Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2020, 05:36 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times

Advertisements

positives just announced in oklahoma and virginia.

Old 03-07-2020, 05:41 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
So if hospitals prepare...bad orange man...it may get worse
If hospitals don't prepare...bad orange man...he's unprepared
This is a bigger issue than "bad orange man". He's just not helping by throwing his hunches out there, contravening experts, and saying he's a natural expert at this because his uncle was at MIT.

Yes, the partisans go after him more than they should for things they shouldn't. So they've cried wolf too many times and here we are in a state of the populace not trusting any source, government or news. But poor leadership is absolutely on display here.

Old 03-07-2020, 05:42 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
LEAKEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD:roll eyes:
AHA confirmed that was in the slides.

Old 03-07-2020, 05:44 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
I've been watching Asian news, and in Asian countries, wearing a face mask is always mandatory during this time of crisis, and all the Asian doctors have said face mask offers protection, so wear it. I have no idea why American doctors don't encourage face mask wearing. I have two uncles who are doctors (one is an American doctor, one is a German doctor) both said "it doesn't hurt to wear it, it is up to you." So i read between the lines and come up with my own conclusion, which is yes, I will wear it.

I definitely wear a face mask when I go out, and the only thing I am facing is a potential discrimination which I certainly can care less. So far so good because in my area, a lot of people wear face mask.

This said, I won't stock up on food; I have stock up on cold medication, and other cleaning supplies.

Oh, forget to add: for my city-data friends = all of you regardless you agree with me or not, add Vitamin c and Vitamin e to boost your immune system, (I watched it on Asian news) lol Believe me or not, follow it or not, that is up to you.

Good luck everyone and stay healthy!

last but not least, I posted this hundreds of pages ago, we are really on our own. So if this is your hobby to bash Trump, you do that, but I have a life and I just want to come here to share what I learn because I believe it takes a community efforts to fight this. I will share as much as I know.

Old 03-07-2020, 05:46 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
If people attend rallies and conventions where Trump says he will do everything to keep ANY cases from getting to our shores.....and while he is speaking some at the conference are already spreading it....

That is definitely "Orange Man Clueless". The possible infected at CPAC might agree...although for now those who heard are STILL saying it is a hoax. Really. Truly. Many of them will not self-quarantine and manage their health because they "know things'

No kidding. I could post a quote or two by the volunteer coordinators and others there...but I think people can imagine. Basically they can't get it...according to them.

Old 03-07-2020, 05:50 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Nice nonsense straw man.

We're criticizing the fact that USA is underprepared. Donald's CDC is way behind on testing, and yes, "orange man bad" for that. And stupid. Deal with it.

Old 03-07-2020, 05:51 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I've been watching Asian news, and in Asian countries, wearing a face mask is always mandatory during this time of crisis, and all the Asian doctors have said face mask offers protection, so wear it. I have no idea why American doctors don't encourage face mask wearing. I have two uncles who are doctors (one is an American doctor, one is a German doctor) both said "it doesn't hurt to wear it, it is up to you." So i read between the lines and come up with my own conclusion, which is yes, I will wear it.

I definitely wear a face mask when I go out, and the only thing I am facing is a potential discrimination which I certainly can care less. So far so good because in my area, a lot of people wear face mask.

This said, I won't stock up on food; I have stock up on cold medication, and other cleaning supplies.

Oh, forget to add: for my city-data friends = all of you regardless you agree with me or not, add Vitamin c and Vitamin e to boost your immune system, (I watched it on Asian news) lol Believe me or not, follow it or not, that is up to you.

Good luck everyone and stay healthy!

last but not least, I posted this hundreds of pages ago, we are really on our own. So if this is your hobby to bash Trump, you do that, but I have a life and I just want to come here to share what I learn because I believe it takes a community efforts to fight this. I will share as much as I know.
Because we got caught unprepared and do not have enough masks for both medical personnel and the general public. I was in Old Mexico very recently, throngs of old people getting their teeth and eyes fixed. Nobody was wearing a mask except the dentists.

Old 03-07-2020, 05:54 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Because we got caught unprepared and do not have enough masks for both medical personnel and the general public. I was in Old Mexico very recently, throngs of old people getting their teeth and eyes fixed. Nobody was wearing a mask except the dentists.
That would tell me about why they oversell and overuse antbx routinely given out like candy.

Old 03-07-2020, 05:55 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Because we got caught unprepared and do not have enough masks for both medical personnel and the general public.
yeah, I totally agree with you.

I have no idea why the hell people use public transportation don't wear face mask. If you (the general term) don't believe it offers a level of protection, then don't do it. I am here to share information, not here to change minds.

Yeah, I am a mixed race girl and my best friend is a white chick, we both wear face mask when we go out. So far so good. I can care less if people look at me weird, I have thick skin. Most people here don't care if we wear mask, so it is all good!

Old 03-07-2020, 05:55 PM

35,076 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Default Chicken LIttle is Back

This situation reminds me of advice a friend once gave.

Back in 1979 this friend told me of a situation where is father, a well-regarded New York City attorney was on vacation, I think, in Mexico with his wife. He got a message that his law office had suffered a significant fire. My friend told me that it made a major impression on him that he kept to his vacation plans, and did not fly home to NYC.

On corona-virus I wish that people had that mature perspective. Influenza has the potential to be serious, no doubt about it. For the compromised it can mean serious illness or death. And those numbers are scary. Our synagogue, on Friday at 5:00 p.m., one hour 15 minutes before the the start of Shabbat services sent out the following note (only relevant parts copied):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday email from Temple
Dear Synagogue Community of Worshipers,

In an abundance of caution, and mindful that health and safety are among the highest Jewish values, the Temple (name of facility deleted) will be closed as of 5:00 pm today (Friday, March 6) and throughout the upcoming weekend, while we conduct a thorough, deep cleaning of the Temple campus as the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread in our area.

This difficult decision was made after we learned that last weekend, one of our part-time B’nei Mitzvah tutors attended a neighborhood synagogue (not our Temple) function that also was attended by people who have since tested positive for Coronavirus. Fortunately, our tutor is asymptomatic and feeling well. The tutor has chosen to self-quarantine voluntarily. All parents of students whom that tutor taught this week have been contacted. If your family has not been contacted by us directly, then it is not your tutor who has chosen to self-quarantine.
The connection between our synagogue and a possible carrier is laughably attenuated. I wish, among leadership ranging from politicians to clergy, we could have the degree of maturity demonstrated by that wise lawyer. Instead, we get illustrations of the "Chicken Little" nursery school tale, "the sky is falling."

We get the same immature reactions to terrorism, and to "climate change." On terror, out of a felt need to seem to be "doing something" we have turned our airports and office building lobbies into snarled fiascos. On climate change, we are taking advice from a 16 year old girl from Sweden who was taught, by her teachers and parents, to panic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies