out already? Bloomberg? Really? Everyone in Texas are all in with Bernie? NY is Bernie as well? Florida? These are some BIG states that make NV, IA and NH seem like a joke, which they are in the big picture.

Why do people take all our media seriously? I can't find a single news source that isn't a joke. Even BBC has gotten silly. Heck I watched 60 minutes the other night and they had a couple of comments at the end by viewers. One was some well thought out thing about Bernie and the other was written and even spoken in some Cajan type accent in a laughable way supporting Trump. This is supposed to be "news", but it is only opinions of the so-called reporters. Does anyone report "news", or is it all just opinions of these idiots they are trying to hype everything up to line the pockets of their bosses from advertising. Maybe we need to bring back the "fairness doctrine"?

Remember these same idiots had Hillary winning the entire day until late at night and then they are all wondering what happened when Trump won. MORONS that talk like they have a clue. They are all just fumbling around trying to make money. Even Chris Wallace is done. He used to be level headed. He sucks now just like the rest of them. He is a Democrat that reports on Fox, which is interesting, but he lost his way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2020, 08:55 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,659,624 times
This is wonderful, and you're right about jumping the gun. I think most people are so uninterested, so shallow, that the news people feel that only way to get their attention is to present this as supposedly exciting new news items. You can see here how many people get their news from Twitter and short videos.

Old 02-24-2020, 09:06 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,555,627 times
They are hoping to scare the base into getting out and supporting ANYONE else because the DNC knows they are doomed if Bernie wins. Right now there's still time to turn things around, but as Bernie gains momentum, it won't be long before he takes the party over the cliff.

Basically it's the same thing that happened with Trump, he managed to win some states early with very little support when there was still 20 people in the race, but by the time people dropped out, he had momentum and was unstoppable. Super Tuesday is right around the corner, that's basically their last chance to stop him.

Old 02-24-2020, 09:06 PM

8,055 posts, read 7,425,854 times
I think the similarities between Trump in 2016 and Bernie in 2020 are eerie. Trump was dismissed at this point in 2016. Many even claimed that he was only running as a publicity stunt and would "get bored" and drop out. But here we are.

Many mainstream establishment Dems are dismissing Bernie the same way. Think Bernie can't get elected? Look at 2016 and then think again. It may be their (Establishment Class on the Left and Right) worst nightmare. Imagine back-to-back anti-establishment candidates winning?

I think Bernie and his hangers-on really would tear the MF-er down (meaning the USA) and start over from scratch. But I could be wrong. That's what people said about Trump, and he hasn't even built the wall yet.

Old 02-24-2020, 09:31 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,619,491 times
Trump is a "populist" and so is Bernie just different political ideologies.
Why is anybody surprised about Bernie leading now?
Even the established GOP didn't think Trump could win so why should that be any different for Bernie with the Dems?

Old 02-25-2020, 03:17 AM

My biggest point was more about, what happened to reporting news? The entire media is based on opinion. There is NO news in it. I haven't heard a single news source that reports the tiny results of the election process so far as it really is. TINY! We haven't heard from over 90% of "the people", yet we have Sanders already going against Trump?

They report Russia is messing around with our election, which is going to happen just like we mess with a host of elections around the world, but what our media doesn't' say is how much THEY are messing around with the process. Homegrown corruption of our media. They are as bad as Rush Limbaugh, every one of them. Seriously!

There is not one news source left! That includes BBC and NPR. Both garbage because no one reports balanced news. Imagine if a news source would tell it like it is these days. Well so far we have heard from 3 states and Bernie has a narrow margin, but we have not heard from over 90% of Americans yet and the race has a very long way to go. Just once I would like to hear the news instead of hyped up garbage! What happened to real news people like Walter Cronkite? There are none left! Just hyped up garbage and we stand for it!

Old 02-25-2020, 03:32 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,957,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
My biggest point was more about, what happened to reporting news? The entire media is based on opinion. There is NO news in it.
It sadly died with big money completely dominating the airwaves. They are not interested in informing people.

Old 02-25-2020, 04:04 AM

24,397 posts, read 23,050,809 times
The MSM is trying to underplay his leading and doing its best to stop his momentum. At best conservative outlets are pointibg out that he's going to have a hard time getting the delegates needed even if he's the front runner due to the DNC's opposition of him.

Old 02-25-2020, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The MSM is trying to underplay his leading and doing its best to stop his momentum.
Please show my ONE source that isn't showing Bernie's lead being underplayed? Heck most media sources including BBC are already posting will it be Bernie vs. Trump as if it is done already.

Media is all opinions and no reporting news. The news is most all of America hasn't voted yet. That is the news. Over 90% of the US isn't accounted for, yet they have Bernie running against Trump. Maybe they should stick to reporting news instead of their commentary as if they have a clue. They really appear to be dumb to be quiet honest. They were dumb when they all and I mean ALL media sources were reporting Hillary has won. That included Fox by the way.

It doesn't matter who YOU want to win. That has nothing to do with this topic. It isn't the Russians we need to be conserned about. It is our own pathetic media outlets. ALL of them. If you feel NPR is balanced, you aren't balanced yourself. Same with Fox, BBC and all of them. There isn't a news source to be found. Not one! Just agenda filled hype. If you agree with your new source, might I recommend you start watching one you don't agree with for a while as well. That might provide some balance. It might also provide better insight as to why people vote the way they do and who knows, people might become more tolerant of others. Well, I can dream I guess. Geez!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies