Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 06:05 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,996 times

Advertisements

It was called 'Operation Wetb@@k, a policy that repatriated about 1.4 million illegal aliens that were in America from Mexico, President Eisenhower repatriated them along with their American-born children.

Critics say it would be impossible today to repatriate 20 million or more criminal invaders. I say the critics are wrong. It was done once in American history. It can be done again!

What do you say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2020, 07:03 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
There is no cap on H2a visas for temporary agriculture workers. Nonetheless, generally speaking farmers prefer unauthorized workers because it’s more profitable. Farmers who comply with laws are economically disadvantaged.

There has been a federal law in place for 34 years making knowingly hiring unauthorized workers a federal crime for the employer. Lack of enforcement created SANCTUARY business sectors, agriculture, hospitality, construction, etc.

Hundreds of thousands of unauthorized workers are economically engaged on farms throughout the US with an emphasis on big farm states. Tens of thousands are working in full view on farms in Trump’s home state of Florida, right now.

No wall is high enough nor patrols deep enough to stop illegal immigration so long as employers continue to economically engage unauthorized workers with no risk of consequences.

The handful of states with mandatory eVerify laws, designed those laws with loopholes. Current employees were exempted. Those economically engaging with unauthorized workers as independent contractors were exempted. The states did not fund audit/ compliance. It’s a joke.

Florida is playing with a mandatory eVerify state law that specifically exempts SANCTUARY business sectors, like agriculture.

The powerful Chamber of Commerce lobbies at the state and federal level to make sure small businesses are protected from federal and state laws- consequences.

There is no, zero, zilch political will to deport millions of undocumented people. There is no political will to poke the bear. And it’s as bipartisan as it gets.

So people rally around the federal boondoggle that is the wall instead of getting to the root cause. Because if you go for the root cause, economical engagement of unauthorized workers, the economic consequences on all people would be immediate.

Tomato harvest season begins in Florida next month. Imagine the economic impact on the state if all the tomatoes were left to rot. What happens to Heinz and the endless producers of commercial pasta/ pizza sauces and juicers when the crops are left to rot? That’s just one of many crops that are dependent on unauthorized workers.

The commercial farms would insist DC do something.

Old 02-25-2020, 07:07 AM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
https://cis.org/Report/There-Are-No-...ricans-Wont-Do

Only 4 percent of illegal immigrants and 2 percent of all immigrants do farm work. Immigrants (legal and illegal) do make up a large share of agricultural workers — accounting for half or more of some types of farm laborers — but all agricultural workers together constitute less than 1 percent of the American work force.

Old 02-25-2020, 07:09 AM

24,500 posts, read 17,239,538 times
I think it would be a good start if we could just deport the ones that after breaking our immigration laws go on to break more laws and get arrested. I don't understand why there is a certain element in our elected class that want to protect a drug dealing illegal alien and once they are deported we need to ensure that they never return.

If I dealt drugs, beat up my wife, used a gun to commit crimes, drove drunk and caused personal harm and property damage I would expect to be arrested and face prosecution which might mean time in jail yet. If I was wanted in another state I would expect to be shipped to that state to face charges there. The point is why do we want to keep criminal illegal aliens here when we do have the option to ship them?

It would be a good start.

Old 02-25-2020, 07:15 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I think it would be a good start if we could just deport the ones that after breaking our immigration laws go on to break more laws and get arrested. I don't understand why there is a certain element in our elected class that want to protect a drug dealing illegal alien and once they are deported we need to ensure that they never return.

If I dealt drugs, beat up my wife, used a gun to commit crimes, drove drunk and caused personal harm and property damage I would expect to be arrested and face prosecution which might mean time in jail yet. If I was wanted in another state I would expect to be shipped to that state to face charges there. The point is why do we want to keep criminal illegal aliens here when we do have the option to ship them?

Also the majority of them are committing felony ID theft or tax evasion to work here so they all need to be deported as they make themselves known.

Old 02-25-2020, 07:21 AM

Documentation about Operation ******* is sketchy at best. Some researchers estimate about a NET 300,000 difference given most of those deported reentered. They reentered because the demand for unauthorized labor, was and remains insatiable.

There is no political will to get to the root cause- the lack of consequences on those who economically engage unauthorized workers and the impact on profits. Politicians like Trump make it all about the bad hombres and continue to give a pass to business owners.

Know the next squirt of catsup on your plate or slice of pizza was made possible by unauthorized workers and the supply chain that profits off this labor.

The US has knowingly created SANCTUARY, untouchable, business segments and it’s as bipartisan as it gets.

Old 02-25-2020, 07:23 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

As you point out, being an illegal alien is almost a get out of jail free card. If an American citizen were to do X amount of illegal activity, they are going to be separated from their family.
Put your child in a dangerous situation, or even let them "free range" and you might lose them. But an illegal alien parent (or one posing as a parent with someone elses kids) can bring them on a long journey where they could die or be raped, and they must be kept together, thus allowing them to be released into our country sooner.

`

Old 02-25-2020, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Also the majority of them are committing felony ID theft or tax evasion to work here so they all need to be deported as they make themselves known.
Most undocumented people are not on anyone’s payroll.

Many who economically engage unauthorized workers seek to avoid paying a competitive wage, payroll taxes, worker’s compensation and healthcare benefits.

The overwhelming number of small businesses claim to have no employees. A joke.

Old 02-25-2020, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
As you point out, being an illegal alien is almost a get out of jail free card. If an American citizen were to do X amount of illegal activity, they are going to be separated from their family.
Put your child in a dangerous situation, or even let them "free range" and you might lose them. But an illegal alien parent (or one posing as a parent with someone elses kids) can bring them on a long journey where they could die or be raped, and they must be kept together, thus allowing them to be released into our country sooner.

`
Being a business/ household that economically engages unauthorized workers is the carrot.

Old 02-25-2020, 07:41 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
It was called 'Operation Wetb@@k, a policy that repatriated about 1.4 million illegal aliens that were in America from Mexico, President Eisenhower repatriated them along with their American-born children.

Critics say it would be impossible today to repatriate 20 million or more criminal invaders. I say the critics are wrong. It was done once in American history. It can be done again!

What do you say?
I say why?

I won't argue its impossible, but would obviously require a great deal of effort and money. What benefits do you expect to see that would offset the costs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies