Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2020, 03:06 PM

16,681 posts, read 8,677,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
This is way worse than swine flu. The information is out there if you'd like to avail yourself of it.

We do not know that, and sadly you (not the OP) are not being honest. H1N1 struck fear into the hearts of parents because the young were susceptible to it more than other groups.
Yet you did not have the MSM (nor Republicans) attacking Obama over it like they are doing to Trump.

I didn't blame Obama back then because guess what. It was not his fault.
Sure he was slow to react (unlike Trump) and had some missteps. But as much as I thought Obama was a bad president for XYZ reasons, I was not so full of hate that I became unhinged, and wanted to blame him for any and everything that went wrong around the world.
Get hold of yourself woman!

`

Old 03-12-2020, 03:11 PM

6,377 posts, read 2,929,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
This is way worse than swine flu. The information is out there if you'd like to avail yourself of it.
It depends on how you look at it. Swine flu killed children and covid hardly even makes them sick.

Old 03-12-2020, 03:14 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,835,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

We do not know that, and sadly you (not the OP) are not being honest. H1N1 struck fear into the hearts of parents because the young were susceptible to it more than other groups.
Yet you did not have the MSM (nor Republicans) attacking Obama over it like they are doing to Trump.
`
Maybe that's because Obama handled it like an adult. Trump brings the criticism on himself.

Old 03-12-2020, 03:20 PM

10,844 posts, read 4,388,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Maybe that's because Obama handled it like an adult. Trump brings the criticism on himself.
A very weak adult, Obama kissed China's feet for 8 years.

Old 03-12-2020, 03:21 PM

16,681 posts, read 8,677,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
And you can't say anything negative about Donald Trump without being labeled a Godless America-hater.
Wrong

Plenty of people (who voted for Trump over Hillary) have been critical of Trump at times, when he has made a misstep.
However if (God forbid) a meteor hits the earth and causes deaths and economic collapse, I am not going to blame the sitting president for it.

Trump took quick action compared with Obama (who I did not blame for H1N1 either), and his critics started in with he is _____ist, ______phobic and the like.
Though I did not blame Obama, I sure would have preferred he close off the border like Trump and reacted much sooner than he did (a couple of months), regardless of the potential names he could have been called. Then again, a minority on the left cannot be called a ______ist or _____phobic like a white guy can, right?

The point is that you can find fault with any president, but you can also find good in any president.
Based on your posting history, I doubt you have ever said anything positive about Trump, and are just a partisan who only find faults with the other party, but not your own.

Of course if I am incorrect, please feel free to link posts/threads showing how I am wrong.
I wont hold my breath waiting!

`

Old 03-12-2020, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
A very weak adult, Obama kissed China's feet for 8 years.
True or not, that has nothing to do with his handling of the swine flu. On swine flu (as well as the economic crisis) he conveyed an air of calm and confidence. That's the opposite of what we are seeing from Trump.

Old 03-12-2020, 03:23 PM

12,979 posts, read 9,690,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
I just didn't see all the politicization that I do now. What am I missing?
Trump did a good job of politicizing it himself, and I bet he gets a free pass on this. He told the crowd at a rally that this is a democratic hoax, he wore a MAGA cap to the CDC, he called the governor of Washington state, a snake during that press conference at the CDC, addressing the coronavirus issue. And not to mentioned his tweets.

Old 03-12-2020, 03:24 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,377,447 times
It’s just a bunch of crybabies that have no life, but to b***h about everything Trump does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
The point is that you can find fault with any president, but you can also find good in any president.
Based on your posting history, I doubt you have ever said anything positive about Trump, and are just a partisan who only find faults with the other party, but not your own.
That's because there isn't anything positive to say.

There are things I'd criticize Obama for. However, Trump has been a disaster in every conceivable manner. There's absolutely no redeeming qualities about him, whatsoever. Worst President since Buchanan.

7,132 posts, read 4,781,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
I just didn't see all the politicization that I do now. What am I missing?
You are hallucinating is the problem.
- NBA and NCAA cancelled the season and they are not political. They did not cancel in 2009
- Airlines cancelling flights is not political
- Schools closing is not political
- WHO did not recommended closing borders in 2009 or this year, and Obama followed that. Trump did not. If Trump has panicked, that is on him, not on the MSM
- The media worldwide have all been saying the same thing as the US media. Are you suggesting the worldwide media is all in cahoots to bring Trump down?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies