Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2020, 10:59 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,780,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Astonishingly it is! As well as disappointing, I might add. I am a retired R.N. and have a dear friend who is Chief/Director of Nursing for a New Jersey hospital. They are indeed wearing sports goggles, ski mask shields, visors from motorcycle helmets etc in their I.C.U. Etc.
Similar reports and pictures. from all over the US. Non- medical hospital and nursing home staff are tearing up sheets, using duct tap and using supplies from Hobby Lobby like stores.

Let’s remember Trump said he knew this was a pandemic before any one else.

He bet the farm that restricting Chinese tourism was going to prevent a spread and downplayed the risk. Nearly 2 months of precious time was lost because of Trump’s fantasy he could somehow control Corona.

Fox News has the script and is echoing the lies that POTUS is anticipating a future shortage which is why, upon his orders, production is ramping up on supplies.

90,297 posts, read 120,843,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Meanwhile SK has testing booths that can get test results in 7 minutes. Why are we not asking for their help in figuring out how to test in a short time frame?
Do you have a citation for these 7 minute tests? Even a rapid flu test takes 15, strep takes about 5, IIRC. (Retired RN here.)

13,512 posts, read 17,046,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Did anyone notice that conservative hack that claimed the liberal media was working with China? What the Hell was she thinking and what is Trump thinking for allowing that question and giving a real answer to it?
It's right in line with his "I blame the media" or whatever he just said. Look, I think they should back off on attacking him right now unless he tells a blatant lie that puts people at risk, but a non-petulant adult in an office of this height should have some idea how to deal with tough questions. My god what a clown.

Old 03-19-2020, 11:00 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,595,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
The President of the United States, moments ago: "We're meeting by phone. Via telephone. Or telephonically, as they say."

Ladies and gentleman, the leader of the free world.
well that's certain worthy of at least one sad smilie face, neuty.

Dictionary
tel·e·phon·i·cal·ly
/ˌteləˈfänik(ə)lē/
by means of a telephone.
"she has been informed telephonically of our decision"

it takes amazingly little to wind you up, doesn't it?

Old 03-19-2020, 11:01 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,091,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Did anyone notice that conservative hack that claimed the liberal media was working with China? What the Hell was she thinking and what is Trump thinking for allowing that question and giving a real answer to it?
I saw that. There was a reporter in front of her and he was trying really hard not to put on a "WTF" face.

She claimed that liberal media was working with China and drug cartels from South America to slander Trump through coronavirus. It is a friggin' tragedy that she was able to get press credentials, because whatever "news" outlet she's with is fake news and disinformation.

Old 03-19-2020, 11:01 AM

40,954 posts, read 49,228,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
One major medical supplier for both the private sector and the military on the East Coast advising that they cannot accept new orders for PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as they have none. One large hospital system near me advised staff they only have a 3 weeks supply of masks. What a mess.
A month or more ago, China stopped all shipments to the US of medical supplies creating a shortage.
Proves Trumps points he's made from the beginning we need to bring that production home.

It takes time to ramp up production and delivery. People in business know this.

Just try to buy Toilet Paper.

Old 03-19-2020, 11:02 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,595,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Do you have a citation for these 7 minute tests? Even a rapid flu test takes 15, strep takes about 5, IIRC. (Retired RN here.)
i'm pretty sure that's minutes for sampling, not full results.

63,919 posts, read 46,780,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
You cannot tamp down that massive ego for long. He held it together for one day and was able to sound serious and presidential. That's got to be a record for him.
I know. I know. I was hoping something/ someone got through to him.

43,153 posts, read 18,306,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Meanwhile SK has testing booths that can get test results in 7 minutes. Why are we not asking for their help in figuring out how to test in a short time frame?
Strict FDA guidelines on what is acceptable.

We have private labs here that have created tests and they are waiting on FDA approval.

Mayo Clinic has a test....waiting on FDA approval.

We over regulated ourselves to the point where it's going to kill us.

https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/d...tect-covid-19/

Old 03-19-2020, 11:04 AM

40,954 posts, read 49,228,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Ivanka posted a nearly 3 year old picture of herself and kids sitting in a makeshift tent in their residence, encouraging families to bond, blah, blah, blah. Twitter responses have not been kind.

Why would she think anyone cares about anything she has to say, especially at a time like this?
And half the responses from families were very kind and thoughtful. Her message was to take time and spend it with your kids if possible. Make good from bad.

Then there were the haters who attacked her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies