Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2020, 02:55 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
I just didn't see all the politicization that I do now. What am I missing?
There was in the beginning. I remember it well.

However, after more and more cases were identified and counted, the fatality rate dropped significantly. We aren't seeing that with this.

Old 03-12-2020, 02:56 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Anyone want to explain the concept of time to the op?
It would involve a bar graph (peak is expected to be late April-early May if I recall correctly) so perhaps the pictures would help.

Old 03-12-2020, 02:56 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Obama the Messiah was President then.

You cannot say anything negative about him without being labeled a racist.
And you can't say anything negative about Donald Trump without being labeled a Godless America-hater.

Old 03-12-2020, 02:57 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
This is way worse than swine flu. The information is out there if you'd like to avail yourself of it.
This is not worse than swine flu IMO. I vividly remember swine flu.

Only thing that was worse is that people are more panicky and anxious today than they were 10 years ago.

I'll note that politically Obama actually did do a better job on getting on top of it and having a calm face/demeanor. Trump does not exude calmness and he doesn't have an adequate plan in place. Biden recently released a plan and invited Trump to adopt it. Trump should adopt it:

Biden Plan for Covid-19

Old 03-12-2020, 02:58 PM

13,966 posts, read 5,630,295 times
The bottom line of media sensationalism in a media that is still, by obvious majority, mostly left leaning is that when a Republican is President, they will be more negatively sensational in their jobs. When a Democrat is President, they will be less so...on net, generally. Obama didn't get more favorable treatment because of him specifically, but because he was a Democrat. That letter after the name is very, very important to ho media operates.

Every new virus freaks people out, and the media sells paper/airtime by being sensational. Do the math here folks, it ain't hard.

That said, it is a known fact of life in the US, and anyone wanting to be President as a Republican better get ready to get blamed for a whole lot. Trump wanted the job, and this is one of the many downsides.

Old 03-12-2020, 02:59 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
There was in the beginning. I remember it well.

However, after more and more cases were identified and counted, the fatality rate dropped significantly. We aren't seeing that with this.
I honestly do think that eventually we'll see it. I think a lot of people are dealing with it and not counted in contradiction rates so we don't really know how many have it.

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

Only thing that was worse is that people are more panicky and anxious today than they were 10 years ago.

I'll note that politically Obama actually did do a better job on getting on top of it and having a calm face/demeanor. Trump does not exude calmness and he doesn't have an adequate plan in place. Biden recently released a plan and invited Trump to adopt it. Trump should adopt it:

Biden Plan for Covid-19
We are not done with the coronavirus yet. If we were, then maybe we could compare the two. I vividly remember the swine flu too. I lost a co-worker and a family member from it.

11,269 posts, read 11,032,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
I just didn't see all the politicization that I do now. What am I missing?

Trump is president now. Dems have been embarrassed by the Russia/Mueller flop and the impeachment flop already. They are not going to let a good disaster go to waste, because they view the economy as the only chance they have left to defeat Trump. They know neither of their idiot candidates will stand a chance without an extreme amount of help.

Old 03-12-2020, 03:02 PM

27,656 posts, read 16,147,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

Biden Plan for Covid-19
How did obama do a better job on getting on top of it? At what point did he declare an emergency and shut down travel?

Old 03-12-2020, 03:05 PM

13,966 posts, read 5,630,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
How did obama do a better job on getting on top of it? At what point did he declare an emergency and shut down travel?
He was more calm and the media protected him by remaining calm as well.

Trump is less calm and the media hates him, so they take everything about him and blow it up x1,000.

People get their daily reality from media.

Add that all up, and people think Obama was better in his handling, when he was equally pointless and useless about Swine Flu as Trump has been about covid-19, but the media TELLS YOU Obama was on top of it, and now are telling you Trump sucks.

Again, the math isn't real tough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies