Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2020, 07:57 AM

4,218 posts, read 2,459,291 times

Advertisements

The modern world likes to pretend that males and females are interchangeable, which has led us to an androgynous and hyper confused society regarding the sexes. From antiquity, up until 60 or 70 years ago, men and women had separate spaces, separate roles, and separate societal functions. Clearly people understood that this was the best formula for social stability.

In present times we have men and women side by side in the streets, offices, schools, professions, workplaces, sports, politics, now even military life. Basic training in the military is completely co-ed- the Marine Corp is the one military branch I'm aware of that makes any attempt to separate the sexes during initial entry training.

Imo, this wanton gender integration has led to societal chaos, confusion, dissolution, and hysteria ( ie the "me too" witch hunt). The relationship between the sexes are completely insane and disharmonius. Because we think that males and females are interchangeable, we raise them the same with disastrous results. I've noticed that this generation of young men and boys are becoming weaker and more feminized. This generation of young women and girls are becoming more and more hysterical and emotionally unbalanced. In reality, males and females are no more interchangeable than dogs and cats.

IMHO, to have a stable and orderly society, men and women should have separate roles, functions, and spaces, and unless they are married or related, should not really be "intermingling" in large capacity.

Last edited by Taggerung; 03-17-2020 at 08:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2020, 08:22 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times
What?

I believe that women are just as smart as men if not smarter in different ways so they are capable of accomplishing anything a man can do in the work place. Of course there are some male dominated jobs that require physical strength that most women cannot match. Still in the military there are men that cannot hack the physical requirements while there are women that can so they should not be denied.

I do think that boys should be raised as boys and girls as girls unless their track veers towards characteristics of the other gender then they should be allowed to explore that. I'm not talking about sex change or hormone treatments for kids. That is plain wrong. We used to have a word for girls that acted like boys and that was "tomboy". There were other words that were not so nice in describing when a boy acted like a girl but that is changing. What also is changing are the kids and it happens all the time.

What I don't agree with is when adults with a political PC agenda push their narrative of gay, binary, gender fluidity etc..

on to the kids that are just trying to figure out who they are in an ever increasingly confusing world.

Let the boys be boys and the girls be girls and they will figure it out just fine.

Old 03-17-2020, 08:25 AM

1,049 posts, read 1,606,789 times
Yeah maybe we should designate half the states, say.. west of the Mississippi to men, and the east to women. Seems like a viable solution

Old 03-17-2020, 08:35 AM

5,984 posts, read 2,238,141 times
Males and females are interchangeable in about 95% of what humans do in the workplace on a daily basis. Our entire Military only composes of 1-2% of the population at one time and many of those jobs are interchanged between men and women. Even our Military personnel can attest to how few MALE members become part of elite groups where your argument has sway like Navy Seals or Army Rangers who compose of 0.1% of the military as a whole.

Modern society does not have a ton of jobs which require the only advantage men carry which is brute strength. Most of the jobs we do involve 1 of 3 things: People skills, repetitive easy movements, sitting on your azz while staring at a computer. We have a obesity epidemic in the USA so its not like our current male workforce is all that in shape and strong to begin with.

Old 03-17-2020, 08:53 AM

6,346 posts, read 2,900,201 times
I've been advocating a separate but equal policy for years. The college campus rape crisis is from too much mixing of the sexes. Maybe the Muslims have it right - women can't be alone with a man who she isn't married to.

Old 03-17-2020, 09:27 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,353,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
The modern world likes to pretend that males and females are interchangeable, which has led us to an androgynous and hyper confused society regarding the sexes. From antiquity, up until 60 or 70 years ago, men and women had separate spaces, separate roles, and separate societal functions. Clearly people understood that this was the best formula for social stability.

In present times we have men and women side by side in the streets, offices, schools, professions, workplaces, sports, politics, now even military life. Basic training in the military is completely co-ed- the Marine Corp is the one military branch I'm aware of that makes any attempt to separate the sexes during initial entry training.

Imo, this wanton gender integration has led to societal chaos, confusion, dissolution, and hysteria ( ie the "me too" witch hunt). The relationship between the sexes are completely insane and disharmonius. Because we think that males and females are interchangeable, we raise them the same with disastrous results. I've noticed that this generation of young men and boys are becoming weaker and more feminized. This generation of young women and girls are becoming more and more hysterical and emotionally unbalanced. In reality, males and females are no more interchangeable than dogs and cats.

IMHO, to have a stable and orderly society, men and women should have separate roles, functions, and spaces, and unless they are married or related, should not really be "intermingling" in large capacity.
You may have some points...but you haven't said anything. You haven't described the chaos. You haven't described any solutions. You haven't suggested any practical cultural changes. You haven't provided anything to back up your statements.

Yeah...I can think of ways in which treating male and female kids the same could have negative results. I can also think of ways that might be better. It's hard to tell.

If you want to continue this train of thought...I just focus on one of those things you mentioned...like the military. Is that wrong to have basic training co-ed? If so, why?

Old 03-17-2020, 09:41 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
I mean, I know I spend a LOT of time worrying about this.

Old 03-17-2020, 09:58 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Life is so much easier if we have a society where some people get to do whatever they want, and everyone else has to serve them.

Old 03-17-2020, 10:05 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post

What world do you live in?

"....societal chaos, confusion, dissolution, and hysteria ( ie the "me too" witch hunt)" I don't see any such chaos. Me too? What are you saying, that women should go back to the day when they got raped and just kept quiet about it?
The relationship between the sexes are completely insane and disharmonius. In what way?
this generation of young men and boys are becoming weaker and more feminized. Weaker how? You mean physically? Not the kids I see at the gym!
This generation of young women and girls are becoming more and more hysterical and emotionally unbalanced. I see no evidence of this; in fact, the opposite.

Old 03-17-2020, 10:12 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
You may have some points...but you haven't said anything. You haven't described the chaos. You haven't described any solutions. You haven't suggested any practical cultural changes. You haven't provided anything to back up your statements.

Yeah...I can think of ways in which treating male and female kids the same could have negative results. I can also think of ways that might be better. It's hard to tell.

If you want to continue this train of thought...I just focus on one of those things you mentioned...like the military. Is that wrong to have basic training co-ed? If so, why?
^^^This.
the only example you gave for society being chaotic, confused, dissolved and hysterical is the me too movement. I don't believe you understand what that even is. It began as a way for women (and men) to come forward and share their experience of being on the receiving end of sexual misconduct without shame or guilt, because you know its not their fault. Sexual misconduct that has occurred when men and women were kept in their separate roles, spaces and functions.
Was there a few situations that were over the top, sure, isn't there always?

Im not sure what is insane and disharmonious about relationships. People still date, fall in love, marry, fall out of love, divorce, etc. as they always have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies